shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I understand what they think is the cause and I had linked the WaPo article in my post. My point is with all the Trump Derangement Syndrome by the media and the left you would think that people who voted for Hillary would have no problem reaffirming their choice. But this poll says different much to the chagrin of WaPo and those two paragraphs say it all about their bias. They are an attempt to justify what they think is unjustifiable. Frankly I am surprised they published it at all.

E B

Ideal_Rock
http://www.alz.org/10-signs-symptoms-alzheimers-dementia.asp

Just one example, of many examples, of his Alzheimer's symptoms, full list at link above:
6. People with Alzheimer's may have trouble following or joining a conversation. They may stop in the middle of a conversation and have no idea how to continue or they may repeat themselves. They may struggle with vocabulary, have problems finding the right word or call things by the wrong name (e.g., calling a "watch" a "hand-clock").

It's certainly worrisome. Republicans had a field day with Hillary's coughing fits/pneumonia, but we're not supposed to discuss our president's difficulty forming a complete sentence?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's also an example of something so frustrating about the two main parties. Democrats (or 'liberals') seem to let perfect be the enemy of good, and we're STILL having a hard time coming together as a group, though Trump has energized like nothing else before. Republicans have no problem uniting, but around a candidate that may not deserve it, simply out of party loyalty.

Oh I agree. They are all frustrating to no end. But even being here on PS I can see that people have very different ideas about the role that government should play in our lives. And that leads to the two camps being firmly set. Frankly I am very tired of politics and extremely tired of a group of people deriding others as racists and white supremacists because of those ideas about government. Many people are tired of it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's certainly worrisome. Republicans had a field day with Hillary's coughing fits/pneumonia, but we're not supposed to discuss our president's difficulty forming a complete sentence?

I wish there could have been someone in between. I don't like a slick orator either.

Edit - I was commenting on your post because I cannot see who you are quoting. The in between was regarding Trump and Clinton.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF and @Sungura I was there from '05 to '09!

You at least overlapped with my niece. I sent her your posting (complete with the info. on illegals) and asked her when she was there. I know she was in Spain for two years and then taught Spanish in a high school for three or four years after she graduated. Now she is in a Ph.D program at the University of Michigan. But I don't know the exact years. I just know you and she have to have overlapped, lovedogs. And you have similar politics.

Deb :wavey:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I understand what they think is the cause and I had linked the WaPo article in my post. My point is with all the Trump Derangement Syndrome by the media and the left you would think that people who voted for Hillary would have no problem reaffirming their choice. But this poll says different much to the chagrin of WaPo and those two paragraphs say it all about their bias. They are an attempt to justify what they think is unjustifiable. Frankly I am surprised they published it at all.
Hey Red, opps, I missed your original post on this where you linked to the article.. I guess it got lost in the midst of some back and forth on some hot topic :) I actually thought that the article was fairly straight forward, noting just how steadfast Trumps base is. HRC was definitely a hot mess of a candidate for many reasons. Some justified and maybe some not. I wish that we could get big money out of politics but chances of that happening are pretty much in not gonna happen territory.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BERNIE.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
For me, his ideas are good in theory perhaps, but I need to deal in reality. I do like Larry David though :) Larry David would make an awesome whiner in chief.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...crime-illegal-immigrants-and-sanctuary-cities
To extrapolate out these statistics, this means that a population of just over 3.5 percent residing in the U.S. unlawfully committed 22 percent to 37 percent of all murders in the nation. This is astounding.
Martinelli (a vocal Trump supporter during the campaign) says that his "vetted statistics" show that "In New York, over three times as many illegal immigrants or 169, are imprisoned for crimes per 100,000, as compared to only 48 citizens and legal non-citizen immigrants." First off, he provides no links to whatever he relied on & leaves us completely in the dark as to what "vetted" means. Second, I was a NYC prosecutor for nearly 25 years & also have done criminal justice legislative-policy analysis for all three branches of the state and NYC governments. So I'm familiar with the data available (and spent an hour+ traversing the Internet last night to see if there's something out there I wasn't aware of) & I'll be damned if I can figure out how he arrived at that conclusion.

Martinelli's lack of transparency in this regard , which leaves the reader having to rely on his say-so -- while at the same time accusing "ideologues" of concealing facts -- doesn't sit well with me.

Think the President's January 25th Executive Order re public safety and immigration laws-policies
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...order-enhancing-public-safety-interior-united
is worthy of discussion under its own thread & that might interest-engage more PSers than are willing to plow through multiple pages under the header Tweets from a lunatic. I'm leaving to go out of town on business, but maybe I'll have time tonight to start such a thread if no one else launches one before I'm able to log back on to PS.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SNL doesn't have to write any material for this week's show, they can just use the transcript verbatim.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
upload_2017-4-24_15-1-4.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish he would not spend so much time going there. I guess lots of business is conducted on the golf course but he should use a local one in DC. Too much $ spent to get to Florida.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we not pretend Obama wouldn't have been absolutely crucified if he did the exact same thing Trump is doing?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:D
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 12.44.20 PM.png

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

You mean no fights, no shouting him down, no destruction of the campus. The far right did not have a hissy fit because they might not like what he has to say.

Freedom of speech - amazing!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not one of those quacks did.

Same as Rosie who was sure Barron had autism. You do not have a clue. In fact the only way to diagnose Alzheimers is post mortem. And being Jewish we could not do that for my mother. So even though her psychiatrist felt she had it, even he did not list it as a cause of death because he could not est her brain.

While I agree that it is unethical to diagnose Alzheimer's unless you have at least read the patient's history and looked at MRI/PET scans, and better saw the patient himself, postmortem is an unproductive way to diagnose Alzheimer's. Moreover, it is not "the only" way.

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20110711/pet-scans-nay-help-with-alzheimers-diagnosis#1

Also, today [email protected] is allowed to tell clients whether they carry genes for late-onset Alzheimer's or not. Also, [email protected] ($ 200.00) + Promethease.com ($ 5.00) gives you a decent reading for all of your genome.

As to autism, to question it looking at Barron's behavior might have been OK, saying that he would grow up into a serial killer was NOT OK at all.

I think as long as we draw the line between reasonable questions, and stigmatizing utterances, we should be fine.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You at least overlapped with my niece. I sent her your posting (complete with the info. on illegals) and asked her when she was there. I know she was in Spain for two years and then taught Spanish in a high school for three or four years after she graduated. Now she is in a Ph.D program at the University of Michigan. But I don't know the exact years. I just know you and she have to have overlapped, lovedogs. And you have similar politics.

Deb :wavey:
Oh wow, thanks Deb! Super interesting! I wonder if I knew her. It's a super tiny school, so most people are at least familiar with one another. That's really funny!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Of course people are signing up for it like last year. It is a command performance. Either you do it or you are fined.

My son just got his notice. $500 more a month for a higher deductible. $1,000 more a month if he wants to keep the same deductible.

And my husband is going back into the Union, which will mean thousands of dollars less in compensation and a demotion so we can get back on the State insurance plan.

Oh, I am sure everything is going to be fine for those that receive subsidiaries,

What about those that do not. They are going to get royally screwed like my son and husband.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But it's your responsibility to pay for those subsidies ruby because you must be a member of the 1% we all hear about if you don't receive them. :roll:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, we all know there are problems with the ACA. My point was that the fear mongering hyperbole that Obamacare is in a "death spiral" does nothing to help the people of this country or begin to solve the complicated problems that exist. Not to mention the fact that the Trump is, once again, not sticking to the facts. For someone who constantly complains and whines and FAKE NEWS I just find this so reprehensible. I just hate the idea of controlling and ruling by fear.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
upload_2017-4-25_9-13-7.png
upload_2017-4-25_9-15-4.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results