shape
carat
color
clarity

Ugggghhhh...I could cry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies, I just need to vent for a moment.

I purchased a wedding dress last Tuesday while in Austin (if I couldn''t meet with the jewelers - due to flight delay, what''s the next best thing to do? Look for a wedding dress). At any rate, I had it shipped back as I didn''t want to carry it in my suitcase & I could save on taxes.

Patiently waiting, asked BF if I received any packages Thursday, none. I asked again Friday (he was stopping home before he met me out for the evening), no package. Saturday, no package. Monday, no package.

Call store Monday night, associate who helped me isn''t in until tomorrow, will leave message to have her return call. Tuesday receive a phone call from associate........Well, the dress never made it down to shipping. Very, very sorry! Was on vacation & no one took the dress down the next day. She then advised that they were shipping it out overnight and I should have it Wednesday. I returned home from work last night, happily expecting a package (the day couldn''t move any slower), plans made to go to a friends to get an opinion, NO PACKAGE. Checked front & side door. NO PACKAGE. Ok...call store. Associate..."are you sure it''s not there? Well, they must of sent it today. It will be there tomorrow at the very latest. I''ll check with shipping tomorrow when I arrive & give you a call". OK, I can handle that...mistakes happen.

She called today, yes, it went out should be there today. I asked her to track it just to be on the safe side & make sure it''s at my front door today. She said no problem, I''ll call you back. She called back..."The dress was delivered yesterday at 10am, are you sure there wasn''t a package at your front door or any other door"? I reiterate, that no, first thing I did when I arrived home was check front door & side door! She asked if maybe one of the neighbors picked it up for me.....no definitely don''t believe one of the neighbors would of picked it up (we''re only close with one neighbor as we''ve lived there less than a year). So, she''s going to speak to a few people at the store, determine options. I am trying to get out of the office ASAP.

My heart sank when I she said it was delivered yesterday at 10am.

I''m sure I have recourse either through them or through credit card insurance. Either way, it''s a pain. First I can''t make my WF appointment, now this? Is it a sign?

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
ohh, that IS sucky, but definitely not a sign of anything, other than a bad week .....

I know it''s little consolation but I felt completely the same way when my first choice of location fell through ....... and then the alternatives fell through. Everything seemed to be going wrongwrongwrong and it does make you go '''' oh no, is this telling me something ? '''' but then, and I''m sure this will happen for you too ....... one thing went right, Naima agreed to do the dresses ... and then the luck turned around, we got gorgeous fabric for the dresses, I went back to the drawing board with my first location and we worked things out and now we''re having the reception just where I dreamed we would.

This is just a little (annoying) test of your patience and coping skills ! I think it''s to see how you''ll deal with bigger stuff later on ! Take a positive turn on this and everything will turn with it.

Count the GOOD things ..........

still love your guy, right ?? still happy as a clam that you''re marrying him, right ??

that was what I did and now look at me ! seven weeks shy of getting married and all things coming together

It will happen for you too, I''m CERTAIN of it !

*HUGSinthemeantime*
C

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!!! That''s so terrible!! I''m sorry!!!!!

You should call your cc company and have them dispute payment or stop payment to the dress shop until they find your dress or they refund you everything plus shipping costs. So sorry to hear about this!!! I don''t think this is a sign - I was really upset about not being able to book with a photographer, but two days afterwards, we found a better cheaper photog who is more our preferred style. When one door closes, somebody opens a window.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2005 3:53:39 PM
Author: JCJD

You should call your cc company and have them dispute payment or stop payment to the dress shop until they find your dress or they refund you everything plus shipping costs.

Not so fast. If the dress shop has a signed bill of lading from the freight company showing that the freight company picked it up, then the claim is with the shipping company, not with the dress shop.

It doesn''t seem to make sense to stop payment to the dress shop when they fulfilled their obligations.

Contact the freight company involved and ask them to provide documentation on who signed for the delivery. If they didn''t get a signature and left it on the doorstep without your prior consent, I believe you would file a claim against the freight company for the loss.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, I get it. Thanks for clearing that up aljd!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no NoonersMom!!! I understand how discouraging this feels to you ~ beyond frustrating right?!?! I know I have days that it seems like every which way I turn, nothing seems to be going right... I don''t necessarily think that this is a "bad" sign... but I know it''s tempting to think that way in the middle of all of these hassles & mini-disasters.

I tend to think that things like this are signs of some sort ~ but not really bad signs? Like JCJD having troubles with one photographer... there was an even better option for her right around the corner. I''m not saying this isn''t the dress for you (it is really just beautiful and perfect I think!!) but maybe there''s something that could be better about it ~ like maybe for all of this hassle you end up getting it for a discounted price? Or, they never find the one shipped to you, refund your money, then it shows up on your doorstep? I know I''m being kinda silly, just saying that if you feel like you need to take this as a sign in the midst of your frustration ~ maybe you can take it as a sign that there is something positive headed your way as well!?!?!

Quick story... Several years ago I ordered a painting from a mail order catalog. I had been looking for something for my dining room for over a year and finally found something that was perfect. But when I rec''d it, the canvas had been damaged in shipping. Same with the 2nd... Same with the 3rd... I was so exhausted and frustrated trying to get this worked out. And, although they were great about continuing to ship out replacements and credit my account properly, it was getting ridiculous. And I could never get FedEx to come pick up the damaged paintings and they were taking up a lot of room (4''x4'') each. Finally I get one that is in perfect condition. Still nothing from FedEx to pick up the damaged ones so I put them in the attic. A couple of years later I put them in a garage sale and I ended up selling them, damage and torn canvases & all, for more than I originally paid for the one so I actually ended up making money on it... I guess it took a while but I was eventually rewarded for putting up with that ridiculous hassle!! Okay, that was not so quick, sorry...

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for all of your support. I just drove home to double check, no package. Called BF to double check he didn''t bring in anything before he left for his trip, got his voice mail, left message. Returned to work. Check my voice mail....BF "Babe, check the art room". Called him, he decided to play a practical joke on me.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I could RING his neck right now. VERY happy dress in our home. :) Although, will have to make sure I get him good....."revenge is a dish best served cold"!

Croi, JC, I agree things will work out. JC, glad to hear you found a better, less expensive photographer. I know you were pretty upset about that at first. Croi...You were definitely on a rollercoaster for a while.

JL....that was going to be my next plan....find out who shipped it, etc. On a side note, thank you for sharing your wedding reception experience. Because of your idea, I am looking into the same. We live on Lake Michigan, both love the water so it seems exceptionally fitting for us. Hopefully it won''t be too expensive! Will have to PM you for tips on what worked well & anything that you might change.

Teebee....great story! Things always work out. Glad to see you were rewarded for all of the hoops! :)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooh....... have you decided if you want children with this man? Cause if you don't I could suggest some things you could do to him for revenge!!!!
29.gif
Hee hee hee!!!

9.gif
9.gif

Bad boy making you upset like that!!!!! Tell him we are very unhappy with him (but we'll gladly accept an apology!)
12.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
check with your neighbors. Last year around christmastime, I was missing a couple packages I was expecting. UPS tracking said they had been delivered. My grandparents live in the house next door, but they go to florida every winter. So I dont know what made me think to look over at their house, but sure enough, when i did, there were two of my packages there, delivered on TWO SEPARATE DAYS to the wrong address. I mean, it seems as though if you had nice neighboors, they would have contacted you, but you never know. It never hurts to check.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! I''m so sorry! What an unnecissary stress!

I havent read the other girls responses yet, but my first reaction was: Was the package insured?! If you use fedex or ups they have an automatic insurance with them, and then more is usually added for big ticket items. Seriously look into the shipping situation.

Anyway, if it was me, I''d call my CC asap to let them know about this in progress and then see what kind of recourse you have with the shipper.

Good luck, sweetie!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
emsmileo.gif
AAAACCKKK!!!!!!! I can''t BELIEVE he did that !

So glad to hear the dress is where it belongs
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''d''ve beaten him with the box the dress came in.
9.gif
Boys...think they''re so funny sometimes...but AREN''T!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
JC, Buena, Fire......LOL....now that is one visual...beating him with the box....LOL.

I sent him an email advising that "revenge is a dish best served cold"! He got the point. LOL. I''ll let him think about that one for a while.

Maybe I''ll find the tackiest, ugliest white dress that I can find & hang it in the dress bag so if he ever decides to peak, he''ll be in for a shocker! LOL....would love to see the look on his face! Mind you, the real dress will be safely tucked away at a good friends house!
27.gif

Called my dad''s office trying to find my mom.....well, my mom filled my dad in so he inquired about the status, told him what BF did, he started laughing and said "I''ll have to give him a high five next time I see him"! LOLOL.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! I just had a chance to read through and saw your follow up post...

I cannot believe he did that! That is just plain ole cruel!
You seriously need to come up with something good to get him back for that!

I am so glad your dress was not lost
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I just saw this...and I was thinking how terrible, but I can''t believe he played a joke on you with the dress, but I''m sure you will laugh about it later.

What shop did you get it from? I once tried on a dress at Ahead of the Curve Bridal in the Aroboredum in Austin and they are super sweet and have great things.

Now more importantly, tell us all about your dress!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Can we see a picture of the dress please?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Blue, thanks. I''m already scheming to get him good! hehe.

Appletini...Once I had a few moments to settle down & spoke with him, I was able to laugh it off. It''s just a comedy of errors! LOL. I actually got it at Nordstroms of all places. I forgot to pack a few things for the trip to Austin, so I went there to pick them up. Happened to stumble upon the dress & fell in love with it. I''m not a foo-foo girl, so I wanted something simple, elegant, updated, unique and sexy. Thought this one fit the bill. :)

Apple & Matatora, you can find the dress here....https://www.pricescope.com/forum/bride-world-wide-grooms-grooves/lets-post-our-wedding-dresses-t20677-540.html

Snow happy was kind enough to post a picture, just make sure you scroll down far enough.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
nooners: I love your dress! It is so unique and elegant. I love that you caught your BF looking at WF and PS! Maybe he''s the one who stole the diamond I had my eye on.

sparkling

Rough_Rock
Its definately not a sign. Its crappy personal service either by the dress shop or by the shipping company or both.
38.gif
I am sorry and I think your disappointment is completely normal. Its probably not realistic to expect that all these interactions and purchases will go smoothly just because they are wedding related but the fact that its a wedding probably makes us have more of a tendency to think about it as a reflection on the correctness of our big decision. It may help to substitute bar mitzvah/or debutante ball for wedding in cases like this. If you were planning a party to recognize a significant rite of passage for someone else like a child becoming an adult member of society, you wouldn''t think it shouldn''t happen just because her dress got lost, or the site he wanted was taken. You''d just make it happen some other way. I hope your dress (or another better one) gets there soon and you get a good site.

Hang in there,
Sparkling

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
OOOoooOOOOO i cant believe he did that!!! I think I would be on the verge of tears!!!!! Thank goodness it was safe and sound though!!! Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
We need some pics of YOU in it though!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Noonersmom - I would KILL my BF. So not funny! Guess it''s good you are marrying him and not me.
9.gif
I''m so glad it''s not lost though, and it will make a funny story.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
NoonersMom--

You should make your BF take you out to a nice dinner for putting you through so much stress! I'm glad everything ended up working out ok though and that you got the dress! Have you tried it on yet? How does it look?

Yesterday my boyfriend casually mentioned... "Wouldn't it be funny if I was hiding the ring in the apartment?" I got so excited!! But he was just kidding around and felt really bad about it later. (As he should!) He said he didn't think I would get so excited.. I was like "HELLO?! My hours and hours of PS and diamond obsession online hasn't told you that I am going to be SUPER excited?!" sheesh.
38.gif

Boys can be so mean sometimes.
39.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Nooner! WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THAT?????? Ahhh males... and their strange ideas of fun. Maybe you should make his cd collection disappear for a few days. I am so happy it worked out for you. I was getting nervous just reading your post!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
NM, have you crafted your finely-tuned pay-back yet? Honestly, I don''t know what I would have done--I''d have been shaking with RAGE and made my bf call the store back himself to apologize for my calls!!! But it''s worth it b/c the dress is GORGEOUS!!

I love your idea of getting a heinous dress to put in the hanging bag and hiding away the real one--just for starters!
11.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2005 2:19:58 PM
Author: flopkins
OOOoooOOOOO i cant believe he did that!!! I think I would be on the verge of tears!!!!! Thank goodness it was safe and sound though!!! Yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
We need some pics of YOU in it though!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
LOL! Ohhh man. That is sooooo bad. Pls post pics of the dress and you.
36.gif
Thank goodness it all worked out.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2005 12:46
6.gif
4 PM
Author: NoonersMom
Blue, thanks. I''m already scheming to get him good! hehe.

Appletini...Once I had a few moments to settle down & spoke with him, I was able to laugh it off. It''s just a comedy of errors! LOL. I actually got it at Nordstroms of all places. I forgot to pack a few things for the trip to Austin, so I went there to pick them up. Happened to stumble upon the dress & fell in love with it. I''m not a foo-foo girl, so I wanted something simple, elegant, updated, unique and sexy. Thought this one fit the bill. :)

Apple & Matatora, you can find the dress here....http://www.pricescope.com/forum/bride-world-wide-grooms-grooves/lets-post-our-wedding-dresses-t20677-540.html

Snow happy was kind enough to post a picture, just make sure you scroll down far enough.
Your dress is stunning, so simple and tasteful. I love the way it has slight gathers in the front. What sort of jewlery will you wear with it? Shoes? Hair? Sorry I just adore your dress
36.gif
....don''t forget to post pics with you in it! As for revenge perhaps the easiest thing to do would be let him read some of the PS replies and then just smile and laugh let him be on pins and needles. That way you arent doing anything to him so no bad karma but he is still in pain.
11.gif
12.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2005 4:54:52 PM
Author: NoonersMom
Thanks ladies for all of your support. I just drove home to double check, no package. Called BF to double check he didn''t bring in anything before he left for his trip, got his voice mail, left message. Returned to work. Check my voice mail....BF ''Babe, check the art room''. Called him, he decided to play a practical joke on me.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I could RING his neck right now. VERY happy dress in our home. :) Although, will have to make sure I get him good.....''revenge is a dish best served cold''!

Croi, JC, I agree things will work out. JC, glad to hear you found a better, less expensive photographer. I know you were pretty upset about that at first. Croi...You were definitely on a rollercoaster for a while.

JL....that was going to be my next plan....find out who shipped it, etc. On a side note, thank you for sharing your wedding reception experience. Because of your idea, I am looking into the same. We live on Lake Michigan, both love the water so it seems exceptionally fitting for us. Hopefully it won''t be too expensive! Will have to PM you for tips on what worked well & anything that you might change.

Teebee....great story! Things always work out. Glad to see you were rewarded for all of the hoops! :)

LOL! Yup, I think revenge is called for. I''d give him a link to some of the nicer Right Hand Rings on PS and tell him to start saving for your 1st year anniversary!!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Muchias Gracias all! I will post pics once BF returns from Vegas. I couldn''t take any when he was home & he took the camera to Vegas.
7.gif

Appletini - Doubt he''s the one that broke both of our hearts! lol. Guess I will find out in a few weeks when we are able to purchase a stone. At least I am keeping fingers crossed, maybe it will be earlier. :) On an unrelated note, is your BF still in town?

BlueChica - LOL...I was close! Still glad to be marrying him. He''s a gem, including wacked sense of humor & all. LOL.

Snow - He wanted to take me to my favorite sushi restaurant Friday night when he returned. However, he forgot I had a girls night out planned to celebrate a friend''s recent engagement. Ahhhh, the irony! LOL. Funny thing is the friend that just got engaged asked how things were going with us. I wasn''t going to mention a word about it as it was her night. That & I bought a dress before I am engaged. LOL.

BlueRoses - Welcome back. Your humor has been missed. I''m working on the heinous dress! LOL.

Matatora - Haven''t decided anything else yet. Will depend on type of wedding. Seriously considering getting married on the shores of Lake Michigan. If so, then flip flops for the ceremony & beautiful shoes for the reception. LOL.

Cute - See general post above. LOL..again, thank you.

WebSailor - Welcome to LIW! I see your breaking on through to the other side. LOL. Thanks for the scare tactics idea! Will definitely consider. On an unrelated note, loved the possum pics. Thanks for sharing on the board!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
nooners: yes the bf is in town until further notice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results