shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic cleaner question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I got my US cleaner last week and I think mine is a dud. It leaks at little at the top and I thought I read the rings are suppose to move while being cleaned? Mine don''t. Can someone post about their US cleaner before I pack mine up and exchange it?

Thanks!

Carrie

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a whole thread on this but I can tell you I love mine. It does a great job. I just cleaned my grandmother''s eternity bands that were extremely dirty and they came out like they were brand new. I love the feature of the repeat button, you can choose to clean it on regular or high.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my rings don''t move. here is the big ole thread about US cleaners.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My rings deifnitely don''t move while cleaning, nor would I want them to!!!!!!! Then I''d be afraid to put more than one piece in there at a time.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 3:11:04 PM
Author:february2003bride
I got my US cleaner last week and I think mine is a dud. It leaks at little at the top and I thought I read the rings are suppose to move while being cleaned? Mine don''t. Can someone post about their US cleaner before I pack mine up and exchange it?

Thanks!

Carrie
No, your rings shouldn''t move at all.

Mine doesn''t "leak" per se, but it seems to let a little "vapor" through the top when it is filled almost to the "max" line. This doesn''t happen if you just fill it up a little less (somewhere between the min and max lines).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine don''t move either.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine move!!

they look like they shimmer and they move from where they started to somewhere else by the time the cycle is done. i love it, it would bother me if they didn't...hee hee..i feel like they get cleaner if they move, maybe its mental!

also yes mine releases a bit of vapor spray out the top too sometimes when i have it close to the max line, but i try to keep it more towards the min since i only clean my 2 rings daily, not a trough of jewels (i wish!!).

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Carrie, I have a branson and my rings move but just a little. What brand did you get?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2005 12:26:12 AM
Author: Mara
mine move!!

OK... I can see that this requires further information and investigation!
2.gif
My rings do NOT move! They stay like good little girls right where I leave them!!! HOW MUCH DO YOURS MOVE??? Are they shimmy-ing all over the tank, or just... turning a little? DETAILS, girl, I NEED DETAILS!!!
1.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I just got my Sharper Image US and mine move!

They just shimmy a bit and then they stop, then they shimmy and bit and then they stop. Repeat.
21.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Mine move too. I have the Sharper Image US cleaner. The ring shimmies around and turn. They don''t bounce around the whole tank, but do move around.

I love my US cleaner. It works like a charm!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehe lynn. okay here's more details!

ditto what the other gals said, mine shimmies and moves a little, they don't bounce around or jump but just kind of slide across a bit and then back or forth etc. if i put them on repeat then typically they are about an inch from where they first started originally. i figured it was the power of the motor and the ultrasonic shaking the dirt loose?? since it's a plastic basket and the movement is very slight, i don't worry about it, if it was a metal basket and they were bouncing around that would bother me!!

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 3:11:04 PM
Author:february2003bride

Thanks!

Carrie

I do not have a US cleaner so I can''t help you there. But the one I have I absolutely love and it does not vibrate the jewelry. It has both a heated cleaning bath and a steamer. The cleaning bath is and I quote "an effervescent 60 second Electro Chemical cleaning cycle that uses a patented 6V DC current eliminating the need to use vibrating methods that can loosen settings". Basically it works by sending a current through the water (distilled only) and somehow stirring up the powder cleaner you add to it up until it foams. There is no noise or anything...It''s really neat. It also has a "pressurized moist steam cleaning rinse that blasts away dirt in the hardest to reach places". That thing is awesome!
Sorry to sound like a commercial, but like I said I absolutely love it! It is called the Salton Jewelry Spa and I ordered it online from JC Penny. It cleans my diamond and the setting just like when you take it to the jeweler. It also cleans all other types of jewelry. The nice thing is the steamer because certain jewelery...such as costume jewelry can still come clean by using it. I highly recommend it, Carrie!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/18/2005 11:48:01 PM
Author: tomswife2007

I do not have a US cleaner so I can''t help you there. But the one I have I absolutely love and it does not vibrate the jewelry. It has both a heated cleaning bath and a steamer. The cleaning bath is and I quote ''an effervescent 60 second Electro Chemical cleaning cycle that uses a patented 6V DC current eliminating the need to use vibrating methods that can loosen settings''. Basically it works by sending a current through the water (distilled only) and somehow stirring up the powder cleaner you add to it up until it foams. There is no noise or anything...It''s really neat. It also has a ''pressurized moist steam cleaning rinse that blasts away dirt in the hardest to reach places''. That thing is awesome!
Sorry to sound like a commercial, but like I said I absolutely love it! It is called the Salton Jewelry Spa and I ordered it online from JC Penny. It cleans my diamond and the setting just like when you take it to the jeweler. It also cleans all other types of jewelry. The nice thing is the steamer because certain jewelery...such as costume jewelry can still come clean by using it. I highly recommend it, Carrie!
I also have the Salton Jewelry Spa and love it too! The only problem is when the powder runs out...you have to order more, which I need to do soon! I''ve also added Brilliant jewelry cleaner. I use the heated cleaning bath, and then before steaming, I use the Brilliant cleaner...makes my rings sparkle like crazy!!!

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2005 11:54:51 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna

Date: 12/18/2005 11:48:01 PM

I do not have a US cleaner so I can''t help you there. But the one I have I absolutely love and it does not vibrate the jewelry. It has both a heated cleaning bath and a steamer. The cleaning bath is and I quote ''an effervescent 60 second Electro Chemical cleaning cycle that uses a patented 6V DC current eliminating the need to use vibrating methods that can loosen settings''. Basically it works by sending a current through the water (distilled only) and somehow stirring up the powder cleaner you add to it up until it foams. There is no noise or anything...It''s really neat. It also has a ''pressurized moist steam cleaning rinse that blasts away dirt in the hardest to reach places''. That thing is awesome!

I also have the Salton Jewelry Spa and love it too! The only problem is when the powder runs out...you have to order more, which I need to do soon! I''ve also added Brilliant jewelry cleaner. I use the heated cleaning bath, and then before steaming, I use the Brilliant cleaner...makes my rings sparkle like crazy!!!
Great to hear that my purchase was a good one from someone who has it! Where can you buy the Brilliant cleaner stuff? Is it a liquid? Yeah...I thought about the fact of having to buy the powder...I just got mine about a 2 weeks ago, so I have a ton of the powder. How often do you use the bath and how long did the bottle of powder last for you? I use the steamer more often and it is amazing, isn''t it???

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 4:30:42 PM
Great to hear that my purchase was a good one from someone who has it! Where can you buy the Brilliant cleaner stuff? Is it a liquid? Yeah...I thought about the fact of having to buy the powder...I just got mine about a 2 weeks ago, so I have a ton of the powder. How often do you use the bath and how long did the bottle of powder last for you? I use the steamer more often and it is amazing, isn''t it???
I''ve had the Salton Cleaner since April 2005 and I''m still on the first bottle of powder! I use it every1 to 2 days, but I don''t dump out the water with the solution after every cleaning. I do that about once a week or so and add water to the steamer as needed. This has prolonged my need to buy more powder (but I''m running low now!!!).

The Brilliant cleaner I bought directly from my jeweler. You can''t buy it directly from the company, but many jewelers sell it. Here is the link to check it out and find out who sells it. I guess it was given to all the movie stars in their "presenter packages" for the Oscars last year.

tomswife2007

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 4:36:12 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna

Date: 12/19/2005 4:30:42 PM
I''ve had the Salton Cleaner since April 2005 and I''m still on the first bottle of powder! I use it every1 to 2 days, but I don''t dump out the water with the solution after every cleaning. I do that about once a week or so and add water to the steamer as needed. This has prolonged my need to buy more powder (but I''m running low now!!!).

The Brilliant cleaner I bought directly from my jeweler. You can''t buy it directly from the company, but many jewelers sell it. Here is the link to check it out and find out who sells it. I guess it was given to all the movie stars in their ''presenter packages'' for the Oscars last year.
That''s about how I have been using it...The directions never really said how often to change the water, so I have been doing it about the same as you. I was able to take a look at that link and find a jeweler near me that carries the Brilliant cleaner. Thanks again! Do you have pics posted of your ring? I am a newbie to the forum and newly engaged...trying to work on sizing pics of mine to post. Love to see yours...

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 10:09:05 PM
That''s about how I have been using it...The directions never really said how often to change the water, so I have been doing it about the same as you. I was able to take a look at that link and find a jeweler near me that carries the Brilliant cleaner. Thanks again! Do you have pics posted of your ring? I am a newbie to the forum and newly engaged...trying to work on sizing pics of mine to post. Love to see yours...
Glad to hear that there''s a local jeweler that sells Brilliant Jewelry Cleaner...I like it a lot!

Here''s the link of when I got my upgrade for our 10-year anniversary. Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results