shape
carat
color
clarity

Two diamonds

P

Petalouda

Hello PSers!

will there be a visible difference in the size of these two diamonds? One is a Canera H & A and the other is aTiffany. I’m leaning towards Canera for several reasons. My husband is undecided. We aren’t local to LA and the only viewing we have of the diamond is on the website (we have it on reserve right now) as Victor told my husband the diamond is in the vault and they won’t do a virtual viewing. So we would be buying it based on the 360 view on his website. And my husband loves the classic Tiffany setting on my hand. However if we went with Tiffanys we would have to trade in my original E-ring and being able to keep it is very appealing to us.

I was also able to try on the 2.21 stone yesterday and included photos 2A2B4233-4E37-4942-9FA6-FC72BF206F24.jpeg D7BF65E0-20E6-446E-83B7-ED5A6B65CF1A.jpeg B5E21A6B-78F1-48EB-A86B-94DB17D7EDC6.png 36D38829-FDAB-45F4-86EB-6B8910587D9B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt there will be much size difference between these two. I’d go for the Canera; super ideal cut and a better colour, and I’d imagine, much less expensive! Plus VC can surely make you a similar setting if you want.

P

Petalouda

I doubt there will be much size difference between these two. I’d go for the Canera; super ideal cut and a better colour, and I’d imagine, much less expensive! Plus VC can surely make you a similar setting if you want.

Thank you! The out of pocket cost would pretty much be the same ( Tiffany a little less Out of pocket but then I’ll also be one less ring). :twirl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the VC due to cut and higher color. I think the size difference probably would not be noticeable. Keep your
original. Win, win!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the VC due to cut and higher color. I think the size difference probably would not be noticeable. Keep your
original. Win, win!

This 100%

2 rings > 1 ring, so def go for the Canera! The cut and color are a sweet bonus, too ;)2

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
interesting. why the diamond is in vault but can't do a viewing? is the vault buried 200 feet underground? can he take photos and videos of the diamond to help you assess then? for such big purchases i would like to see it with my eyes before commit. i would imagine any customer-oriented businesses should be able to accommodate that. my vendor did it for me at least and sent a ton of photos and videos per my request to be sure im happy with my purchase before commit.

but just me though. size difference is probably not noticeable between the two.

Last edited:
P

Petalouda

interesting. why the diamond is in vault but can't do a viewing? is the vault buried 200 feet underground? can he take photos and videos of the diamond to help you assess then? for such big purchases i would like to see it with my eyes before commit. i would imagine any customer-oriented businesses should be able to accommodate that. my vendor did it for me at least and sent a ton of photos and videos per my request to be sure im happy with my purchase before commit.

but just me though. size difference is probably not noticeable between the two.

he does have a nice 3D video of the diamond on his website and pointed my husband back to the video. I’m not sure if this link works:

My husband would of liked to see the stone in real time virtually. We went ahead and decided to go with VC based on the rave reviews about his diamonds and workmanship here on pricescope.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous! Please let us see it when it comes.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
That size looks great on you? For reference, what ring size are you?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
It was a beautiful diamond. Size 6.

Thank you! I like the size of your 1.37 on you as well so was asking for reference. I have a 1.29 I'm thinking of resetting and a size 5.25. Might be similar proportions. I'm dreaming of a 2ct as well though. Can wait to see your new stone!

P

Petalouda

Thank you! I like the size of your 1.37 on you as well so was asking for reference. I have a 1.29 I'm thinking of resetting and a size 5.25. Might be similar proportions. I'm dreaming of a 2ct as well though. Can wait to see your new stone!

I looked through your threads and saw the setting you are considering - it’s GORGEOUS! It most likely is similar proportions. I find the 1.37 is still a good size on me and I’m not sure my husband believes me when I say I still plan on wearing it at times after I receive the new ring. I really love my original ring and think she’s a classic beauty. The new ring will be a cathedral solitaire with four prongs and I look forward to switching out the two styles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results