shape
carat
color
clarity

TS''s Dress Try-Ons!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Here are pics from my first dress try-on session! My mantra was "I want something different" but I did end up trying on some more traditional styles that looked nice. I know what my mother and my sister think, but now I want Pricescope ladies'' opinions!
9.gif

Dress #1:

"Oakley" by Maggie Sottero

This is the store owner''s favorite dress she has in stock. I wish it hadn''t been a size 16 because I just swam in it and I feel like the pictures don''t do it justice. It''s supposed to be a very very fitted dress. I LOVE the ruffle on the lower half though, it''s so kicky and fun.

Maggie Sottero Oakley Front Close.JPG

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #2:

Casablanca Unknown Style #

My mom LOVED this one. I found it a bit too "bread and butter bridal", but I''m including it because there''s no denying it looked good and it also came in this deep gold color that I adored. The fabric has a very heavy, rich feeling soft hand.

Casablanca Princess Dress Side.JPG

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #3

Mori Lee Gold/Ivory Lace with a Ruffle Hem

This dress looked smashing and had lovely gold lace embroidery. I think it would look terrific bustled.

Mori Lee Lace Ruffle Front.JPG

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
T they''re both gorgeous but I really like the color of #2 on your skin tone. It just looks soo elegant. Maybe it''s because #1 is too big on you. Very good choices so far
30.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
whoops, should wait till you''re done posting....

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #4:

Again with the Mori Lee Lace with Ruffle Hems!

This one had lovely tiered lace on it vs. the other one which was one layer the whole length of the dress, and a kind of grecian pleated double tulle layer at the hem that would also look killer bustled. It doesn''t look like it does anything for my figure in the picture but actually fit very similar to Dress #3, fitted through the torso and hips and then slim through the leg with a flare.

Mori Lee Tiered Lace Pleat Hem No Jacket.JPG

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #4 also comes with a bolero jacket that I couldn''t decide if it was so over the top that it came back around again to AWESOME.
9.gif

Mori Lee Tiered Lace Pleat Hem w Jacket.JPG

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
And Dress #5, the final one for this round.

Casablanca Tea-Length Dress:

This was the ONLY tea-length dress in the whole store, they had it on a mannequin propped in a corner, sort of forgotten. They were almost using it just as a decoration! My mom was like "hey, do you want to try this one on?" I said SURE! It was actually the perfect size for me, no clamps or squeezing needed. And freaking adorable, but will I have regrets about not having a gown? It also comes in a long version, which they did not have in the store.

Casablanca Short Dress.JPG

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I love numbers 1, 3 and 5 on you.

Number 1 is all kinds af awesome. I can imagine what it would look like fully fitted to your figure. Gorgeous.

Number 3 is exquisite

Number 5 IS adorable and is very flattering on your figure!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
okay now that all the pictures are up, I say #3 flatters your figure the best!
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
#3 looks FABULOUS on you! That''s my favorite.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
My favorite is #3.....it just looked sooo 'right' on you, if that makes any sense.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
My favorites are #3 and #5. What type of wedding venue and what time of day is your wedding?
#3 is soooo gorgeous on you.
#5 is super duper sweet.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
That tea length dress is very very similar to my dress! http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?search=drew&sfid=50986&f=

Except mine had vertical lines instead of horizontal. I'm a huuuge fan of tea length, but maybe that's just me
2.gif
I do love that dress on you. Otherwise my favorites are everything other than #2. I agree it's a bit too plain after looking at other things you're drawn to. #1 and the tea length are definitely statement dresses, while I feel the other two are fairly traditional with some special unique details.

ETA: Looking back over them I agree with some of the other ladies that #3 and 5 seem to flatter your figure the most. However, it can be so hard to tell with dresses that don't fit right (like #1 and 4).

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2009 4:41:07 PM
Author: tigian
My favorites are #3 and #5. What type of wedding venue and what time of day is your wedding?
#3 is soooo gorgeous on you.
#5 is super duper sweet.
The wedding is at the end of August at a country club, and the ceremony will be outdoors in the gardens with dinner indoors and cocktails/reception will be half in/half out in the ballroom/portico area.

I adored #3, but I really wish that #4 had fitted better because I think the lace looked really great on that dress. The industrial-strength clamps they use to keep these dresses on make me laugh.
5.gif
You can see the orange handles of them in some of the pictures.

I think I could pull off a tea-length dress for the reception but I think I really want a gown for the walk down the aisle, and I refuse to be a 2-dress bride! My wedding gown is my wedding gown! My sister suggested that we get #5 in the long version and then have it altered to have the bottom half be removeable, hah! I don't even know if that sort of thing is possible, but it's kind of insanely awesome in a "wedding barbie" sort of way.

Edited to Add: The girl in the picture of dress #5 had been dress shopping for FIVE MONTHS over THREE STATES! This was like, the 50th store she'd gone to. I was like honey, go home and walk into the first dress shop you see and pick something, seriously. That's not just "not finding anything," that's a decision making disorder.
6.gif

purelily

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE #1 on you!!! :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number three gets my vote!!!!I love the combo of the embroidery and the satin/silk ruffle. The other ones are all gorgeous, but that one stands out to me.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Number 3

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love number three on you. It is very elegant and really flatters you.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely choices! They are all so different from one another. If anything the running theme seems to be a sense of "a little different" and the detailing, which is different dress to dress. My personal favorite is #3. So much so, that I spent a good ten minutes talking myself out of going to try it on! (I will not be a two dress bride, I will not be a two dress bride...)

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I dislike #1. I think it emphasizes the hips. Of the other long ones I prefer #3. I think the tea length one would be great for the rehearsal dinner!
9.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
#2 gets my vote-- But the others are still GORGEOUS. I think I may simply favor more traditional styles.

My sister is wearing that tea length gown in her wedding this july :) I love it!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love number 2 and 5 on you. You look fab in both of them.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I love the outline of no.2 on you but not the design or material (sorry). Did you try on that style with any other designs?

I think it is such a prefect style for your body shape.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I''m partial to #2 - I think the bodice is gorgeous and the cut is super flattering.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I love the first two. I also love the tea-length but yes I agree with your point that you might regret not having a gown if you''re thinking that now.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I ADORE #3 and #5 on you! Both are so flattering.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love #2 and #3 on you!!! I don''t like #1 at all and I wouldn''t choose the short dress because it really doesn''t look very bridal to me.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
#2 is beautiful on you!! so elegant!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love 3 - that gets my vote! 2 is also beautiful on you (especially with the gold color), but you''re right in that it''s very "bread and butter bridal." I can identify with the desire to get away from that. It''s helped a bit by the gold color, though.

5 is cute too, and if you decide you want a tea-length dress, it''s perfect.

Regarding 1 and 4, I''m not a fan of anything with ruffles, so I say pass.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results