shape
carat
color
clarity

two-tone LOGR legacy w/amethyst...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here she is! this place really made me want to try a LOGR! i was especially inspired by all of the positive and gorgeous outcomes that laurenthepartier had, your rings are gorgeous!

my er is a legacy inspired design so i wanted to try and make this ring look different enough that people wouldn''t think i got the same setting twice. my amethyst comes from fine water gems who i can''t recommend enough. the stone is dark but the flashes of color that come from it in the light are amazing! i think the stone is around 1.5cts...

the setting is the LOGR legacy done in white and rose gold for the halo. i did not upgrade the melee and i am happy with it for what i paid. i did have some trouble having my stone set. it didn''t come out perfect but i only meant this ring for occasions and not for everyday so i''m not to worried about it. ok here she is...

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

original.aspx

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW what a beauty! I was wondering about this ring in your other thread - it''s stunning!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that is just absolutely stunning and I want a rose gold head and white gold shank legacy LOGR now!!! One of the most beautiful rings I've seen. You have such amazing taste!

You SHOULD wear that everyday!! It's a stunner!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I just love the rose gold head on that setting! Lovely!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the amethyst set in rose gold!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your amethyst looks AWESOME in the rose gold! Very pretty!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
That is amazing. I am really impressed with the WG &RG setting. You must be happy!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lovely - that rose gold is TDF - totally wouldn''t have thought of it with the amethyst, but it looks stunning together
30.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so pretty with the amethyst! Just another bauble to add to your beautiful collection!!
36.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Love the two-tone, it makes it very unique! Nice job!
36.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! I''ve always loved that white gold/rose gold combination.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks guys! i went with the combo because i really love rose gold but not so much when a whole ring is made from it, i need that two-tone. i used to own another ring that was all rose gold and i ended up trading it in for my sapphire ring. if anyone thinks they may like it, i say go for it!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! The color looks beautiful!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful amethyst!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Very pretty!
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Love the rose gold! Very fun!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nicely done!

cheers--Sharon

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! Soooo pretty!!!!

So when you get a setting from LOGR, do you then have your local jeweler set the stone in it? What is the average cost of that?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2009 2:11:05 PM
Author: karend26
Wow!!! Soooo pretty!!!!

So when you get a setting from LOGR, do you then have your local jeweler set the stone in it? What is the average cost of that?
It depends on the jeweler. My jeweler charges $35 to set a stone that they don''t have to do any modifications on or anything special to. However, if it''s white gold, it may cost more, or if it''s rose gold. My jeweler gives me a slight discount, and charges most people $50 to set a stone without any major modifications.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Assherhalo_lover, do you mind if I ask how much they charged you to do the entire rose gold section? I just won a smaller LOGR setting auction, and asked for rose gold prongs. I am planning to set a spinel that tends to be steely blue in natural light, and a pretty lavender at night. I''m wondering if just the prongs in rose gold will be enough to set off the lavender color. I''m worried that the blue will go dull without the rose all the way around in the halo.

thanks!

Clem

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for the compliments ladies!

Date: 1/23/2009 5:08:35 PM
Author: clementine
Assherhalo_lover, do you mind if I ask how much they charged you to do the entire rose gold section? I just won a smaller LOGR setting auction, and asked for rose gold prongs. I am planning to set a spinel that tends to be steely blue in natural light, and a pretty lavender at night. I''m wondering if just the prongs in rose gold will be enough to set off the lavender color. I''m worried that the blue will go dull without the rose all the way around in the halo.

thanks!

Clem

it was an extra $50 for the two tone gold, well worth it IHMO!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how pretty!! Love the rose gold!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this? I never would have put rose gold and amethyst together, but it really brings out the color in the stone. It''s stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results