shape
carat
color
clarity

Two Questions: USA Certed & AVC/AVR

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey everybody! I have two questions if anyone would be so kind to chime in.

1) USA Certed comes up a lot when I search loose diamonds here on the forum. But when I click on a diamond that I'm interested in, there's just a contact us form. Has anyone purchased from them before? How is their service? Is their inventory fairly up to fate? Can I be confident that what I buy is what I would actually receive?

2) The AVC and AVR lines from GOG, are they worth the extra cost? I know they cost more because of being such a special cut, but they are so much more $ than buying a "normal" cut. In your opinion are they worth the extra money?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in Canada? Because I think USA Certed is in Canada. We very rarely see anyone buy stones there. If you are in the US, I'd look at US based vendors such as Blue Nile, James Allen, B2C Jewels, Enchanted Diamonds if you are looking for vendors who list a lot of stones and are lowest priced.

AVCs and AVRs are worth the extra if you really love them. They would not be worth it if a person loved a modern round brilliant just as much. I think it also has to do with the setting style someone likes. These stones can go in any kind of setting, but when someone loves antique style settings, I think AV stones go best in them over a modern cut stone.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you DS! I'm in the U.S. I was just searching for OEC's and most searches are coming back with "USAcerted" stones.
I've always loved the AVC/AVR line of diamonds, so I'm leaning more that way vs. an OEC, I was just curious what others thought.
I guess a better question would be if anyone regretted going from an OEC to an AVR/AVC.

I currently have an OEC, but I've listed it for sale to upgrade to either a larger OEC or an AVR or AVC.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results