carat
color
clarity

Two Great Pieces from JKT - Amethyst Ring and Matching Necklace

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hey PS!

I have been away for a while finishing law school and moving back to California from New York. Now, I''m back and ready to start studying for the bar. But I wanted to make sure to give a review and pictures of my new JKT pieces.

I have been working with JKT for about five months (I had to wait for her to finish some projects before we started on my ring). For Christmas, my fiance got me a lovely 3.5 carat lavender amethyst from Elaine Songer. I knew when I got it that I wanted a large JKT RHR. I sent the stone to her a while ago and posted a thread on the ring with the sketch, which can be seen here.

I went with the flowery design, and I am very happy with the choice.

Before I post a bunch of pictures, I wanted to provide my perspective on working with JKT. She is amazing to work with and very professional. Early in the process, Julia accidentally dropped my stone and chipped the bottom. In order to fix the problem, she quickly talked to the cutter of the stone and got another five or so amethysts cut in order to find one that worked well. She really went above and beyond to try to make sure that the project could still be salvaged. This was my first jewelry project and the first time something like this has happened to me, and I think that Julia showed me the way a true professional handles a tough situation.

We couldn''t get a replacement stone that was the same color as the original, so Julia said she would make the original stone into a necklace and then use the new, darker stone in the ring. It was a great compromise, and she was very persistent in finding me a stone that was of good enough color and quality. I was a little picky about it, but we were able to find a good stone and then Julia got right to work and finished the ring and necklace in less than 2 weeks.

She sent me the pieces today, and they should be arriving tomorrow! I''m so excited! Ok, without any further ado...

The pictures are the ones from Julia. I will post new pictures taken myself tomorrow once the ring and necklace arrive.

finalring3.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

finalring5.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

finalring1.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

finalring4.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The new amethyst is 4 carats, so the band had to be a little thicker in order to balance the heavier stone. Julia said it is large, but still elegant looking. I''m exciting to see it on my hand, of course!

And now for a few pictures of the necklace with the original lavender stone.

necklacefront.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is simply a STUNNER!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
And one more of the back of the necklace...

necklaceback.jpeg

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow the details on the pieces are amazing.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing detail on both!!!

30.gif

-A

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love JKT!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Splendid ring and necklace, we need some hand and neck shots please!

Julia takes her work beyond seriously, she would never be laissez faire about something like damage to a stone although as pretty much most PSers know, stuff happens and stones get damaged and everyone involved needs to "man" or "woman up" as the case may be and get it worked out.

Leave it to Julia to go to the considerable trouble, effort and cost that she did for a client.

When I first met with Julia, I asked her about damage to stones. She will readily discuss this. Its the second question I ask every jeweler I am considering and the initial microresponse that you see or hear is pretty revealing.

Congrats on one lovely, lovely set.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, the ring in my avatar is a JKT from last year and we share the same band in common, isn''t it pretty? My doctor thought it was a platinum setting
31.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are amazing!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif

Lori

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
very well done! congrats!

mz

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!!!! I love the detail!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Julia always does amazing work.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful pieces!

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks, everyone! The pieces should be here before noon PST...so I will be back with pictures hopefully in a little while!

36.gif

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/26/2010 9:10:28 PM
Author: StonieGrl
BTW, the ring in my avatar is a JKT from last year and we share the same band in common, isn''t it pretty? My doctor thought it was a platinum setting
31.gif

Hey StonieGrl,

I''m glad we share the same band! I think your ring is really cool...I missed it when you first posted it and just went back and checked it out.

Also, thanks for your thoughts on the damaged stone.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see more pictures! Gorgeous
36.gif

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yeah!!!! The pieces arrived, and they are so beautiful! I ordered the wrong size for my ring, so it only fits on my left hand (silly me). But they are so lovely.

Pictures coming now....

JKTboxes.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

JKThandshot.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

JKTprofile.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

JKTribbonshot.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

JKTringprofile.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

JKTringfromabove.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
And some of the necklace...so pretty and delicate.

JKTnecklace1.jpg

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade

JKTnecklace2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results