shape
carat
color
clarity

twobirds bridesmaid dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock

What do you girls think of these? I''ve been in contact with them, and they are so polite and easy to work with. They can match any color I want, which is a plus. My only concern is that you can''t exactly wear a bra with them. The consultant informed me that they offer a bandeau to go under them so you can conceal a strapless bra or wear the bandeau for extra support without the bra. I''m just a little nervous that I won''t like the dress as much with the bandeau. I ordered a sample of the dress for my sister to try on, and it should be here next week. Has anyone had any experience with these? Thanks so much for looking!

Oh, and the dress I''m interested in is the "After Party Dress" with rosettes on the bottom. My wedding has kind of taken on a rosette them, so to speak. I''m wearing the Manuel Mota Valdemar dress, which has rosettes across the top. Let me know what you think. I''ll attach my dress and the potential bridesmaid dress pictures.

super cute dress.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ummm...how do you wrap that without a bra without the whole world seeing your boobs? I''m not a shy girl, body-wise, but it seems like if you''re all getting ready together it would be pretty tough on your more modest BMs.

Also, as a rather well-endowed lady, I wonder about two things: how you''re going to get any/more support in that dress, and how your going to cover up if things get a little chilly, KWIM?

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Yes! I know exactly what you mean. She''s sending me a bandeau that is the same material/color as the dress that can go over a bra and underneath the dress. I just don''t know if I''ll like the dress as much with a bandeau underneath. It might not work out at all. I''ll post pictures and give an update when I get the sample.

Oooooh, the trials and tribulations of wedding planning! Hhaha!

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
First of all the dresses are FANTASTIC... BUT

I''m with Princess on this one; the dresses are to die for, but being rather, er...chesty myself, that dress would be a nightmare for anyone with a chest. I would suspect anyone other than an A-cup would want a bra and not sure how in the world you would hide it in that dress.
Just make it required all your BM have bitty boobies and you''re good to go!
25.gif

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Oh, if only that were possible! I have three girls that are rather well-endowed! I just love the design soooo much! Unfortunately it may not work out! Thanks for your input, ladies! I really do appreciate it!

http://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com/

If you look under the "delicacies" tab and click on "bandeaus" it kind of gives you an idea as what it will look like under the dress.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ll check it out. I absolutely ADORE these dresses, though, and would definitely buy one as a guest because I could re-wear the heck out of that thing. So let me know how it looks with the beandeau, because I seriously love these dresses.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
That''s a good idea! I will go out and buy some different options and hopefully my sister won''t mind trying them all on! She''s a D cup, and wore a backless dress for her wedding. She used that tape stuff the you stick on, lift up, and restick. She said it worked pretty well. I''m thinking if we go that route, we might want to invest in some low beams, as well, just in case somebody gets a little chilly! Thanks for the comments and suggestions, ladies!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:11:45 PM
Author: princesss
I''ll check it out. I absolutely ADORE these dresses, though, and would definitely buy one as a guest because I could re-wear the heck out of that thing. So let me know how it looks with the beandeau, because I seriously love these dresses.
Princess,

I will definitely let you know how it all works out. I should have the sample dress by the first of next week!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i think this dress is really pretty, but i would go with a darker color to avoid the "naked dress" effect. i really love it!! it''s so floaty and it really goes with your gown beautifully.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Cocolaw,

Thank you so much! I love these. The ladies at twobirds told me that they could match whatever color I wanted. My wedding colors are pink and orange, and the guys are wearing grey suits. Originally, I wanted orange dresses, but now I can''t decide if I want to have the dresses in orange or pink.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I checked out the bandeau.

And I''m not a fan. It just changes the entire look of the dress, you know? So I''d have a chat with your BMs, and see how comfy they are going bra-less. I do it every now and then, and it''s magic what some duct tape under the boobs will do to hold them up. That and some sheilds to keep people from noticing a cool breeze, and you should be okay if they''re comfortable. If not...you may need new dresses.
7.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what awesome dresses! As a big busted gal, I would definitely have a tough time wearing that dress with no bra, though. That could be a problem

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I think these dresses are super pretty - no alterations would be great! I actually like the look of the bandeau (less bare, which might be important depending on your ceremony site), although I''m guessing it looks better with some ways of tying than others. I''ve been looking into buying a similar style dress from Victoria''s Secret, just to have around.

Although, if you actually want your bridesmaids to be able to wear the dresses again, the rosette style might limit that somewhat. Just a thought!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
True.

You know, I''m thinking....these wouldn''t be *too* hard to make, right? Get the right material and some elastic and you should be good to go.

I feel a project coming on.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
I agree, the bandeau does change the look of the dress. That''s why I''m not so sure about it. I''ll have to sit down and talk to the girls and see if they''d be comfortable wearing booby tape and n*pple covers! But, I will say that I''m sure a lot of the girls would appreciate not being so bare, so maybe some could wear the bandeau and others could choose not to. Or do you think that would look silly?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:41:23 PM
Author: KirbyCarolina
I agree, the bandeau does change the look of the dress. That''s why I''m not so sure about it. I''ll have to sit down and talk to the girls and see if they''d be comfortable wearing booby tape and n*pple covers! But, I will say that I''m sure a lot of the girls would appreciate not being so bare, so maybe some could wear the bandeau and others could choose not to. Or do you think that would look silly?

I don''t think it would look silly at all if some wore the bandeau and some didn''t, particularly if they were tied in various ways to flatter each maid (since the dresses will look different to begin with).

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:45:50 PM
Author: sillyberry

Date: 9/10/2009 2:41:23 PM
Author: KirbyCarolina

I don''t think it would look silly at all if some wore the bandeau and some didn''t, particularly if they were tied in various ways to flatter each maid (since the dresses will look different to begin with).

Good point! Perhaps the bandeau would be leass noticeable with the one-shoulder style? I can''t wait to get the sample and try out different things!

You ladies have been fantastic! Thanks so much!

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love the dresses! I looked at them myself because they are so versatile. The girls can choose their look/cut and they can be used again (depending on the color) for a cocktail dress.

If you go to the website there are lots of real wedding pictures and I don''t see the problem with larger cup sizes or nipple peek throughs you guys were worried about. Go to Lovely Days in the top right corner

http://twobirdsbridesmaid.com/

I also think it could be possible to use those sticky bras or versatile strapless bras with the adjust-29-ways straps. Or the backless bras from the waist. Or using a combo of duct and athletic tape a la beauty pageants
3.gif
These fears have been around for a long time ladies!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
those dresses are gorgeous. if your girls can pull them off, do it!

i personally like the bandeau, since i'm a big busted girl, i'd never be able to wear that without some support. all the tape, cups, and whatever else you want to put under that dress wouldn't make me feel very comfortable.

whenever you are the "bigger" girl, even if you aren't big, you feel like you stick out if your dress is modified and no one else's is. so make sure either all of the dresses have a different "touch" to them, or none of them, because no one wants to stand out as the one who didn't fit in the dress.

ETA: i bring this up because i was in a friend's wedding where every bridesmaid had no chest. then here i come with my DD's. the dresses were so low cut that no matter what, people were looking at the girls. i didn't want her pictures to show off the girls!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:48:47 PM
Author: zipzapgirl
I love the dresses! I looked at them myself because they are so versatile. The girls can choose their look/cut and they can be used again (depending on the color) for a cocktail dress.

If you go to the website there are lots of real wedding pictures and I don''t see the problem with larger cup sizes or nipple peek throughs you guys were worried about. Go to Lovely Days in the top right corner

http://twobirdsbridesmaid.com/

I also think it could be possible to use those sticky bras or versatile strapless bras with the adjust-29-ways straps. Or the backless bras from the waist. Or using a combo of duct and athletic tape a la beauty pageants
3.gif
These fears have been around for a long time ladies!
I''m going to go buy some different bra options and see what works and what doesn''t. I will check out the real weddings section of the website, as well! Thanks for the help, zipzapgirl! I just don''t want my bridesmaids to be uncomfortable, ya know? Hopefully I will find a solution that makes these dresses a reality!

Thanks again, ladies!

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 2:53:29 PM
Author: charbie
those dresses are gorgeous. if your girls can pull them off, do it!

i personally like the bandeau, since i''m a big busted girl, i''d never be able to wear that without some support. all the tape, cups, and whatever else you want to put under that dress wouldn''t make me feel very comfortable.

whenever you are the ''bigger'' girl, even if you aren''t big, you feel like you stick out if your dress is modified and no one else''s is. so make sure either all of the dresses have a different ''touch'' to them, or none of them, because no one wants to stand out as the one who didn''t fit in the dress.

ETA: i bring this up because i was in a friend''s wedding where every bridesmaid had no chest. then here i come with my DD''s. the dresses were so low cut that no matter what, people were looking at the girls. i didn''t want her pictures to show off the girls!
I agree, I have about 3 girls that have large chests, and one that is in the middle. The others are on the smaller side, so maybe half would want to wear the bandeau and the others wouldn''t. That way it doesn''t look like one person is singled out.

Charbie, I''ve been in your shoes before (kind of). My sister picked out very low cute BM dresses. There were three bridesmaids, and the other two were very small chested. I''m a full C, and my tata''s stuck out like sore thumbs! Not the most comfortable! Although, after my fourth or fifth drink at the reception, I started to care less and less! Hhahaha!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely dresses! I want one so bad now!

Question (off topic)--is that a Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup in your avatar?

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 3:27:56 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Lovely dresses! I want one so bad now!

Question (off topic)--is that a Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup in your avatar?

Yes!!! That''s my baby, Penny! She''s the best! Thanks for noticing!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have any more pics? She''s a cutie! How old is she?

My Corgi Judge passed away in Feb at 15 and a half and I miss him so much. They are wonderful brilliant pups.

KirbyCarolina

Rough_Rock
This is one of my favorites!

Penelope.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results