shape
carat
color
clarity

Two for me

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, in keeping with our [hubby and myself] tradition re buying a holiday present and then letting the other one know what it is that person got us, i have purchased the following. once it arrives i'll tell hubby how pleased i am with my holiday gift that he got me!

these will be earrings but will be able to come off and be used as a pendant, too.

Specimen:
South Sea Cultured Pearl.
Shape:
Fancy drop.
Size:
*15.3mm in length x 12.2mm in diameter &
*15.5mm in length x 12.3mm in diameter.
Luster:
Very High Mirror Like Luster.
Nacre:
Deep Thicker NACRE.
Surface:
Overall Very Smooth & Clean (see images for detail).
Main Color:
shining White.
Pearl Origin:
Australia.

certainly not as gorgeous as the $2200 south sea pearl i saw at kalis in perth but satisfies my desire for the moment. i've been notified that they have shipped and might actually have them for december 25.

MoZo

18k yg pendant or earrings.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Be still my heart. Where did you find those yummy pearls? You are going to have a very nice Christmas :mrgreen:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
eBay by way of Pearl Society.

i bought some earrings a couple of years ago that i rarely wear. don't know what to call them but the three links [yellow, white, and red gold] that hands from them can be removed so that they can be arranged as a group, reversed in order, etc. in other words, the dangly bits come completely off to be rearranged or even allow the thingy in the ear to be worn by itself. not really a "jacket"..... i plan to wear these on those w/o the chain links.

which also means if traveling i could take both the link chains and the pearls with me and be able to tradeoff as the occassion would warrant. i also think i could buy an enhancer and wear them on my gold chain.

seemed versatile to me.....i hope so.

MoZo

ps i've picked up a few loose pearls from Pearl Society over the past year. sort of "learner" pearls to develop my eye and learn a bit. these met my criteria that i developed as a result. i have no illusions that they would compare with really really fine pearls but for my use they'll more than be satisfactory.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wow, how clever, MoZo! :appl:

I never would have thought of that, what a great idea; dangles that you can use on earrings or as a pendent! You can slip them over some huggy hoops or hang them on a chain. Very cool!

These have some really nice luster, too! :love:

I'm looking for white dangle pearls for earrings too, because nothing beats a white earring for contrast against your hair. They show up well in the shadows under your ears, and add a little motion to everything you do.

I think you'll really enjoy those, Mozo, and I think the shape makes them more interesting than plain rounds.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely MoZo. iee them as earrings more easily than the pendant but only because I worry they could scratch each other. Maybe there is sonething you can use as a spacer between them?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Super cool! Great gift for yourself!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They're adorable, looks like two snowmen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results