shape
carat
color
clarity

Two reviews - Ivy & Rose, and QCustomJewelry (Etsy)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't have anything big or grand done, but I did have a recent diamond reset with Ivy & Rose. Sara and Jeff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and I think they did a wonderful job. My W-X diamond was in a setting with side baguettes previously. I like the setting but it was just high enough that I kept bumping the ring into things. It was also bulkier and heavier than the very simple, thin, and light solitaires that I have come to like best. They had a stock setting, but modifications needed to be made to fit my diamond. This will be picture heavy so I'll break it into at least 2 posts. I apologize for the picture in advance, lol. They may be too big, they're definitely blurry and off center.

Second, I've recently purchase some little bands from QCustomJewelry on Etsy, and I think he does a wonderful job also. One of them has a chocolate diamond in the center, a black diamond on either side of the chocolate, and champagne diamonds on the outsides. Trying to incorporate the colors of most of my pets over the years that have passed.

First, the before pictures. And again, I apologize for the poor quality. They also look very golden under my office lights. W-X.jpg old side.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The bands are pretty! I love the reset. It really looks lovely and you can wear it knowing you won’t keep knocking it on its head! Your idea of matching stones to your beloved pets is such a nice idea.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love both the shops and have personally purchased from both as well. They look fantastic on your hand!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
The bands are pretty! I love the reset. It really looks lovely and you can wear it knowing you won’t keep knocking it on its head! Your idea of matching stones to your beloved pets is such a nice idea.

Yeah, it's just a few mm's but it's made all the difference in the world. I love looking at everyone's much more ornate settings, but I would never wear them, oddly enough. The most I'm comfortable wearing is a couple of rings that have a few diamonds in the shanks. And they are the first one's off my fingers when I get home. I guess I just like very little weigh & bulk.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I love both the shops and have personally purchased from both as well. They look fantastic on your hand!

Thanks. I never thought I'd spend more for a setting than a diamond, but the diamond was under $400, so pretty hard not to. ;-)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! I love how low the setting is!

Your stacking bands are really nice too!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! I love how low the setting is!

Your stacking bands are really nice too!

Thanks. The culet is just a couple hairs above the bottom, so perfect 'lowness' for me.

(And lest anyone think this is a horrible diamond from the cost, lol, it's a GIA XXX (which of course doesn't mean everything), I didn't have an ASET but it got 1.8 on the HCA. It has a good sized feather, graded I1, but I can't see it without magnification. Sara also said she couldn't see it without magnification, but she could have just been being polite =)2)

hardcoresoftie

Rough_Rock
Purchased a 14k rose gold band with diamonds about a year ago and the ring simply just broke in half while on my wife's hand losing diamonds. I messaged qcustomjewelry and she told me it's out of warranty and to send a picture to see how much she would charge to fix it.. Beware of the jewelry here, and read about the warranty because I didn't and now have a junk ring that obviously was NOT quality.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Demon -

Does this solitaire ring have a thread? It's utterly delightful! Can you share its size pls? Ctw and mm?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
@Demon -

Does this solitaire ring have a thread? It's utterly delightful! Can you share its size pls? Ctw and mm?

I must apologize! I never saw your response until this thread was updated. There's no thread as I recall, but its 71 pts, something like 5.89 mm. I'm still in love with the setting, if you still care, lol. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must apologize! I never saw your response until this thread was updated. There's no thread as I recall, but its 71 pts, something like 5.89 mm. I'm still in love with the setting, if you still care, lol. :)

Hi @Demon - thank you! Yes - definitely still interested, given that I only asked my question last Thursday! I love that size stone - it's just so elegant. :))

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Demon - thank you! Yes - definitely still interested, given that I only asked my question last Thursday! I love that size stone - it's just so elegant. :))

Lol. I had logged in for just a minute and saw these 'alerts'. Didn't realize yours was just Thursday - I only noted the date on my last post and thought OMG! I love the size too - not too big. And yet surprisingly 'flashy'.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results