shape
carat
color
clarity

Turning my dream paraiba ring into reality

S

SparkliesLuver

Hi, everyone. :wavey: I've never posted in this thread - as I usually stay on the colored stone side - but I wanted to share my newly finished ring with all of you.

Main stone: 8.2 x 5.9 x 3.9mm Brazilian paraiba
Inner halo and half shank: 1.2mm round brilliant diamonds, totaling .50cts (natural G color, VS)
Outer halo: 1.5mm paraiba
Solid platinum, weighing 7 grams

I'd like to thank some people before I get to the pictures as this wouldn't have been possible without them:
Adam (www.paraibainternational.com) for helping me find the perfect stone
David (www.facebook.com/david.klass.jewelry) for bringing my dream into reality and doing it perfectly
Elle (www.thegemstoneproject.com) for helping me with proportions, the gallery and overall inspiration
Yvonne (http://cecileraleydesigns.blogspot.com/) for taking a chance on me with the paraiba melee
And everyone here on PS in the colored stone section who helped me along the way

par44.jpg

par43.jpg

par46.jpg

par47.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

More...

par45.jpg

par49.jpg

par52.jpg

par54.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

And the last four...

par50.jpg

par41.jpg

par42.jpg

par40.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh WOW! That's stunning and every little detail makes it even more special, enjoy that little treasure!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Asscherhalo_lover. :) The details do make this ring come alive and they're what make it special - you're right. Thank you again!

Spin-Elle

Rough_Rock
A.Mazing.

One of the most gorgeous rings I've ever seen.
The paraiba melee looks incredible!!

Standing ovation for all involved :appl: :appl:

Octobergirl

Rough_Rock
What an amazing colour!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really magnificent, coloured stone halos and layers of different coloured stones have been in fashion in Europe for a while now and I am glad they are finally finding their way onto here - and what a way to do it!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Stunning in every way!!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Spin-Elle! The melee definitely makes the ring, I think. It's a major addition, and I'm super glad I was in the right place at the right time...and decided to splurge on it. Thank you!

Thanks, Octobergirl. It's a color I feel I can get lost in. :)

Thank you, motownmama! :D

I didn't initially think of this combination, arkieb1 - although I love my bling and I love large(r) rings - but I'm super glad I came across the paraiba melee. I'm even across the pond! ;-) Thank you!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely fabulous! Stunning! I've no words for it :love: :love: :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HOLY Collosal maniacs!

That's a stunner! :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o :love:

Your new ring looks positively radioactive - the glow is riveting, even in photos :sun:
It must be a head-turner IRL... oh my goodness, I think if I saw this on someone's hand on the street I'd probably just stop short to stare, and I'm sure it would be tremendously awkward but I'd be too distracted to notice :bigsmile:
Paraiba melee, how luxurious ::)

Congrats Sparklies!! It's a ring of dreams, indeed!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
:love: That ring is positively glowing with beauty!! The melee matches perfectly too. Congrats! :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, thecat! :) I was speechless at first too. In fact, I still sort of am every time I look at the pictures. I'm sure it won't be any better when it arrives. :lol:

Aw, thank you, iLander. That means a lot coming from you! :)

Thank you, Yssie! The stones were pretty darn bright in-person, before sending them off, so I was anxious to see how they'd look together as one piece. I'm glad I stuck with a vendor who works with outside stones and melee as I can't imagine the ring any other way now. :lol: I laugh because I'd be the exact same way. ;-) Thank you so much!

Thanks, nycspring! When I first came across the melee, I wondered how they'd look with the main stone. I don't have much luck in general, so I figured I'd heart-breakingly have to send them back. However, as soon as I opened the box I knew they were keepers. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! So glad you started this thread here as your stunning ring deserves to be in the spotlight. Your ring is unique in every respect: the rarity of the center stone, the Paraiba melee, the undergallery detailing...
David, Elle and you have made excellent design choices. I cannot wait to see your own pics :wavey:

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
*GASP!* Jaw-droppingly amazing in every way!! I absolutely love it. :love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So lovely!!!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I love the neon glow of the paraiba, wow! Absolutely beautiful :love: :love: :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning! It just glows! Does it throw off colour in a darkly lit room?

Oh my word, it's just amazing :love: :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
this is stunning!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that on Pinterest and was hoping it belonged to a PSer! Beautiful color!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Sparklies, I'm just so excited for you! :dance: Your new paraiba ring is truly exquisite! :love: The collaboration of DK & Elle worked out wonderfully! I'm glad you waited to find the right vendor for your project. :clap: It truly turned out more than exceeding expectations and it just glows amazingly! Thank you for letting us be part of the journey with all of your posts & process of bringing this very special ring to life! I'm sooooooo looking forward to seeing more photos soon! Congratulations! :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm glad the uniqueness of it comes across, Acinom. I definitely wanted that - I wanted it to have its own personality. :) Yes, they were amazing to work with and I can certainly say they'll be the team I work with again for my red spinel ring. :)

Thank you, kathleenmv and Tourmaline! :D

I wasn't sure I'd ever find a glowy paraiba, picante27. So when I inquired about this one, I wondered why it was still available. Adam thought it may have been due to the inclusions, but I feel they add to the stone, its glow and its character. Thank you so much!

Thank you, AlexT! The stone by itself did, but I don't have the ring just yet. I'm hoping Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be sure to try and capture that moment, if I can. :)

hehe Thank you, two_little_birds. :D

I appreciate that, lorrissey! :)

It's on Pinterest, tyty333? :lol: That's too funny yet awesome at the same time. <Spoken from someone who has zero social media accounts.> I'm honored to share it with all of you!

Thank you so, so much Rockinruby. Really. I'm super happy I waited to find the right vendor as well. That was important. You're more than welcome. Like I've said, it wouldn't have come out so wonderfully if I had done it all alone.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love:

Thanks for sharing your journey, and enjoy your gorgeous ring.

DK :))

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo! Your first thread in SMTB and it is phenomenal! :love: :love: :love: Congrats! The glow is amazing from your paraiba stones and the rest of the details only enhances them. :appl:

sparkle_zo

Shiny_Rock
Such a pretty color!! AMAZING RING, congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkliesluver, your paraiba is incredible. The color looks like it absolutely glows. Very pretty and I love the design. Enjoy that beauty.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, the vibrancy of that color is mesmerizing. Congratulations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results