shape
carat
color
clarity

TS''s Dress Try-Ons!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
#3 gets my vote
36.gif
it''s gorgeous and it looks awesome on you!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I''m partial to #3. I love the contrast of the detailing and how it fits you!
9.gif

I love love love #5 and agree with DiamanteBlu...#5 would be perfect for the rehearsal!!!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
#3 looks SO elegant on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

#3, 2, 4 (no jacket) in that order. But in truth, you could wear anything!!

cheers--Sharon

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Dare I say...I LOVE #5!!!!!!!! It looks great on you! I love the tea length...definitely something different. I think it would look great long, too...but only if it has that tulle peaking out of the bottom. That dress looks FUN!!!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
#3 is my fav, followed by #4 (w/o the jacket and w/a slight sweetheart neckline). they are all gorgeous, though! which one do you like best?

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
I vote for 3 & 4, but am definately biased to Mori Lee dresses because my gown was a Mori Lee!
2.gif

I know you mentioned that #4 was too big on you, so I found a link of what the silhouette is supposed to look like on the Mori Lee website:
http://www.morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=1&D=2215&P=1

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i''m not a fan of #3! everyone seems to be adoring that on you, but i''m loving #1 and #2!!!!!! i think the angle of #3 is why everyone likes it so much, but #3 would be the same if you were facing the camera. you have a wonderful figure and could go with whatever you would put on that body, but i love the look of #2. and #1 adds that unique feel and you look like such a beautiful curvy (in a very sexy way) woman! meow!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
My fav is #3 followed by #4 without the jacket.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 11:37:47 PM
Author: lulu66
#3 is my fav, followed by #4 (w/o the jacket and w/a slight sweetheart neckline). they are all gorgeous, though! which one do you like best?

Well, I really liked all of them! I haven''t tried on one that made me go, oh yes, this is the one.

For all the fans of #1, here is the link to the manufacturer''s site so you can see what it''s supposed to look like: Maggie Sottero Oakley The wrap is removable and I liked it better without. This dress was my first "love", one of the first 3 dresses I tried on, so I kind of have a soft spot for it. I agree that it looks really bad in the picture but fully fitted it''s definitely va-voom! And I''m all about my hips, I think they''re one of my favorite features about me.
9.gif

I included #2 even though it didn''t particularly ring my bell because like I said, it really did look good. Maybe I can try on more in that style but with more interesting skirts.

I also Loved with a capital L #3. It is a smiiiidge too small in the hip, so I either would have to diet a quarter inch off my hips and go with the size I tried on and just have them take in the top, or go one size up and have the whole thing taken in.

I was almost sold on #3 until I tried on #4, they are pretty similar but #4 has more of the "antique" look to it and was a little flowier/softer. It''s hard, I could really go with either of them. And you''ve convinced me - no jacket.
2.gif
I wish #4 had fitted better. 3 and 4 are both lovely dresses.

#5 for the rehearsal dinner! I hadn''t even thought of that. Can you do that? I always figured you didn''t wear a "bridal" dress until the actual day of your wedding.

Thanks for all of your opinions, ladies! I think I have a pretty good idea of what flatters me the best now. GOOD NEWS - I''m doing dress try-ons at a different store today so I''ll have more pics for you later if the salon allows it!
36.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
well i love number 4! i would love it even more if it fit-like bring the top down a few inches. i don''t love the jacket though!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
the jacket on number 4 really throws me---i do not see that jacket with such an ornate dress! i mean i get that they match, but that jacket would look beautiful with a simple cut, simple satin dress.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:03:40 PM
Author: ts44
Dress #4 also comes with a bolero jacket that I couldn''t decide if it was so over the top that it came back around again to AWESOME.
9.gif

My fav!!!! Absolutely stunning!!!!
36.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
2 AND 5 are gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 3, 4 and 5! Number 3 is my favorite. Number 5 is really cute but it depends what kind of wedding you are going
for.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look great in so many styles!

I love 3 and 4 -- i like the fit of 3 slightly better, but i love the ruffle on the bottom of 4. I actually tried on dress 4 and i remember it being HEAVY.

Re: the #2 casablanca - I had the exact same problem when i was shopping with my mom. She loved a dress that looked very similar to that, and i felt like i was playing dress up :) It looked great, but it just wasn't me at all.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
#3 is fabulous!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#3 looks very good on you
2.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love #3 on you...i love #2 as well....#2 is actually a private label by g gown

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
#3 and #5!!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I love #3, and I think your sisters idea for #5 would be brilliant - it just looks SO cute on you, and you get the best of both worlds!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
#3 looks amazing on you!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i loved #2 on you, liked #3 on you, and #5 was my second favorite as far as "fun", fit and style goes. But, I''ll be honest, unless you are sold on #5 as being "the one", i wouldnt get it. its just a bit too fun. I would hate to see you upset that you didn''t get a gown.
#2 had the perfect color on you.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like 3, 4, and 5 the best. I think they show off your body the best and I like the style the best on you.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Well bad news, the salon I went to on Saturday did not allow photos.
15.gif

Fortunately there was not much that I liked at this shop except for two Marisa bridals dresses, but unfortunately can''t find pictures of them on the internet, as it seems this particular designer is a little sensitive about having pictures online! Bad luck, they were very pretty.

I''m going to another shop on Thursday, and they''re considered a little hoity-toity so they probably won''t allow pictures either but we''ll see if I can sneak some anyway.
2.gif

I really appreciate all the feedback! I seem to have a problem in that I could see myself walking down the aisle in ALL of these dresses, so it helps to have other eyes on them to narrow it down for me.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
TS, i love #4 without the jacket. Its divine!!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I also love #4 without the jacket!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results