shape
carat
color
clarity

twobirds bridesmaid dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Her daddy making her smile! Thanks for your interest. It''s always nice to meet a fellow corgi lover!

Smiling.JPG

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Freke I was gonna ask the same question! Kirby she''s soooo cute! I love corgies!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much! She''s an attention piggy, so I''ll make sure to tell her she got lots of compliments today!!

My parents just got a little corgi, too. He''s pretty naughty, but sooo cute! I''ll post a few pictures of him for your viewing enjoyment!

Yogi.JPG

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
My how quickly we got off topic! Hhaha!

sleeping yogi.jpg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I love your dress and the bridesmaids dresses (they go together without being overly matchy). I would be concerned about the breast issue though (them being covered and the bra issue).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My gosh! They are BOTH just adorable! I love them so much. We actually had a female before we got Judge. Someday I want to get another one. For now we have two mutts--in a condo. Now if we had some kind of yard...we''d have a third dog....

Love the pics! (Feel free to post more!)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I actually think they are still adorable with the bandeau!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 7:01:41 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I actually think they are still adorable with the bandeau!

Good! Because the more I look at it, I don''t think it totally detracts from the dress! Hopefully it will all work out! Thanks for checking it out. Outside opinions are super helpful!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love your dress, and the corgis !

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dresses, but if I was the BM I would really be uncomfortable going braless in front of elderly relatives of the bride, etc, shudder, .... dont need to worry about swinging bits and pieces and being oogled. It is just too formal a venue for me to feel comfortable to be like that, and I would really even hate to be asked this by the bride. but boy is it a lovely dress!

db

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I think the dresses are lovely with the bandeau they don''t look bad just different.

I was going to suggest a U-bra as a possibility it might work depending on how your configure the back of the dress without the bandeau.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
First off, you have my DREAM dress.

I saw that in a mag once and fell in love.

I love your bridesmaids dresses. Pink would be lovely.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Cool idea and good find on this dress! However, I would see how supportive the bandeau really is. I know for me, I need bras that have cups- strapless bras that are just straight across strips of fabric (as these bandeaus seem to be) don''t really provide any support and just end up making my chest look squished in weird ways. And I''m not even that overly-large chested.

Also, I hesitate to even bring this up since it''s really none of my business, but have you discussed the cost of the bridesmaid dress with your girls? That could play a role in whether or not they are "for" this dress.

Meanwhile, have you seen this Ann Taylor bridesmaid dress? It also has rosettes on it, comes in pink, and is actually on sale:
http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=18602&loc=LN&pCategoryId=3942&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_1739&N=1200030&Nty=1&categoryId=1739&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Dandelion&defaultSizeType=Regular
(it''s called "Silk dress with flower sash" in case the link doesn''t work)

Good luck figuring out the bridesmaid dress situation!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress but more to the point!

WHAT AN ADORABLE PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Awww, such a cutie, they are both gorgeous doggies, just wanna give them a big squishy cuddle!!!!!
9.gif

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 8:28:35 PM
Author: Deelight
I think the dresses are lovely with the bandeau they don''t look bad just different.

I was going to suggest a U-bra as a possibility it might work depending on how your configure the back of the dress without the bandeau.
I will definitely look into those. Thank you for checking out how they look with the bandeau! I should be getting the sample in a few days, so hopefully we can try different bra options and see what works! Thanks again!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 10:49:54 PM
Author: cindygenit
First off, you have my DREAM dress.

I saw that in a mag once and fell in love.

I love your bridesmaids dresses. Pink would be lovely.

Thank you! I love the dress! My wedding is in July and it''s super hot here, so I wanted to be comfortable all day. It''s so light and flowy, and absolutely beautiful.

As for the bridesmaid dresses: I think pink would be pretty, as well! Thanks so much for checking it out!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 11:48:21 PM
Author: havernell
Cool idea and good find on this dress! However, I would see how supportive the bandeau really is. I know for me, I need bras that have cups- strapless bras that are just straight across strips of fabric (as these bandeaus seem to be) don''t really provide any support and just end up making my chest look squished in weird ways. And I''m not even that overly-large chested.

Also, I hesitate to even bring this up since it''s really none of my business, but have you discussed the cost of the bridesmaid dress with your girls? That could play a role in whether or not they are ''for'' this dress.

Meanwhile, have you seen this Ann Taylor bridesmaid dress? It also has rosettes on it, comes in pink, and is actually on sale:
http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=18602&loc=LN&pCategoryId=3942&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_1739&N=1200030&Nty=1&categoryId=1739&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Dandelion&defaultSizeType=Regular
(it''s called ''Silk dress with flower sash'' in case the link doesn''t work)

Good luck figuring out the bridesmaid dress situation!!
I''m hoping to conceal a strapless bra underneath the bandeau for extra support.

As far as the cost goes, I''m buying their dresses for them. A lot of my girls are in grad school/professional school and will be on a tight budget, so I didn''t want them to worry about the cost of a dress, at all. Had they been paying for their own dresses, this dress would totally NOT be an option.

Thank you for the suggestion on the Ann Taylor dress. I''m going to forward it to my sister!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 5:11:43 AM
Author: honey22
Gorgeous dress but more to the point!

WHAT AN ADORABLE PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Awww, such a cutie, they are both gorgeous doggies, just wanna give them a big squishy cuddle!!!!!
9.gif
Thanks, honey! I love them, too!! They just looooove attention, so I''m sure they wouldn''t mind a big squishy cuddle; that is if you don''t mind wet puppy kisses! Hhahaa! Thanks for checking out the dress, as well!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about this last night.

A) There are a few ways to wrap the dress that would wonderfully conceal at strapless, with or without the bandeau. Look in the "Lovely Days" section for the wedding where the BM wrapped it so it looked like a tube-ish top, but with kind of a X-shape around the neck. Would conceal a bra, and looks fab. Same with the strapless options.

B) Play with this dress. Seriously. I bet if you have the dress and a bra, you'll find a bunch of pretty ways to wrap it. I'm sure you're creative. You can do it.

C) You may have found one of the few dresses that looks just as good on the more endowed women out there. Seriously. Check out the pictures. It's like this dress was designed for curvier women. It looks as fab on a size 2 slim and tall BM and it looks fab on the plus-sized BMs. And the larger ta-tas look FAB in it, too! I am in
30.gif

ETA: It's Krystin's wedding in Toronto on the first page of "Lovely Days". Check out the middle picture.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/11/2009 3:40:56 PM
Author: princesss
Okay, so I spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about this last night.

A) There are a few ways to wrap the dress that would wonderfully conceal at strapless, with or without the bandeau. Look in the ''Lovely Days'' section for the wedding where the BM wrapped it so it looked like a tube-ish top, but with kind of a X-shape around the neck. Would conceal a bra, and looks fab. Same with the strapless options.

B) Play with this dress. Seriously. I bet if you have the dress and a bra, you''ll find a bunch of pretty ways to wrap it. I''m sure you''re creative. You can do it.

C) You may have found one of the few dresses that looks significantly better on the more endowed women out there. Seriously. Check out the pictures. It''s like this dress was designed for curvier women. It looks as fab on a size 2 slim and tall BM and it looks fab on the plus-sized BMs. And the larger ta-tas look FAB in it, too! I am in
30.gif

ETA: It''s Krystin''s wedding in Toronto on the first page of ''Lovely Days''. Check out the middle picture.
You are so awesome! I stressed out over it last night, too. I meticulously scanned each "real wedding" picture for those same things you mentioned. I think they''ll work out really nice. I''m excited to get the sample! Thank you so much! You''ve put my mind at ease....well, more than it was before!!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
For those of you who remember, I finally got the sample dress and took it over to my sister''s to have her try it on! She had on a bra in some of the pictures, so try and envision it without :)

Let me know what you think.

Also, I want the dresses in the rosette variety that I posted at the beginning. The sample they send out is just the regular dress, so if I do end up getting the dresses, try to keep in mind that that the hem will look different.

Thanks!

Twobirds1.jpg

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Oops, forgot to black out her face in the first one! Oh, well...

twobirds2.jpg

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
There are lots of different ways to tie it! We couldn''t get any of the strapless styles to look right. So, there aren''t any pictures of those.

twobirds3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results