shape
carat
color
clarity

Two VS2 diamonds: How much can they differ?

Tindall

Rough_Rock
I've finalized these two following WF diamonds for an engagement ring to propose to my girlfriend next month. They are both ideal cut, H, VS2, and very close in carat weight. However, there is a 4% difference in price.

1.32 H VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2962076.htm

1.34 H VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2680535.htm

I cannot see much difference in the magnified image, except that the table is bigger on one. I don't think I see much of any difference in the ASET or Idea Scope images, though then again I have no idea what I should be looking for.

I will be talking to a WF rep within a day or two to finalize which one to get, who will be giving me her opinion on which one is "better." But I would also really really appreciate it if you could look at the above two diamonds and give me your opinions or advice.

Thank you!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am by no means an expert but I'd suspect its the difference in inclusions. The type and amount of inclusions, I believe, can help set price even within the same clarity grade.....I think

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, I don't think that would be the case (not with VS anyway). It more likely has to do with when they got the stones in. The one that costs less has a two year old lab report. It is possible that it has been traded in, but I would not let that be a concern. I honestly would ask them to have one of their gemologists to pull the two stones and compare them and tell you which one they think is best. Both are ideal cut, so really, you cannot go wrong.

Tindall

Rough_Rock
Is it possible that there are inclusions which are more visible on one stone, even if both are VS2? I think I may have seen some VS2 stones online where you could spot the inclusions just from a magnified image, but I am only going from memory, so I'm not really sure...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results