shape
carat
color
clarity

Tucson Gem show

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
on HSN???
23.gif
23.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the television shopping networds are touting the Tuscon gemshow like they bought the only exclusive stones. In actuality, they probably all bought tons of tanzanite in blah quality.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking about ordering this one for $500...what do you think?

xxuglyring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 12:50:12 PM
Author: mochi
That''s a bizarre ring! Is that a frog on top??
emcrook.gif
Although I do think the rutile quartz is neat? Did Paloma Picasso design that??
emsmilep.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That does look like something Paloma designs. It''s absolutely hedious, I think that toad on the top makes it winner

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel sorry for the TV Hosts that have to present that and pretend it''s gorgeous.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like it sans the frog.

movie zombie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it belongs in the ugly ring thread, myself.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The piece of quartz with a froggy inclusion was interesting

A piece of quarts with a froggy on it isn''t.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s fairly interesting, but the frog has to go. No offense to the frog though. I know HSN buys stuff from Tuscon but like every gemstone show, there''s a market for every budget and I know they didn''t get the top stuff.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:50:12 PM

Do you want my honest opinion or do you want my support?
11.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 1:42:24 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I feel sorry for the TV Hosts that have to present that and pretend it''s gorgeous.

Like Mandy and the cross-eyed guy from JTV.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to HSN's website to find more ugly jewelry, and I saw the frog ring, and it's almost sold out
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Maybe Paloma is buying them all so she can say it's her design and jack up the price by 10,000% at Tiff&Co.

You can watch the video of Lynn (the hostess) talking about this ring. This poor woman, she deserves an Academy Award for presenting this in such a positive way. She pauses a lot while she's talking.
37.gif

Here's the ring description

There's no resisting the unique charms of this Emerald and Rutilated Quartz 14K and Sterling Silver "Frog" Ring. Prong-set, round Brazilian emeralds become vibrant eyes for the sterling silver figure of a frog on an etched 14K yellow gold lily pad. The irrepressible creature perches over an intriguing ring-shaped cut of Brazilian rutilated quartz.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 5:39:12 PM
I went to HSN''s website to find more ugly jewelry, and I saw the frog ring, and it''s almost sold out
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Maybe Paloma is buying them all so she can say it''s her design and jack up the price by 10,000% at Tiff&Co.

You can watch the video of Lynn (the hostess) talking about this ring. This poor woman, she deserves an Academy Award for presenting this in such a positive way. She pauses a lot while she''s talking.
37.gif

Here''s the ring description

There''s no resisting the unique charms of this Emerald and Rutilated Quartz 14K and Sterling Silver ''Frog'' Ring. Prong-set, round Brazilian emeralds become vibrant eyes for the sterling silver figure of a frog on an etched 14K yellow gold lily pad. The irrepressible creature perches over an intriguing ring-shaped cut of Brazilian rutilated quartz.

Shhhhh...you might offend some people.
27.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Where would one wear this to?

But the frong is a two tone yellow/white gold, fancy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 5:58:57 PM

If it were me, a party for blind people.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LOL!! I almost choked on that one!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Aw, the wee froggie! I like rutile quartz and I like frogs. Not sure I like the combo, though.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I guess anyone that was willing to be seen in public with it wouldn''t be bothered by the thickness between their fingers
33.gif

When my mom sold couture at a ladies boutique she would say with a bright smile "well, that''s a look" when someone with a horrid dress would ask "what do you think?".

So I guess that ring is a "look"
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess what JTV is touting on their home page . . . . "Tanzanite from the Tuscon Gem Show." What a major shock and surprise, especially since that tanzanite mine is all dried up.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 6:16:46 PM

Date: 2/14/2009 5:58:57 PM

If it were me, a party for blind people.
Oh my, this thread has me cracking up!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
ya''ll don''t want to know what I think - I''ve had too much wine tonight!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:22:24 PM
Most of the television shopping networds are touting the Tuscon gemshow like they bought the only exclusive stones. In actuality, they probably all bought tons of tanzanite in blah quality.
Can you cite a source for this info?

TL you have made your opinion about JTV known in what seems like every third or fourth post. Did you have a bad experince with this vendor? If so please explain what it was. I have bought quite a few stones from JTV and have received some real bargins. I do not watch the televised show but instead use thier website. They really have some nice stones. Not all of course, like most vendors they carry a selection for all budgets.

I must say that the number of personal attacks I see posted lately is rather distasteful. I guess I am one of those eaisly offended by these things.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 9:08:55 PM
Author: colormyworld

Can you cite a source for this info?

TL you have made your opinion about JTV known in what seems like every third or fourth post. Did you have a bad experince with this vendor? If so please explain what it was. I have bought quite a few stones from JTV and have received some real bargins. I do not watch the televised show but instead use thier website. They really have some nice stones. Not all of course as like most vendors they carry a selection for all budgets.

I must say that the number of personal attacks I see posted lately is rather distasteful. I guess I am one of those eaisly offended by these things.

CMW,
I'm not the only one that complains about JTV, or other gem shopping networks. If you go search through Pricescope and other gemological forums, you will see lots of complaints about these shopping networks, in particular JTV. It's not a secret about the quality for the prices you pay. That being said, I'm happy that you're happy with JTV. By the way, I think you're exaggerating a bit about my complaining about JTV. It is not every third or fourth post.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I never said you were the only one. You seem to have been very vocal about them of late. Have you actualy bought stones from them?

My sentence about personal attacks was not about any TV shopping network but rather the hosts which seem to be receiving a lot of unfair flack.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with you that one gets what one pays for. That said, would you mind answering CMW's question about your source?

mochi,
You make me laugh. Thanks!
35.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2009 9:26:13 PM
Author: colormyworld
I never said you were the only one. You seem to have been very vocal about them of late. Have you actualy bought stones from them?

My sentence about personal attacks was not about any TV shopping network but rather the hosts which seem to be receiving a lot of unfair flack.
I know the hosts were receiving some unfair flack, and I told you I was guilty of that in my other thread on TV shopping networks. Therefore, I kind of quietly exited out of that thread, realizing the error of my ways. I agree that it did get a bit too personal in that thread.

Have I bought stones from JTV? No, but I have purchased tools from them, and I recommended them for tools on another thread. I have read numerous complaints from people that have purchased stones, in particular the gemstone parcels, and there was the huge andesine scandal as well. These were in other gemoloigical forums which I am unable to mention here due to PS rules. I also have watched the show, which I encourage you to do as well. It's nothing but exaggerations about quality, and a bit too many treated stones for my taste. I don't like their website, and I also don't like that you can't always see the stone you're buying because it might be a stock image. If you did have good experiences with them, I encourage you to open a thread about it and cite them. Vendors, whether we disagree on them or not, should be open to discussion and we should not only cite negative, but positive things as well.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe the forum is set up so that we can share our ACTUAL experinces with vendors. Good and bad.
Sharing a preconceived opinion about a vendor without actualy have first hand knowledge is a little unfair. Don't you think.

You mention other forums. I too have been following this saga. As I see the issue th is still unresolved. Or do you have info I am not privey to?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Is it also unfair to form an opinion about something because of others experience? Isn''t this also ones perogative?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results