shape
carat
color
clarity

ultrasonic cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DB

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I have a unique question... using my own common sense i think i know the answer, however, different jewelers are giving me differnt answers.

I am in process of having a designer set a diamond for me. The stone will be set in cone shaped 18k gold fully enclosed bezel setting. She said she will leave an opening on the bottom of the bezel so that the stone can be cleaned. The retailer that represents the designer has said a "pin-hole" sized opening would be enough. My common sense, and other jewelers that I;ve spoken to have said a pin-hole would not be large enough. My own thinking is that the hold needs at least to be large enough for the fluid to flow into and then out of the opening... but maybe there are things about ultrasonic that I dont understand. So, my question is, what is the minimum size of the opening that would be needed in order for the ultrasonic cleaner to effectively clean the back of the stone?

Any input / thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dan

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I don''t have a clue how big the hole should be for effective cleaning. Personally, I don''t use an ultrasonic cleaner. I clean my ring daily with a soft bristled toothbrush and a jewelery solution. Then, once a week, I use a JewelJet, home steamer ($99, go to JewelJet.com). I find the steam cleaning really makes my diamond look like my jeweler cleaned it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results