shape
carat
color
clarity

Twin Peaks: New Season!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I agree westjenn, I'm glad this episode moved the story line along. I'm not sure about how I feel about Laura Dern as Diane...I guess I pictured Diane being different, not so tough and rough. Sounds like something happened between her and Cooper at some point that she's resentful about. I love that David Lynch is featured so much in the show, I get such a kick out of his character.

Thanks for the heads-up about the q and a, I'm sorry I missed it!

I've been wondering if she's so "rough" like that bc she was really traumatized after everything with Cooper? I have no idea but have to wonder if events after his disappearance have contributed. I get the feeling she was always "a character" though.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I agree westjenn, I'm glad this episode moved the story line along. I'm not sure about how I feel about Laura Dern as Diane...I guess I pictured Diane being different, not so tough and rough. Sounds like something happened between her and Cooper at some point that she's resentful about. I love that David Lynch is featured so much in the show, I get such a kick out of his character.

Thanks for the heads-up about the q and a, I'm sorry I missed it!
I agree 100%! I think Laura Dern is so talented. A great actress but I also didn't picture Diane having such a a STRONG personality ;-)

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I did watch it. It was definitely a more traditional episode, which I was happy to see, as I think it balances things out from epi 8. That being said, I look forward to more epis in the style of 8, as I do enjoy them too. Last nights epi moved us forward, yet epi 8 is the one that will stand out in my long term memory...

I find Laura Dern's Diane very curious. She is not what I expected but I enjoy the character. I would love to see her and Cooper together (hopefully after he is cognizant!) just to get a better gauge of how they actually relate to each other in person. Curious about the text she got, it was from Evil Coop, right?
Yes, the text I thought came from Evil Coop too. Totally agree with you about the style of episode 8 and last week's episode. I also appreciate both. I have to add, I laughed out loud during the scene with Andy & Lucy and the couch :lol:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yes, the text I thought came from Evil Coop too. Totally agree with you about the style of episode 8 and last week's episode. I also appreciate both. I have to add, I laughed out loud during the scene with Andy & Lucy and the couch :lol:

Lol yes I also loved the Andy/Lucy chair scene. I was wondering: was she so happy because she was making Andy happy by choosing the red chair, or was she happy because she manipulated him and she secretly wanted the red chair all along?!? :-o

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Guys- did you watch last night? I didn't get a chance to, but I will this evening. I hope it was a good one! ;-)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched it! Come back after you see it and we can discuss lol!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lol yeah I watched it too :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Last night's episode was so much payoff, FINALLY!!! I enjoyed it so much, I was literally laughing with delight throughout.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it was awesome! :appl:

*Spoiler Alert*

SO excited to have Dale back!!! Gave me goosebumps! He's better than ever - "I AM the FBI" lol. I wish he had woken up sooner though. Wondering where the real Diane is, back in Twin Peaks somewhere? And the story line of Audrey is intriguing, seems like Charlie is some kind of keeper or body guard. Can't wait for the next episode!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Oh it was awesome! :appl:

*Spoiler Alert*

SO excited to have Dale back!!! Gave me goosebumps! He's better than ever - "I AM the FBI" lol. I wish he had woken up sooner though. Wondering where the real Diane is, back in Twin Peaks somewhere? And the story line of Audrey is intriguing, seems like Charlie is some kind of keeper or body guard. Can't wait for the next episode!

Yes it was a very moving episode for me - I was overwhelmed with positive feelings of hope and safety, which of course are stemming directly from the awakening of Dale, yay!! And not just that he's awake, it's that he has awoken at "100%" - strikingly competent, calm but determined, creating the impression that while things are bad, he knows exactly what has happened and even better, just what to do about it. It was thrilling! I have to admit, I went back and watched that epi again - something I rarely do.

I'm so excited for this week - you know it's the last epi, right? (They're showing the last two hours, like they did the first week).

MORE SPOILERS

I hope we get some serious Audrey info. (The prevailing theory I've seen about Charlie is that he's her psychiatrist - hopefully we shall see). As for Diane, I was assuming that the "real Diane" was imprisoned in one of the Lodges?

The scene where Coop woke up and asked the one armed man to "make another seed" - do you think he is trying to get another "Dougie" made for Sonny Jim and Jayne E? That was my first thought - esp when he promised them he would come back.

(LOVED the scenes with Dale and his "family", and the Mitchum Brothers).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SPOILERS

Oh I agree, not only is Dale back but he's better than ever and completely in charge of the situation - everything's going to be ok now lol. That is an interesting theory about Charlie being Audrey's psychiatrist - that would explain her waking up in a white room; maybe she was hypnotized or something. I thought Diane said something about being in the sheriff's office before she was shot. It makes sense that Dale might be having another Dougie made.

I feel like there are a lot of loose ends that haven't really been explained, and considering the slow pace of the show I guess some things won't be resolved or answered. Can't believe only one episode left, fingers crossed it's a satisfying one!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
SPOILERS

Oh I agree, not only is Dale back but he's better than ever and completely in charge of the situation - everything's going to be ok now lol. That is an interesting theory about Charlie being Audrey's psychiatrist - that would explain her waking up in a white room; maybe she was hypnotized or something. I thought Diane said something about being in the sheriff's office before she was shot. It makes sense that Dale might be having another Dougie made.

I feel like there are a lot of loose ends that haven't really been explained, and considering the slow pace of the show I guess some things won't be resolved or answered. Can't believe only one episode left, fingers crossed it's a satisfying one!

I'm hoping for as many explanations as we can get in the last epi, but I'm trying to prepare myself with the thought that we won't get *everything*, lol.

Overall it has been a pleasure. I've enjoyed this entire season so much! I will check back in here after I watch the finale on Sunday.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I'm hoping for as many explanations as we can get in the last epi, but I'm trying to prepare myself with the thought that we won't get *everything*, lol.

Overall it has been a pleasure. I've enjoyed this entire season so much! I will check back in here after I watch the finale on Sunday.
Guys- I've been away but am back now! I need to go back and read your posts about the past X number of episodes!! Did everyone watch the finale on Sunday?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Guys- I've been away but am back now! I need to go back and read your posts about the past X number of episodes!! Did everyone watch the finale on Sunday?

Oh yeah, I watched it. I'm still coming to terms with it, lol. Not going to lie, I was feeling pretty devastated after the ending.

In an attempt at clarity, I've read a handful of discussions/recaps online, and I think I have as good of a handle on it as I can get without rewatching (which I'll likely do at some point). I found it brilliant, frustrating, wonderful, saddening and maddening all at once.

And I'm so sad that's it's all over.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, I watched it. I'm still coming to terms with it, lol. Not going to lie, I was feeling pretty devastated after the ending.

In an attempt at clarity, I've read a handful of discussions/recaps online, and I think I have as good of a handle on it as I can get without rewatching (which I'll likely do at some point). I found it brilliant, frustrating, wonderful, saddening and maddening all at once.

And I'm so sad that's it's all over.

I am with you 100%!! I was like "No way.. this cannot be the ending.." I kept checking how much time was left in the episode because I was so on edge! I've also done some reading online & listened to the "Damn Fine Podcast" and can completely respect the ending.. Here are a few questions/discussion points I have. Feel free to answer/discuss if you'd like :)
1. On a scale of 1-10 how disappointed are you that we never got resolution on Audrey's storyline? Where was she? Was her entire storyline (or lack thereof) a dream sequence?
2. Thank goodness there was a nice ending for Ed & Norma! That scene was really wonderful and I am so glad.
3. Technical question: How was the scene in the forest filmed? Present day Dale Cooper leading younger/past Laura Palmer through the forest.. Help me with this one!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God I love twin peaks.

Westjenn I believe that was an actor playing young Laura Palmer that wasn't actually LP 25 years ago.

I have many feels about this season that I should have started sharing on this thread a while ago now it's too late to go through it all. I wish I knew wtf is up with Audry. Diane is amazing always, and good Coop finally coming back was such a build up that when it happened I was overjoyed. I was glad the season was so Albert and Gordon heavy as they were quite a joy to watch on screen. I miss tp already :(

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
God I love twin peaks.

Westjenn I believe that was an actor playing young Laura Palmer that wasn't actually LP 25 years ago.

I have many feels about this season that I should have started sharing on this thread a while ago now it's too late to go through it all. I wish I knew wtf is up with Audry. Diane is amazing always, and good Coop finally coming back was such a build up that when it happened I was overjoyed. I was glad the season was so Albert and Gordon heavy as they were quite a joy to watch on screen. I miss tp already :(
Ahhhh ok- I will need to go rewatch that scene with them in the forest again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results