shape
carat
color
clarity

Twin Peaks: New Season!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, who's watching the new season of Twin Peaks? If yes, are you caught up to the current epsiode? I'd love to hear your likes/dislikes, thoughts of new characters, old characters.. All of it!
I hesitate to say too much in fear of spoilers! But here are things that are on my mind regarding the current season: I want to know when Audrey will show up, I'm unhappy that Sheriff Truman's only appearance has been via phone and I feel like this season is moving so slooooooowly- but it is keeping my interest so far.
Just the right amount of weird as in past seasons. One thing I am not a fan of: the gory stuff and violence (although it's few and far between).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS and I are major Twin Peaks fans! I actually didn't watch it back in the day - my then teenage son got me into it (he's 25 now and a big David Lynch fan) and I watched both seasons. We're both loving the new episodes - although every episode seems to raise more questions - it's hard to imagine eventually wrapping up all the different story lines. It's weird and strange and quirky, which is what I love about the show. We're anxiously awaiting Audrey's appearance too. I was SO disappointed to find out Harry wasn't going to be in the new shows :(- I love Harry! Apparently he's retired from acting and they just couldn't entice him back, boo.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll see it when it comes to Netflix, which now only streams seasons 1 and 2.
Love Angelo Badalamenti's music.
Lynch has created so many interesting characters.
The look of everything, sets, lighting, costumes, makeup, hair, etc. is riveting.

Love this moment in the opening credits when the saw blade is being sharpened.
Very creative people working on this series!

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 11.10.51 AM.png

Audrey is such a hot babe

tumblr_nr011eponA1s9nttjo1_400.gif

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
DS and I are major Twin Peaks fans! I actually didn't watch it back in the day - my then teenage son got me into it (he's 25 now and a big David Lynch fan) and I watched both seasons. We're both loving the new episodes - although every episode seems to raise more questions - it's hard to imagine eventually wrapping up all the different story lines. It's weird and strange and quirky, which is what I love about the show. We're anxiously awaiting Audrey's appearance too. I was SO disappointed to find out Harry wasn't going to be in the new shows :(- I love Harry! Apparently he's retired from acting and they just couldn't entice him back, boo.
I'm super bummed out that Harry's not in the series! I've read conflicting info online- some sources say that it was his decision not to return, others say he wasn't asked.. Hmmmm.... I'm also surprised not to see Donna/Lara Flynn Boyle!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I'll see it when it comes to Netflix, which now only streams seasons 1 and 2.
Love Angelo Badalamenti's music.
Lynch has created so many interesting characters.
The look of everything, sets, lighting, costumes, makeup, hair, etc. is riveting.

Love this moment in the opening credits when the saw blade is being sharpened.
Very creative people working on this series!

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 11.10.51 AM.png

Audrey is such a hot babe

tumblr_nr011eponA1s9nttjo1_400.gif
Ha yes! She's one of my favorite characters on the show. The thing I realized about the show, going back and watching 20 plus years later: Whoever did the costumes did an AMAZING job! Yeah, there are some instances where you think "ouch, that's so date/out of style now!" but for the most part the stuff is pretty timeless. I think that's genius.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yay, glad to see this thread :). I'm all caught up and I think it's more enjoyable in many ways than the original. Kenny, I also love the musical score so much.

SPOILER type stuff:

Ready?:

I've heard the theory that Audrey is the "mysterious billionaire" that keeps getting referenced (the financier behind the New York project, etc) and I hope that's true. That would be great.

I am so anxious about how slowly "Dougie"/(actually Dale) is coming out of his semi catatonic type state - I want it to happen now, lol.

END OF SPOILERS

I hope we can keep this thread going through all 18 episodes this season, it feels like such a treat to get this many, actually.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to find otherTwin Peaks fans! :dance:

SPOILER ALERT

My son noticed from the credits that the name of the insane young guy who hit the little girl with his truck is Richard Horne. Audrey's son maybe? :think:

Katharath, I agree, I'm ready for Dougie/Dale to wake up - I want to see the old Dale again! And very interesting theory about Audrey!

END OF SPOILER

I think Peggy Lipton looks great! She really hasn't aged much at all. It's bittersweet to see the older characters. A little sad in a way but at the same time so much fun to see them again!!!! In honor of Twin Peaks I updated my signature lol.

Last edited:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Oh I was also disappointed about Harry, but I have to admit that I like the casting of Robert Forster as his brother (I believe that's how they're related).

I agree that it is really neat just to "see" everyone again. It is a bittersweet feeling realizing that time has moved on - just seeing these characters again gives it a visceral punch and drives home how long it has been.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I agree, Robert Forster is great as Harry's brother - I really like the character.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I think Peggy Lipton looks great! It's bittersweet to see the older characters. A little sad in a way but at the same time so much fun to see them again!!!! In honor of Twin Peaks I updated my signature lol.[/QUOTE]
Love your new signature! Agreed about Peggy Lipton, still looks beautiful! I hope that she and Ed are together :D
So I went to look up Lara Flynn Boyle- not sure about her appearance today, but within the past couple of years she has really changed her face a lot with botox/fillers.. maybe even plastic surgery? Not sure... But I wonder if that has anything to do with her not being on this season? I can't imagine why any of the actors on the show wouldn't want to come back. It is such a beloved cult classic!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, glad to see this thread :). I'm all caught up and I think it's more enjoyable in many ways than the original. Kenny, I also love the musical score so much.

SPOILER type stuff:

Ready?:

I've heard the theory that Audrey is the "mysterious billionaire" that keeps getting referenced (the financier behind the New York project, etc) and I hope that's true. That would be great.

I am so anxious about how slowly "Dougie"/(actually Dale) is coming out of his semi catatonic type state - I want it to happen now, lol.

END OF SPOILERS

I hope we can keep this thread going through all 18 episodes this season, it feels like such a treat to get this many, actually.

Yes! I love that there are many more episodes left!

SPOILERS:
I hope the Audrey theory is correct because that is a cool theory! I have also read the same theory about that the kid driving the truck (Horne.. forgot his first name) is Audrey's son.

I am also anxious for Dougie to snap out of it!!! I keep thinking while watching: Is this really normal Dougie behavior?? Did his wife (Naomi Watts character.. again, horrible with new character names!) really put up with him like that for years prior?? :lol:

Questions I have/waiting to be answered:
Who is Shelly's daughter's father?
Who is the drug dealer guy & what his connection to Shelly (bar scene a few episodes back)
James: He made an appearance a few episodes back, I wonder what his story will be.
Ed & Nadine: I hope they make appearances soon! I thought it was cool that we got to see Mike. I really hope that Ed & Norma will be together though! I liked their storyline.

END OF SPOILERS! :)

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so excited to find otherTwin Peaks fans! :dance:

SPOILER ALERT

My son noticed from the credits that the name of the insane young guy who hit the little girl with his truck is Richard Horne. Audrey's son maybe? :think:

Katharath, I agree, I'm ready for Dougie/Dale to wake up - I want to see the old Dale again! And very interesting theory about Audrey!

END OF SPOILER

I think Peggy Lipton looks great! She really hasn't aged much at all. It's bittersweet to see the older characters. A little sad in a way but at the same time so much fun to see them again!!!! In honor of Twin Peaks I updated my signature lol.
Love your new signature :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started re watching season 1 of Twin Peaks on Netflix. My dh and I only watched it once when it came out originally in the 90s so I hardly remember any of it. LOVING it so far. Cannot wait to catch up!

Not reading too much in this thread yet because I don't want to spoil anything for myself but once I catch up I will read it all.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, have fun catching up!

Woo-hoo, a new episode tonight! :dance:

Westjenn, I have all of the same questions lol! Hopefully at least one or two will be answered tonight. I'm glad you like my siggie lol - I'm going to change it periodically so stay tuned ha.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I'm practically counting the hours...

I wish we could just binge watch the whole damn thing, lol!!

(The other show I was this into recently was The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu, it was excruciating waiting each week for the new epi...now have to wait for another season! Oh, and new Preacher season two begins tonight for any who watch it. I'm a big fan of the original comic and actually, I could see many Twin Peaks viewers enjoying Preacher as well).

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Super strange epi...I'm beginning to think that...

SPOILERS including current episode 8 -

we may not get to see Dougie/Dale "come back" fully until the very end of the season. I really hope that's not the case.

So we seemingly saw the possible origin of BOB. I am curious to see if we get more info about how what we saw in the past in this episode ties into the future/what we already know. That was a creepy ending all around; the radio station scene(s), and the end with the girl and the frog bug thing, lol.

I would love at least a little more forward movement, though!!

/Spoiler end

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok...what just happened lol?!?
Yep, pretty strange and creepy! I was kind of disappointed that the other story lines were interrupted but hopefully this episode somehow ties in eventually with the other plot lines. I could make a little sense out of some things, but other things that happened in this episode have me completely confused! I guess that's how David Lynch likes it lol.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Ok...what just happened lol?!?
Yep, pretty strange and creepy! I was kind of disappointed that the other story lines were interrupted but hopefully this episode somehow ties in eventually with the other plot lines. I could make a little sense out of some things, but other things that happened in this episode have me completely confused! I guess that's how David Lynch likes it lol.

Oh yeah, it was an extremely Lynch-ian episode, lol. I can only make guesses at the meanings of MANY of the things we saw.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I was completely LOST with this one!! I was talking to a friend about it and she said "If I had wanted to watch "Eraserhead" I would have put that on!"
Wow.. I'm just so confused! I listen to a lot of podcasts & there is a Twin Peaks one called "Damn Fine Podcast" (I listen via the app "Stitcher") and thankfully the latest podcast talks about last night's show! I'll let you guys know what they say about it :shifty:

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I was completely LOST with this one!! I was talking to a friend about it and she said "If I had wanted to watch "Eraserhead" I would have put that on!"
Wow.. I'm just so confused! I listen to a lot of podcasts & there is a Twin Peaks one called "Damn Fine Podcast" (I listen via the app "Stitcher") and thankfully the latest podcast talks about last night's show! I'll let you guys know what they say about it :shifty:
Ok, so I listened to a few podcasts and hearing people discussing last nights episode. The consensus was: "What the heck did I just watch?!!" :lol:
One person said this was David Lynch's way of keeping the viewer from getting too comfortable- I can totally see this!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks katharath, it's a very good summary!

SPOILERS

After the episode my son was saying that the Black Lodge is created by fear, so maybe the fear generated by the Atomic bomb allowed BOB to come into existence. I did notice in other episodes that Gordon Cole has a big picture of a bomb going off behind his desk. It crossed my mind that maybe the boy and girl are Laura's parents. Or at least the boy is Leland. I'm a little confused about Laura being sent to combat the evil of BOB, since she ended up being very troubled and really didn't seem to pose a threat to BOB. I guess it will all make sense at some point...maybe lol!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I just have to say that I'm glad we're doing this thread, it makes the confusion easier to deal with :D

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Kyle Mclachlan is doing a live Q&A on Facebook today: Twin Peaks @TwinPeaksOnShowtime: 9:30PT/12:30ET

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Kyle Mclachlan is doing a live Q&A on Facebook today: Twin Peaks @TwinPeaksOnShowtime: 9:30PT/12:30ET

Oh do you know if he said anything particularly interesting?

It feels like it's been torture waiting two weeks in between epis, lol!! I'm happy it's Sunday.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh do you know if he said anything particularly interesting?

It feels like it's been torture waiting two weeks in between epis, lol!! I'm happy it's Sunday.
I asked 2 questions but there were so many people on asking questions as well. Oh well! Someone asked, if you could be another character on the show, who would it be? He said being The Giant character would be interesting.
He also said he loves Laura Dern being cast as Diane. What do you think of Laura Dern playing the part?
And did you watch last night? I'm glad it's moving along after the previous episode

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree westjenn, I'm glad this episode moved the story line along. I'm not sure about how I feel about Laura Dern as Diane...I guess I pictured Diane being different, not so tough and rough. Sounds like something happened between her and Cooper at some point that she's resentful about. I love that David Lynch is featured so much in the show, I get such a kick out of his character.

Thanks for the heads-up about the q and a, I'm sorry I missed it!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I asked 2 questions but there were so many people on asking questions as well. Oh well! Someone asked, if you could be another character on the show, who would it be? He said being The Giant character would be interesting.
He also said he loves Laura Dern being cast as Diane. What do you think of Laura Dern playing the part?
And did you watch last night? I'm glad it's moving along after the previous episode

I did watch it. It was definitely a more traditional episode, which I was happy to see, as I think it balances things out from epi 8. That being said, I look forward to more epis in the style of 8, as I do enjoy them too. Last nights epi moved us forward, yet epi 8 is the one that will stand out in my long term memory...

I find Laura Dern's Diane very curious. She is not what I expected but I enjoy the character. I would love to see her and Cooper together (hopefully after he is cognizant!) just to get a better gauge of how they actually relate to each other in person. Curious about the text she got, it was from Evil Coop, right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results