shape
carat
color
clarity

Types of Inclusions, which ones are better / worse to have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

overflowing

Rough_Rock
Of all the types of Inclusions, which ones are better / worse to have?

I''m looking at a few Flanders shaped diamonds F and G SI1''s graded by HRD. I noticed some Carbon in two of them off to the side and a "feather" under the table in another.

My questions:

1. Is carbon any worse than a "feather"?
2. What category does carbon fall in from the list below?

I looked at Good Old Gold''s Gallery of Inclusions site and saw these:

Included Crystal
Pinpoint Inclusion
Surface graining
Internal graining
Grain and Strain
Twinning Wisp

http://www.goodoldgold.com/gallery_of_inclusions.htm

Thanks!

Julian

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds complicated...

I only know one way to tell bad from good inclusions apart: the bad ones show the good one don''t ("show"=are visible in the set diamond without magnification).

Usually colored inclusions (carbon is black) are aparent even if transparent ones of the samesize do not. So... the average black inclusion has a bad name. Since the average is not of concern but one particular diamond, even this needs the grain of salt, IMO.

It takes some glaring inclusions to risk damage the stone, not compatible with the SI1 grade, as far as I know (not too far, that is).

Just my 0.2 as usual
1.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
What about clouds? My GIA report says the only inclusion is this tiny cloud. Someone told me it was bad, but I don''t know why.

TLS

Shiny_Rock
i personally have an si1 with cloud right under the table and i have not been able to find it despite trying very very hard... even with a loupe it takes me a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results