carat
color
clarity

U-prong eternity band with Tacori 2620..... Opinions, please

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello PS!!

I really like the UProng eternity rings, however, I don't see any Tacoris paired with them.....I love my Tacori, but I do not want the matching band. I want more diamonds! Lol :naughty:

I really like the classic solitaire diamond band look...

So the WF Annette ring is 3.4 mm wide in my size (~~cough~~ 8 ) I think the Tacori is 1.8..... I don't want my ring to be swallowed up....

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/annettes-u-prong-eternity-diamond-wedding-band-578.htm

And the Brian Gavin dream....which is shown with .05, so obviously more $$ in .10 pointers, prob out of my range....and it is shared prong, but low profile, which is good....
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/dream-full-eternity-18k-white-gold-5406w18

And add the platinum cost.... :$$):

And there is the "Kimberly ring....but no one seems to have that one..?
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/the-kimberly-diamond-wedding-band-1283.htm

Last but not least, the age-old question, full, 3/4 or 1/2? i realize the obvious benefits of not having a full eternity, sizing and cost.....but a lot of people will say "no one sees the bottom of ring anyway" so there is something to that....but of course I would love the full - more diamonds! :lol:

Thanks in advance and I will post rings after, in case I didn't attach the links correctly... :geek:

_36359.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Re: U-prong eternity band with Tacori 2620..... Opinions, pl

And any suggestions on styles that would compliment e-ring, would be great :love:

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I love the dantela setting! I don't know that this will be helpful at all but I tried on a tacori setting with my shared prong 7 stone. I quite liked the two styles of Bands next to each other. But I don't think it's for everyone.

I am a size 7.5. I opted for a seven stone with 10 point stones because I don't like the way stones feel between my fingers. And I was on a tighter budget that wouldn't allow for a 1/2 or a 3/4.

_1918.jpeg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Hi -Unsettled - thank you for your reply and pic - I wentt o your page to look at your 7-stome - very pretty!! Is ithere a style name for it?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cinderella|1454881706|3988124 said:
Hello PS!!

I really like the UProng eternity rings, however, I don't see any Tacoris paired with them.....I love my Tacori, but I do not want the matching band. I want more diamonds! Lol :naughty:

I really like the classic solitaire diamond band look...

So the WF Annette ring is 3.4 mm wide in my size (~~cough~~ 8 ) I think the Tacori is 1.8..... I don't want my ring to be swallowed up....

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/annettes-u-prong-eternity-diamond-wedding-band-578.htm

And the Brian Gavin dream....which is shown with .05, so obviously more $$ in .10 pointers, prob out of my range....and it is shared prong, but low profile, which is good....
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/dream-full-eternity-18k-white-gold-5406w18

And add the platinum cost.... :$$):

And there is the "Kimberly ring....but no one seems to have that one..?
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/the-kimberly-diamond-wedding-band-1283.htm

Last but not least, the age-old question, full, 3/4 or 1/2? i realize the obvious benefits of not having a full eternity, sizing and cost.....but a lot of people will say "no one sees the bottom of ring anyway" so there is something to that....but of course I would love the full - more diamonds! :lol:

Thanks in advance and I will post rings after, in case I didn't attach the links correctly... :geek:

My eternity is a full minus one stone for sizing. I feel like I get the best of both worlds - I never have to worry about spinning and seeing metal, but I also don't have to worry about sizing restrictions :sun:

You'll definitely want to wear a spacer between your Tacori and any eternity that exposes the girdles, like the ones you're looking at. A spacer helps visually separate adjacent diamond rings and helps break up the "mash of sparkle", which is an added bonus!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Yssie - Your ring is beautiful - I have seen it on my many searches :love:

Thank you for your reply ;-))

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Yssie - if only your fingers weren't half my size!!!!!! Darn!!! i would snap that up! :Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha thanks Cinderella - I hope it goes quickly ::)

In your case... You obviously like the look of "lots of diamond", as even an eternity with 5pointers would be :sun: so... I'd say if you can swing 10pt stones that'd be an awesome "compromise" size - small enough to pair with another ring, but big enough to wear as a standalone piece as well :love:

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

You know how it is, always expenses elsewhere, do i really "NEED" X....(yes!) so I would def do the 10 pointers....it is one of those things I won't be able to do again. for sentimental reasons, I would have to keep what I get, ya know? So I want to do it right the first time :mrgreen:

The Kimberly looks like 12 points if my math skills are right, which they usually aren't :Up_to_something: (if i dont get the full eternity) but I am leaning towards the full....I think I would like seeing the diamonds all around....all I do is stare at my diamond as it is anyway, so it is for my viewing pleasure! :love:

But WF is going to send me photos with the Annette next to a Tacori, which will be very cool....just have to wait for Monday....I will share them for everyone's benefit in case anyone else is thinking of this...

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

unsettled|1454883393|3988129 said:
I love the dantela setting! I don't know that this will be helpful at all but I tried on a tacori setting with my shared prong 7 stone. I quite liked the two styles of Bands next to each other. But I don't think it's for everyone.

I am a size 7.5. I opted for a seven stone with 10 point stones because I don't like the way stones feel between my fingers. And I was on a tighter budget that wouldn't allow for a 1/2 or a 3/4.

Looking again at that photo, it is really helpful because the pave on my ring goes halfway and it shows where a 7-stone would end....thanks again :wavey:

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Cinderella|1454885845|3988139 said:
Hi -Unsettled - thank you for your reply and pic - I wentt o your page to look at your 7-stome - very pretty!! Is ithere a style name for it?

Mine is a 7 stone from whiteflash. And I do love it. I love the 10 pointers because I feel like it goes well with my 1.5 carat diamond but stands alone well too. If I am being totally honest, I think I could have pushed to 15 pointers. Maybe one day.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My feeling is the 2620 and a u-prong eternity are two very different styles, one antique and one modern. I tried on the 2620 once with my Tiffany Legacy band which has milgrain edges, and it was perfect. Here's a pic.

_36366.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you DIamondseeker - i know they are different, I was just leaning away from the pave/channel....although your pic does look very pretty, I was hoping I can get away with it.....figures I made things complicated :???:

Is a diamond band so modern..? I never thought of it that way....You all have way more experience than me! LOL :naughty:

I really want to add more sparkle :love:

Here are pics WF sent me.....

_36367.jpg

_36368.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006 said:
My feeling is the 2620 and a u-prong eternity are two very different styles, one antique and one modern. I tried on the 2620 once with my Tiffany Legacy band which has milgrain edges, and it was perfect. Here's a pic.

Should I be looking at a bead set type band? (This is why I am starting the search early, so I can change my mind a million times!) Is the legacy very sparkly? i have never seen one in person....just kind of had my mind on a shared prong type ring.... :confused:

We are going to go to Tiffany just to see the different styles at some point.... :tongue:

And the search goes on.... :doh:

Thanks again!

And who would have the best runner up to the Legacy, BGD?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes! The Legacy band is very sparkly and is beadset. I love it! Going to Tiffany is a great idea! They have beautiful bands. I like their shared prong bands with their plain solitaires very much. But I like the Legacy look with antique style e-rings or antique diamonds.

Hmmm, I would have to look at little, but Beverley K might have the closest (Pearlman's and Good Old Gold carry those). I will tell you that the Legacy is about 2.2 mm wide as seen in that picture above, so keep that in mind as you look at bands online.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Can I go a little wider for more presence?

My fiancee likes the Legacy as well, just showed him the Tiffany catalogue and it had 5 styles on the page, and I said, which one? He picked the Legacy :clap:

Hmmmmm.....

i have to explore.....Thanks so much for your input!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Legacy has a 3.2 mm band aka MORE DIAMONDS! Hahahaha!!

We are so going this weekend "just to look"! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, yes, I have tried on the wider one, too, but it was really too wide. However, Maytal Hannah made my daughter a very nice beadset wedding band that is maybe 2.5 mm and believe it or not, the diamonds definitely appear larger than mine. One advantage to Maytal's is that she made a little sizing area in case the band ever needs to be sized a little and it is engraved and you can hardly tell when that area is turned toward the front. The last picture shows that. I couldn't even see it at a normal viewing distance when I took the picture!

First pic is the 3mm Legacy band and the last two are the Maytal Hannah 2.5mm band (which can be made in any width):

legacyband1_1.jpg

img_10690.jpg

img_10691.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you DS - very pretty Maytal ring!!

I never get tired of looking at diamond rings, that's for sure!!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

hello..... :whistle:

sooooo.....i went to Tiffany - tried on some shared prongs, and DIamondseeker, of course, the Legacy, which was very pretty, btw! :love:

and I didn't leave there "wishing" for anything in particular...well, besides everything!! my, my, that lighting is incredible!!

of course I heard the usual "our diamonds are very beautiful" ...ummm, yes, I know, they are. :tongue:

so then I popped into Two by London Jewelers to see some Memoire and other styles.....they had a lot of bands. and the salespeople were really nice, so that's always cool.

So I have to say, I do like the eternity bands with my ring. it def isn't matching as much as I would like, but I really really want to bling up my overall look. Now of course I have to shop around and all and figure out who to buy from and will take my time with this purchase, as my ering was a rushed decision.....and I am not thrilled that I rushed through it....but that's another story :wall:

BGD Dream is on my list, as well as WF....and IDJ I will scope out :naughty: and others of course....I have time!
so i wanted to share some pics and see what you all think. :naughty:

the good news is, she steamed my ring...bad news is, I found out my stone is loose.....so now I have to send back to Tacori :rolleyes:

they are 10 pointers....

_36401.jpg

_36402.jpg

_36403.jpg

_36404.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi! Love your Tacori, it's so beautiful! The 2620 is one of my faves.

I like a "big bling" look, so I think you could pull off the 10 pointers. Some might say it will overpower your e-ring, but I think it's fab! :) You could also try 8 or 7 pointers maybe.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you Laila!! :love:

I will be doing more shopping soon and trying on the various sizes, as well as trying to decide on full or 1/2.......it all will depend on the height, because one of those pics above, the side view looks way too chunky.....I was looking from the top side down, width-wise.....all things have to be considered, so I have a feeling 8 will be the magic number :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results