shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic cleaner?

pricescoperocks

Rough_Rock
Is it a good idea to periodically clean jewelry with an ultrasonic cleaner?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the type of jewelry. I don't use one at all, I occasionally steam mine, but I get mine cleaner by hand. Soaking it/dish soap and water.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use one but I do not have any pave jewelry. I would not put pave jewelry in one.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of dish soap do you use for this, Ame?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have an US but these days I hardly ever use it. Nowadays I just spray the stone with Windex then brush with a baby toothbrush, rinse with warm water, pad dry with a lint free towel, dip in alcohol, airless spray dry...All done in < 2 mins!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have good luck soaking mine in jewelry cleaner or Dawn dishwashing soap then rinsing it with filtered water. I dry it with lint free glasses cleaning cloth.

I have a jewel jet steam cleaner that I'll use once a month or so.

I have a few US cleaners (Cheap ones ~$20 - $40) and since I used it daily I did eventually loosen or shake out some channel set or pave stones so I quit using them.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I have an US cleaner and never use it. It's too big to leave out on my bathroom counter and too much of a pain to dig out, fill, etc. I keep my jewelry pretty clean on a regular basis, so I' don't really feel the need to US cleaner - I would think that it would be more beneficial for someone who doesn't clean their jewelry often and needs more of a "deep" clean in an effort to get rid of any build-up/gunk.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use a baby toothbrush on my jewelry after it's been soaking in warm sudsy water for about 15 min. There are some spots on my pieces that I cannot get with the toothbrush, though, so those pieces I take into a local jewelry store to have cleaned sometimes. Between those two methods, everything stays clean!

pricescoperocks

Rough_Rock
So if the stones aren't pave or channel set then an US cleaner should be OK?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it's a no-no, but I've used my US cleaner on both pave & channel set stones….

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an US cleaner and I used to love it. I put my eternity ring in it and lost a diamond though so now it's collecting dust.

I think they're very effective for cleaning but dangerous for pave.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results