shape
carat
color
clarity

Twisted Turn of Events

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Glad everything is working out for you.

It seems you have found a very good jeweler to work with. From your last post, it sounds like he is giving you the facts about platinum vs. white gold, as well as his own opinion. He is willing to make the ring the way you want, but also wants to make sure you are considering all your options.

I''d say that your best find through this process is a jeweler that you can build a long relationship with.

VetteGuy

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:17:45 AM
Author: jet2ks
Glad everything is working out for you.

It seems you have found a very good jeweler to work with. From your last post, it sounds like he is giving you the facts about platinum vs. white gold, as well as his own opinion. He is willing to make the ring the way you want, but also wants to make sure you are considering all your options.

I'd say that your best find through this process is a jeweler that you can build a long relationship with.

I agree 100%, i was very happy that he wasn't pushing me towards the more expensive material, gave me his opinion, but then said if you want platinum, i can do that.. i also liked that when i asked him about the settings novo vs legacy, he gave me his opinion and still said whatever you want.. with the diamond, he showed me 10 diamonds and never pressured me to one or another which was kinda bad because it took me 4hrs to pick a stone. my dad was right, he really is a fair guy, i just wish when his daughter showed up at the store she had her ring on..
38.gif
after reading up on white gold and platinum Im leaning towards the platinum..

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:44:29 AM
Author: VetteGuy
thanks again every...

With regards to the setting, i asked my jeweler about doing it in platinum and he said he can do it but he recommended white gold, he said thats what he did his daughters setting in (which he''ll bring in for me next weekend).. He actually made her the same setting as the one Im getting, with a very similar diamond and he said he loves it.. he also showed me a tiffany legacy style setting which he did b.c his client wanted it but he said, stay simple, your gf is a small girl (size 4 ring, 5''2'' and about 100lbs), a ring like the legacy will be huge on her..

My first E-ring was platinum and the scratches drove me nuts. My new setting was made in white gold and I love it. Much lighter on the finger and after 4 yrs the gold still looks great

he said platinum looks very similar, is stronger, wears very similar, is more expensive (said 600 more on the dinovo setting) but after a year will look a little more dull than platinum.. He told me what he suggested white gold but he''ll make whatever i want..

whaat do you all think? do girls want to be able to say its platinum?

thanks again,

john

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
my first e-ring was platinum and I hated it. My new setting was made in white gold and I love it. Lighter on my finger and looks great after 4 yrs. I may be in the minority but platinum and its scratches drives me NUTS

VetteGuy

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:55:53 AM
Author: atroop711
my first e-ring was platinum and I hated it. My new setting was made in white gold and I love it. Lighter on my finger and looks great after 4 yrs. I may be in the minority but platinum and its scratches drives me NUTS

There are times when I want to pickup the phone and just ask my gf, but im trying to keep this a surprise.. I sent an email to her friends asking them what they think.. They''re all about the same size... Ill let everyone know what I decide on.. Thanks again..

VetteGuy

Rough_Rock
spoke with her friends, they''re both absolutely ecstatic.. they also said go with the platinum, so there is my answer..

great news, a friend of hers sent her an article about the World''s Priciest Engagement Rings http://abcnews.go.com/Business/popup?id=4239795 which she in turn forwarded to me.. I looked through it and sure enough the novo ring was in there.. I told her out of all of them I like the novo the most and she responded with "yes! i liked that one too!!" so it looks like I made the right decision with the setting..
9.gif
9.gif
a ton of bricks just got lifted off my shoulders, sooooo happy..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 4:37:21 PM
spoke with her friends, they''re both absolutely ecstatic.. they also said go with the platinum, so there is my answer..

great news, a friend of hers sent her an article about the World''s Priciest Engagement Rings http://abcnews.go.com/Business/popup?id=4239795 which she in turn forwarded to me.. I looked through it and sure enough the novo ring was in there.. I told her out of all of them I like the novo the most and she responded with ''yes! i liked that one too!!'' so it looks like I made the right decision with the setting..
9.gif
9.gif
a ton of bricks just got lifted off my shoulders, sooooo happy..
YAY!!!!
36.gif

VetteGuy

Rough_Rock
well, an email to union diamonds confirmed they had the twisted diamond back in their possession. I could have saved a lot of money and got it from them, but Im much happier with the diamond I got..

I went back to my jeweler about a week and a half ago to drop off a check and to see his daughters ring... We''re going to do a slightly different setting that when his daughter got.. I sent him some pictures last week and we seem to be on the same page.. Should have it next week... Sooooo excited..
9.gif
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 5:54:04 PM
well, an email to union diamonds confirmed they had the twisted diamond back in their possession. I could have saved a lot of money and got it from them, but Im much happier with the diamond I got..

I went back to my jeweler about a week and a half ago to drop off a check and to see his daughters ring... We''re going to do a slightly different setting that when his daughter got.. I sent him some pictures last week and we seem to be on the same page.. Should have it next week... Sooooo excited..
9.gif
9.gif

congrats! Can''t wait to see pics!

VetteGuy

Rough_Rock
well, I went to pick it up on Friday... Absolutely love it.. Unfortunately I can''t figure out how to post the URL... Everytime I try to post the link I get an error message saying

Error Message
Unspecified error. Please report this error to the webmaster of this board. Thank you.

If you want more information about this error or would like to report this error to the administrator of this bulletin board, please contact the webmaster of this web site. We appologize for any inconvenience this might''ve caused you.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 11:54:35 AM
well, I went to pick it up on Friday... Absolutely love it.. Unfortunately I can''t figure out how to post the URL... Everytime I try to post the link I get an error message saying

Error Message
Unspecified error. Please report this error to the webmaster of this board. Thank you.

If you want more information about this error or would like to report this error to the administrator of this bulletin board, please contact the webmaster of this web site. We appologize for any inconvenience this might''ve caused you.
Make sure to rename the file something unique and don''t use any unusual characters in the filename. Also make sure the pics are the right size to post, if you have further difficulty then email the images to admin who will post them for you.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Vetteguy,

Make sure the contact email we have on file in your personal profile is correct.

If you ever have any problems or questions, you should use the "Report Concern" button under the posted message to contact us.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:45:34 PM
Author: HollyS
Don''t buy it. That''s what you do. And tell him why.

I agree. What a &%*#&#@#%!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:55:53 AM
Author: atroop711

Very much agreed. You''re not alone, atroop. and I''m glad I''m not either!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results