shape
carat
color
clarity

Turning my dream paraiba ring into reality

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw my first pariba this weekend, a bunch of them at a gem show. I gotta admit. They're pretty crazy. I think Yssie said "radioactive'. Yeah that is the only word that really describes it.

Congratulations on an amazing ring!! :love: :shock: :o I almost feel like you would need to wear a haz-mat suit to wear that thing.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know whether I want to dive into that stone and swim or test it with a Geiger counter. What a heart-stopping color!!!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I'm just left mesmerized by the beauty of that ring, it's a one in a million, and I hope you get to wear and enjoy it for endless wonderful days. :appl:

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous glowy paraiba and beautiful ring. You have done very well with your setting design. The melee paraibas match the center stone in color exactly, and also enhances it. Well done! Enjoy wearing your new ring.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy stunning gorgeous mesmerizing ring batman!!! That is absolutely stunning in every way! :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This deserves to go straight into the iconic PS jewelry thread. :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I saw this one on FB and loved it instantly, lucky girl! :love: :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

It was a pretty fun one, DK. One that involved a lot of luck, which I normally don't have. haha Things aligned nicely on this one. Thank you!

Aw, thank you, lovesvintage. :D I appreciate your very kind words!

Thank you, sparkle_zo and marcy! Still can't quite believe it's my ring! haha :)

Thanks, Lookinagain. :) The main stone and the melee really do complement each other well and pack quite the punch!

Oh, did you, LLJsmom? I bet that was exciting. :D Were you tempted at all? :naughty: Thank you so much. hahaha You might be right!

haha It's funny you say that, lioness, because I had a similar thought when I was looking through the pictures again last night. I'd love to swim in it! Thank you so much.

Thank you, vintageinjune! Something tells me I'll be left mesmerized when I open the box tomorrow. Yes, this is definitely a keeper forever and it'll be passed down. I'll be sure to wear it as often as I can while still babying the !&#@ out of it. ;-)

Thanks so much, Art Nouveau. I'm happy others feel the same way about the setting and melee and center stone. :)

hehehe JDDN, thank you for the smile and the chuckle. :D I appreciate your comments!

Awww, mochiko, you're too kind. :) Is there such a thing though?! If so, I must find it!

Thank you, lknvrb4. I do consider myself very lucky when it comes to this ring. Like I commented above to DK, things seemed to come together on this project. I wish they were all like this! haha It gives me something to strive for on every project going forward.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Jaw dropping! One of the most beautiful rings I've seen :love:

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
No words left to describe your ring! Out of this world! Congratulations! :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, makeable! I really am still in a bit of shock that it's my ring. haha

Aw, thank you, bbziggy. :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful, I am so glad you decided to start your own SMTB thread. I can't wait to see your photos of the ring, hope you continue to post lots of photos. :bigsmile:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
this ring is so amazing it looks unreal, what an extraordinary piece!!! congratulations!!!! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ALERT! Step aside at once. I'm wearing a special protective Hazmat suit and will remove the radioactive ring from the premises for your personal safety.
And bring it back to my place so I can wear it instead. :lol: It's a gorgeous ring. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

The ring arrived today and I was able to take some pictures inside (with lovely office lighting) and outside. Thought I'd share a few. :D

Thank you, Lovinggems. :)

That's actually a really good way to describe it, dollyanjuli! I like that. It's very fitting. Thank you so much!

Chrono, you crack me up. :D :lol: Hey, only if I'm allowed to wear something of yours. ;-) :naughty: Thank you!

inside_2.jpg

_34421.jpg

outside_0.jpg

img_9349.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this now because of your avatar. OMG.

Congratulations on this stunning piece and wear it in good health!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, ilovegemstones! I will. :)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get down with your bad, bad, PARAIBA self!!!

Freakin' amazing ring!!!!

Would you share with us the efforts you had to go to to get the paraiba melee?

I was at a jeweler in Scottsdale a few weekends ago. The counter dude whispers to me, "Take a look at THIS!" and unfolds diamond paper origamied into the little packet. He shakes out a pale blue stone, completely dead, and an odd cut. He looks expectantly at me! I'm thinking its the ugliest tourm or blue topaz EVER OMG what do I say and while my brain is working on this he triumphantaly shouts "Paraiba!" I say "Oh, yes, right, uh-huh, wow, will you look at that?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely not a paraiba. Paraibas are like the Supreme Court statement on ****: Know it when I see it.

So thanks for showing us your paraiba, and WE SURE AS HECK KNOW THAT'S A PARAIBA!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is seriously one of the most stunning rings I've ever seen. Very unusual, and a total showstopper!

S

SparkliesLuver

:lol: Thank you so much, azstonie. :D I want to preface my story by saying that I'm never lucky; I'm never the person who is in the right place at the right time. Ever. So one day while I was browsing Etsy, I decided to check Yvonne Raley's store. Low and behold, what did I see? Paraiba melee! Wait, what?! :shock: I couldn't believe it because a) they were actually nice (unlike the one you saw...which I saw A TON of as well), and b) they were there, available to buy. I thought I was going to go through this long, difficult battle of having a vendor source some that in the end I probably wouldn't have been happy with anyway. But here they were! My main stone was at AGL so I was a little hesitant to buy them since the whole purpose was to see how well they'd match my stone. I contacted Yvonne and explained my situation. She was willing to hold them for me if I bought them. No question! So I bought 30. It was very nice of her to do that for me, so when I got my stone back from AGL she shipped out the melee. And I could not believe how well they matched, especially since my main stone is typically green-blue. But the finished ring blows me away every time I look at it because it all came together perfectly. I don't imagine I'll ever be this lucky again, but that's okay because I was once. :halo: ETA: I came to find out she picked them up in Tucson on the very last day (as the vendor didn't quite know what they were or how valuable they are), and she listed them shortly thereafter. So, note to self: that's a good time to check vendor listings!

I saw a lot of duds along the way, so I know exactly what was going through your mind when you were trying to figure out how to respond. haha I was there! And yes, there are stones that you know exactly what they are when you see it! Thank you so much again. :)

Aw, thank you, Jambalaya. I only plan to wear it at work (since I have a desk job), but something tells me I won't get too much work done on the days I wear it. haha

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1442535285|3929035 said:
Get down with your bad, bad, PARAIBA self!!!

Freakin' amazing ring!!!!

Would you share with us the efforts you had to go to to get the paraiba melee?

I was at a jeweler in Scottsdale a few weekends ago. The counter dude whispers to me, "Take a look at THIS!" and unfolds diamond paper origamied into the little packet. He shakes out a pale blue stone, completely dead, and an odd cut. He looks expectantly at me! I'm thinking its the ugliest tourm or blue topaz EVER OMG what do I say and while my brain is working on this he triumphantaly shouts "Paraiba!" I say "Oh, yes, right, uh-huh, wow, will you look at that?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely not a paraiba. Paraibas are like the Supreme Court statement on ****: Know it when I see it.

So thanks for showing us your paraiba, and WE SURE AS HECK KNOW THAT'S A PARAIBA!!!

I just let out an involuntary snort of laughter! Bless his heart.

OP this ring is museum worthy, unbelievable, neon glowing cha-cha dancing stunning. Truly a very special treasure!
Most of the time I think you could put me in a room with the biggest, grandest diamonds in the world and I will always be drawn to the colored gems that pack a huge glowing punch, and your ring is the perfect example of that.
Congratulations and enjoy :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

haha I know how you feel, Elliot. ;-) Thank you so, so much for all your incredibly kind words. They mean a lot!

P.S. I have to admit that I think I'd be right there with you. :D

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
:clap: ....picking myself up off the floor.... c'est magnifique.

You did an amazing job of pulling all these things and people together to create an amazing one of a kind ring. Congratulations!!! I read a bit of your 'creating' thread, and I was really excited to see your ring, but, gah- it is just even better than I could have possibly envisioned!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm glad I was sitting down when I received DK's email - complete with pictures - that it was done, apacherose! haha Thank you very much. I owe a lot to everyone here on PS as well. It turned out better than I had anticipated too! :)

gayani1

Shiny_Rock
wow. just wow. i love the color and the design. congratulations on completing a "dream" :) :appl: :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you gayani! The colors came together beautifully. I enjoyed the process a lot, and it's been amazing having it completed. It's a dream ring, for sure! :D

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
I have no words to describe this, it is just so incredible :love:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I came back when I had a chance, hoping to see hand pics and you did not disappoint. :love: Looks beautiful on you! :)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Cannoli! That is one ring that PACKS a PUNCH!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*THUD* :-o :love: :lickout: :clap: :o That is amaaaaaysing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results