shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to Sell Rare Colored Diamonds

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
what should i do, should i talk to jewelers about this, can i sell them here i dont want to break TOS in here and if i can is anybody interested can someone please guide me a lil bit on this

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
What is your background and the background of the stones?

There are guidelines on how you can approach this if you are Trade. And you can't really post here due to the T&C of the site. Ebay is one way. many people find loopholes, but well, the guidelines are there.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy FCDs but would not consider buying one that did not have a recent GIA report.
There is too much money at stake and there are lots of FCDs out there that were created in a lab or modified to improve the color.
Both lowers the price dramatically compared to FCDs of material and color-origin that are 100% natural.
GIA is the only lab I trust to tell me these characteristics are both natural before handing over my hard-earned money for an FCD.

If your do not have GIA reports that is step one IMHO.
Also if the reports are not recent get new ones.
The crooks are constantly developing new clever ways to modify the color and GIA is constantly keeping up with them.
This cat and mouse game makes me not consider FCDs with old GIA reports.

You can't sell diamonds here on Pricescope and if you post an email address Admin will remove it but tell us about your FCDs.
What are the weights and the colors?
Do you believe them to be natural? If so why?
How did you get them?

And please post pics of them.

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments guy i really appreciate the help i do have GIA reports on all my diamonds and they are 100% natural in a couple days i will post pictures as I'm getting them sent from overseas if there's a high demand i would sell, Kenny please message me if you are truly interested if you want me to go through verification procedures i would be glad to do so to prove my legitimacy. I just want to scratch the surface in selling these, I have a great opportunity here i don't want to let it go to waste

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We do not allow sales here. Please do not solicit for sales or this thread will be closed. Thank you for your cooperation.

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
Sorry for the inconvenience

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LifeIsReal|1311047733|2971945 said:
Sorry for the inconvenience
you can't sell on PS but please do "show and tell"... ;))

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
In the next coming days i will definitely show my stuff with all recent gia etc

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Quick question... does your stuff happen to contain a round brilliant or stepcut GIA graded fancy pink FCD of more than 0.5ct with SI1 or lower clarity and at least good/good polish and symmetry at bargain basement prices?

A man can try...

jaebond

Shiny_Rock
You mean you can't find one of those? :tongue:

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
I have pictures of a sample of a 0.27 carat Fancy Vivid Orange Yellow Diamond Shape Pear Diamond that just came in today i dont want to post them because i still need my GIA sent to me once i have that i will post them freely here, please let me know if i should post them without the GIA for now.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, everyone loves pics. :love: :love:
Most of my FCDs are also near a quarter carat.
When you get much larger than that the price goes through the roof. ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm, very pretty. :lickout:

I like wide pears.
They look a bit like hearts.

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
good looks bro ill edit right now

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
edited enjoy guys

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
kenny|1311139480|2972744 said:
Mmmm, very pretty. :lickout:

I like wide pears.
They look a bit like hearts.

yea bro they look really nice man im glad u like them im goin to get way more im looking for some jewelers when i get my GIA reports all certified ill be ight hopefully

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
jaebond|1311099188|2972368 said:
You mean you can't find one of those? :tongue:

No... last I checked between my toes it wasn't there. :))

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
That little yellow cleftless heart or wide pear or however it is named (FCDs get all the coolest shapes :D) looks quite pretty.

Really looking forward to more photos. Even if you can't sell them here, it will help to get an interested audience first for down the road... :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH! So you are in the diamond business.
I assumed you were a civilian like me. :wavey:

Since you are a trade member you should put a TRADE banner in your posts.
Ask PS admin how you do that, or perhaps someone here knows how.
PS has very specific rules for diamond vendors to follow, which you should read up on.
For instance you are not allowed to post pics of your inventory which is for sale.

Why don't you also put a link to your company's website in your sig line?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can't PM you.
Private messaging is also against PS rules.

PS is very very strict about not being taken over by people selling things overtly.
You have to do it covertly by playing by their rules; please go read them carefully or moderators will be all over you like flies on . . .. ..
Even thought PS bills itself as a Consumer Advocate Site they DO accept advertising dollars from diamond vendors if you want to advertise on PS.

The way many pros make money here (besides getting sales by paying to advertise and paying to get their inventory included in the PS diamond search engine) is by posting helpful expertise in many threads.
Over time they hope customers will develop respect for them and go to their website and buy something.
It is a kind of soft selling.

Just be careful.
Lurk and read for a long time to learn the ropes.
Certain pros are seen as jerks based on how they have posted over the years.
They are clueless how this has cost them sales.

IMHO John Pollard is the model pro poster here.
Search for his threads and learn.

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
I see thanks for the advice Kenny I will defintely pay PS for advertizing this is such a good site for potential customers i really appreciate the help here

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I love the enthusiasm, so I would really hate it if the PS moderators clamp down on you and silence you forever.

Please do some checks with them on what is allowed and what is not, and whether it makes sense for you to be a sponsored vendor. Meanwhile, all the best, and i'll come by your website once it is done.

LifeIsReal

Rough_Rock
Alright guys i will read up on rules and stuff hopefully the mods wont ban me when my site is done it should be on my sig and hopefully everything will work out for the best mods im sorry for any mess i started i was just trying to make a imprint on myself in PS, guys imma crash i have a long day ahead me i have to make more calls and set up more appointments thanks for all the help it really meant alot TristanC Kenny ill look out for you guys when my site is completed

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Starting a new business is tough and I wish you all the best of luck with it. It's an especially difficult time to be specializing in an overtly discretionary product like this given the state of the economy but new business succeed all the time and right now is not an exception. I'm sure the PS managment will be happy to talk to you about selling you advertisements but you may be jumping ahead of yourself. Don't be surprised to discover that advertising is pretty expensive, both here and anywhere else that does any good. Get your details down better. Website, phone, photography skills, lab relationships, banking relationships, supply chains, et.al. are all important prerequisites to success. I don't know what you've done heretofore or how you plant to market this new company beyond this sort of 'free' thread but I STRONGLY recommend writing up a business plan. FCD’s are a highly competitive business and there are a lot of people out there, possibly including your supplier, who are eager to eat your lunch.

I don't mean to be the naysayer and, once again, I wish you all the luck in your new venture but I think your chances of success will go up if you put a LOT more thought into it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second everything Neil said.
I'm not in the industry so all I can offer you is one consumer's perspective.
Like Neil brought up, you are entering a specialized niche of a specialized market which already has many competitors who have been in the field for generations.
Also, like Neil, I wish you all the best but sense you need a heads up.

A wide socioeconomic cross section of society buys a white diamond for an engagement ring, but only tiny few even know about FCDs let alone buys them.
I suspect FCD buyers are more wealthy and educated and you must appeal to this demographic.
I think that marketing approaches like apple's "Think Different" is one of the few that may reach us.
Spending 20 times the price for something much more tiny and with value that invisible to the public screams DIFFERENT.

FWIW if you want to sell Fancy Colored Diamonds to ME, you need to look closely at Leibish & co. www.fancydiamonds.net
I'm aware of many FCD vendors but only Leibish has earned my businesses . . . so far. :Up_to_something:
I have remained loyal to Leibish so far because IMHO Leibish is the best FCD vendor.
I'd be delighted to buy from others if they could beat the Leibish experience.

First, you need to spend a few million bucks to buy and maintain a stock of around 1000 FCDs, and not just small low-cost ones or yellow ones like some FCD vendors.
I want to walk down the aisles and ogle over large blues, greens, oranges, and reds that I'll never be able to afford.
It makes me feel good, so go ahead and sue me. :wacko:

You need to hire a photographer skilled in the extremely difficult specialization of photographing diamonds.
You need to tell him/her the goal is conveying the accuracy of color and cut.
You need to NOT backlight your diamonds because it makes them all look well-cut and conceals windowing.
Photography is a tool that can show your intent to be truthful, or not.
This is the Internet and I can't see the diamond so my perception of a vendors photography is critical to my buying decision.
I am a photographer and an FCD collector and there is nothing like poor photography ethics to turn me off to a vendor.
FWIW, here is my work: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/fancy-colored-diamond-collection.159746/[/URL]

You need to publish the price of every diamond on your website, with exception for the highest-end goods which much appeal to the uber-discrete millionaire clientele who would drop her champagne on the deck of her yacht and faint if anyone found out what she paid for the 3-carat flawless Fancy Vivid Blue she gave to her maid.
I'm not psychic so I want to see the prices of everything I'm considering so I can understand what characteristics affect the price.
It helps me decide what to buy.
Also I refuse to contact a vendor with secret pricing to learn the price.
I am suspicious they will try to quote the highest price possible after learning about me.

I'd prefer every diamond for sale was graded ONLY by GIA with a FULL GIA report even if the clarity comes back I2.
I'm a big boy; I can think and make educated decisions on FCDs where the color is WAY more important than clarity.

Your return and trade up policies must be competitive.

Your customer service must be like Nordstrum.

All this is the opinion of just one person, but after buying around 20 FCDs this opinion may be useful.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! What's up with PS?
Look at these two screen captured I just took.

This says the OP posted 12 minutes ago:

But when I open the thread his/her post is not there.
It should show up below my post in the pic below.
Is there a bug?

n.png

nn.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1311183523|2973093 said:
It could've been deleted already ;-)

Good point, but then why would it show up in the first pic?
I went back and forth a few times and it was still listed after not being in the thread.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kenny,

We are, of course, dancing close to the edge here in terms of the PS rules. It's possible that the OP posted something that's been deleted, that the Mods edited an existing post by him and this modification has to do with what is called 'most recent' and it might just be a bug that comes up with this sort of thing. I've no doubt that this one is being watched closely for potential rules violations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results