shape
carat
color
clarity

Ught oh -- the upgrade bug just hit me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 11:44:45 AM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 4/7/2007 10:06:27 AM
Author: Jewels

Date: 4/6/2007 10:12:36 PM

What was dancing fire''s ''rule''? The studs tcw could equal the e-ring center stone? Woah baby -- UPGRADE here I come!!!

I remember this rule and live by it. The tcw of your studs have to be 75% of the weight of your e-ring.

Wait -- maybe I should include the side stones and the melee in the calculation too! I want to maxamixe this opportunity!
For sure DJ!!!!! I am super excited for you. I would take the BIGGER studs over a necklace. Have fun trying them on. I want an update right after ok?

After seeing your current studs and hearing about your plans for an upgrade, I am seriously having DSS. I want to go from 1.03 tcw to 2c tcw. DH and I have been together for 15 years and he has never heard me say the word "upgrade" until I joinned PS. He is still getting over my e-ring upgrade. I just told him last night that we need to work on my studs upgrade and he almost fainted. He then say I can dream about it for now as it won''t happen to at least another 10 years. I was like
39.gif

Somehow a pair of BIGGER studs makes one feel like a million bucks.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t remember...what is the tcw of your ering in the kelege setting? I think the rule applies to tcw.
2.gif
A pendant would be yummy too. How bout a 2ct bellerina? *drool*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 9:37:23 AM
Don''t worry my dear reasonable friends; if I go on Monday and the bigger ones are either too big or not big enough to make a difference, then I''ll skip it. But won''t it be fun to find out?!

After having spend some time checking these out in the mirror I have to say they look bigger IRL than they do in the pics I posted. How is that possible??

And I have been toying with the idea of a 2(ish) ct pendant...
11.gif
how about a diamond tiara for demon dog?
12.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 9:45:15 AM
Author: justjulia
I think we all like to play up our best features. Put the sparkle where it counts, kind of thing. What do y''all think about that?
I dunno if a 2 carat lip ring is really gonna make me look better....

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 1:05:09 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 4/7/2007 9:45:15 AM
Author: justjulia
I think we all like to play up our best features. Put the sparkle where it counts, kind of thing. What do y''all think about that?
I dunno if a 2 carat lip ring is really gonna make me look better....
OMG, you are too funny.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2007 12:39:13 PM
Author: IrishAngel
I don''t remember...what is the tcw of your ering in the kelege setting? I think the rule applies to tcw.
2.gif
A pendant would be yummy too. How bout a 2ct bellerina? *drool*
The total of the ring is 5.79. 3.37 for the center, .80 for the traps, and 1.62 for the melee. Hmmm.... applying the "rule" I can get some pretty honkin'' studs -- 2.17 each!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha, just caught this thread my dear friend and you already know what I''d say..can''t wait for monday and to see your new studs
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a thought....do 2 carat each studs set in platinum get too heavy for every day wear? If so, you might want to go with WG instead. Two carats in each ear would be gorgeous, but it would be a different "look." I think 1 carat in each ear can be worn in casual every day situations as well as more formal events. However, I think 2 carats each might look a little large for everyday wear, but certainly gorgeous for going out to dinner, etc.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hehhehee - ok, almost had heart failure reading the title!

Too funny - I say go for it!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 4:17:26 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Just a thought....do 2 carat each studs set in platinum get too heavy for every day wear? If so, you might want to go with WG instead. Two carats in each ear would be gorgeous, but it would be a different ''look.'' I think 1 carat in each ear can be worn in casual every day situations as well as more formal events. However, I think 2 carats each might look a little large for everyday wear, but certainly gorgeous for going out to dinner, etc.

About being too heavy.....Absolutely not!!! I have mine set in platinum marinis and I cant even feel them! PLus I wear mine everyday- to the gym, grocery store, bathnig the dog, out to dinner- I just dont sleep in them- mine are 6.70 total weight one is a 3.36 and other a 3.43- Its all in what you feel comfortable with wearing! go for the bigger ones!!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol what a tease, i was like OMG maybe she''s getting a 4c?
27.gif

sure upgrade the studs if that is what you want to do, but i do love a beautiful sparkly pair of 2ctw .... i think that is the ''perfect'' size for earrings having seen a few gals wear that size daily sooo well...but ask me in a few years...you know how quickly things change lol!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm about to commit an act of PS sacrilege, but I'm not going to upgrade my studs. To get enough of a visual difference to make it worthwhile I have to go to 2 cts, and at that size they really do hang down below the bottom of my earlobe. Not to metion the problem that some of you have mentioned, which is that then are they still "everyday" earrings?

Oh well, at least I got several full days of excitement out of the possiblity. And who knows, maybe I'll revist this again in the future when the memory fades of how ridiculous the bigger ones looked hanging off my ears! The jeweler actually laughed when I put them on...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 3:24:18 PM
I think I''m about to commit an act of PS sacrilege, but I''m not going to upgrade my studs. To get enough of a visual difference to make it worthwhile I have to go to 2 cts, and at that size they really do hang down below the bottom of my earlobe. Not to metion the problem that some of you have mentioned, which is that then are they still ''everyday'' earrings?

Oh well, at least I got several full days of excitement out of the possiblity. And who knows, maybe I''ll revist this again in the future when the memory fades of how ridiculous the bigger ones looked hanging off my ears! The jeweler actually laughed when I put them on...
Oh well it was fun while it lasted!!!
31.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''m about to commit an act of PS sacrilege, but I''m not going to upgrade my studs. To get enough of a visual difference to make it worthwhile I have to go to 2 cts, and at that size they really do hang down below the bottom of my earlobe. Not to metion the problem that some of you have mentioned, which is that then are they still ''everyday'' earrings?

Oh well, at least I got several full days of excitement out of the possiblity. And who knows, maybe I''ll revist this again in the future when the memory fades of how ridiculous the bigger ones looked hanging off my ears! The jeweler actually laughed when I put them on...
In that case...maybe you need some non-everyday leverback or drop style 2 carat earrings heehee
27.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

So now, about that pendant...
11.gif
9.gif
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just re did some older studs that I had and I love them.

My current studs are 6 carats total and though my piercings are not totally even, if I put the big backs on them they are fine. They tip a tiny bit if I do not put the back on right, but otherwise are fine. I have a lot of hair and not tiny lobes, so this size is fine, though I do not wear them daily just because I sometimes wear no earrings or fun hoops or something.

A pendant or LM wire earrings sound good to me!

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
DJ if you love them, but don''t like the way they look on your lobes you can always close up your hole and get it re-pierced higher on the lobe.

Just an idea
2.gif

What''s your next project?

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 3:50:28 PM
Author: diamondfan
I just re did some older studs that I had and I love them.

My current studs are 6 carats total and though my piercings are not totally even, if I put the big backs on them they are fine. They tip a tiny bit if I do not put the back on right, but otherwise are fine. I have a lot of hair and not tiny lobes, so this size is fine, though I do not wear them daily just because I sometimes wear no earrings or fun hoops or something.

A pendant or LM wire earrings sound good to me!
Diamondfan....... Do you have earshots of your 6 ct studs????? i would LOOOOOOOVE TO SEE!!!! How do you havethem set??I am crazy about BIG STUDS

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are from Tiffany''s and were in a typical setting from them. Then, I had them do a custom martini for me, but they did not really sit well. My cousin who is a jeweler put them in a tulip setting, platinum. But I should likely not have had any else touch them, though I trust my cousin so I am fine. I would love to set them in Leon wires, but am not sure it will hang well...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disappointing I know, but really it didn''t make sense to do it.

As for repiercing -- I have thought of it but I''m too much of a whimp. I read JustJulia''s threads when she had the surgery to close up the holes and I really really considered it, but I just can''t justify it only to get bigger diamonds. (That answer might change in the future though!)

But the pendant and other next projects... the wheels are turning! There is actually a gem show here in May and I want to go and get some ideas. I really would like a vintage style pendant on a cool chain, and I''ve been considering adding some color (maybe a ruby) to my jewelry wardrobe for a while, so we''ll see what ideas I come away with.

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 4:04:37 PM
They are from Tiffany''s and were in a typical setting from them. Then, I had them do a custom martini for me, but they did not really sit well. My cousin who is a jeweler put them in a tulip setting, platinum. But I should likely not have had any else touch them, though I trust my cousin so I am fine. I would love to set them in Leon wires, but am not sure it will hang well...
Actually I remember asking you abuot them when I was debating on how to set mine- Do you have any earquilizers? I have to put earqualizers on my backs then the clutch back- otherwise they hang and droop- just dont set right. now they face straight out and I can seethem perfectly in the mirror.....but I LOVE my earqualizers....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
where can you get them? I have big backs but would love to get some of those!

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 4:23:53 PM
where can you get them? I have big backs but would love to get some of those!
Any findings company should have them-. If your cousin is a jweler he/she will definately be able to get you some they come in WG,YG, PLAT, AND sterling- I dont want to get in trouble for naming companies on here! Not sure if its allowed- Esentially they are little kickstands- but you have to play with them and turn the kickstand part in the position that suits your earlobe shape and the way you want them to face- Mine are turned pointing toward my neck- But it cures the droop- SO the diamonds face at you and when others look at you the diamonds stare right back at them!!! But I have about 10 pairs of them!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi dj! i'm sorry you did not like the look. i simply adore 2ct per ear and would love to have a pair. ornate is nice for special occasions but plain, simple elegance is always in style. i dare say there are not many woman who would turn away a pair of 4ctw diamond studs because they were just too everyday. most of our days are just that everyday.

anyway, i know you know best and you will come up with some other stunner. i can't wait to see what you do select.
1.gif

eta: i went back and read some i had not read closely enough. i misinterpreted what you were saying about every day. sorry! i feel like an idiot!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did laugh till I scanned the preview to see we were talking about earrings. Yours are beautiful. Can you go bigger....
11.gif
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update. Still, it did make for a rather fun weekend. Your existing studs really are great.
36.gif

Looking forward to your next project.
11.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I HAVE to have some of these big backs. So I guess I''ll be searching
the net tonight!
My little ''ol studs are only 1.33 each, but they do droop.
I was shocked when I got an estimate to reset them in a martini.
Not worth it I thought and the answer was the bigger backs, but
I haven''t followed up on that search. Will now though!

Dee Jay, maybe there is a pendant in your future, keep us posted.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 3:28:49 PM
Author: kcoursolle

In that case...maybe you need some non-everyday leverback or drop style 2 carat earrings heehee
27.gif

That''s what I was thinking........absolutely!

Drop style would be GORGEOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results