shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to find an ideal cut, 54% table round brilliant cut

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, I am new here. Recently I got fascinated by diamonds and spent a lot of time studying (I am very technical). My goal was to find a super ideal cut on my own without paying for the premium.
One month ago I made an order (my first round brilliant cut) from James Allen and also ordered an ideal scope and ASET scope from here. JA still have not delivered the ring yet yet, but I would like to hear your comments about the diamond.
It is F, VS1, 1.5ct. I order it because (1) its ideal scope picture looks great, very symmetric (only 0.02mm difference), H&A; (2) it has 54% table, 15.5% crown, and 55% star, I am expecting it to have very good fire; (3) the GIA reports look great, although the crown angle is a bit shallow, it is paired with a small table, high crown, and long star, should have very good light performance.
I am attaching the video https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...f-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-8279937, the idealscope image, the GIA report and HCA score. Could you provide any comment? I hope I did a good job. If there is anything wrong, I still have chance to return it.

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 8.38.51 PM.png cert.jpeg IMG_1518.jpg

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
You did exactly what you intended and very well. Nothing to add. 10/10

Thank you! I even used super zoom to check the girdle to make sure that there is no painting/digging. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it does look very good...you've done your homework (and then some).

Post pics when you get it and let us know what you think!

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Once you get your ring, which looks AMAZING by the way, could you please post some real life and under the sun pictures? I’d love to see how the digital pictures translate to every day views.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
I am very disappointed with James Allen. They are still in the process of making it... The expected shipping date is next week. I will definitely post photos once I received it!

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
I am very disappointed with James Allen. They are still in the process of making it... The expected shipping date is next week. I will definitely post photos once I received it!

Please do! It is so informative to compare digital information to real data.

They might be experiencing delays due to this entire Corona virus madness. I know the rings imported for us by Tiffany's from NYC and Australia had to sleep at customs for quite a while...

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
Good luck! I am sure that the people here will have excellent advice for you.

We have looked at Whiteflash and a few other online vendors but even pushing my husband's "analog store" preferences aside, we were really concerned about taxes and customs. In Germany, we would have to pay 19% VAT tax plus the custom duties (not sure what they would be). Just something to consider before purchasing the ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did they notify you that there would be a delay? Most of their products right now have a note that shipping will be delayed due to COVID

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
I talked to two customer service. One said that they moved part of their production outside NYC. The other said that they are operating at a much reduced capacity. On the website my order was even at "pre-production" stage! But when I talked to them, they said it was queued for production on May 7th. I guess they did not bother to update their website....

VeryUndecided

Shiny_Rock
I talked to two customer service. One said that they moved part of their production outside NYC. The other said that they are operating at a much reduced capacity. On the website my order was even at "pre-production" stage! But when I talked to them, they said it was queued for production on May 7th. I guess they did not bother to update their website....

These are extraordinary times. They can't help it. But based on the stats, I am sure that once your ring arrives it will be super mega sparkly! So just a few days more and then I am looking forward to seeing all those modelling pics! :D

headlight

Ideal_Rock
This sounds fabulous! Can’t wait to see photos!!!

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
I received the ring today. The moment I took it out from the box, I was impressed by how bright and how much fire It produces. :kiss2:
The very first thing I did was to use my ideal scope and ASET scope tools to check it. It looked perfect. I managed to take some photos with the front camera of my iPad. The background light was not great and the glass to hold the ring was not clean enough... But I did the best I can. ;)2
IMG_0837.jpg IMG_6453.jpg

Then I took some photos next to the window. I managed to get some red arrows (my cellphone case was red). It lighted beautifully. It looks good on its own and also matches with my wedding band (a rose gold channel setting from Tiffany).
IMG_1823.jpg IMG_1830.jpg IMG_1836.jpg IMG_1838.jpg

Later I will take it out for a walk to see its performance under the sun. Will come back with more pictures. Very enthusiastic. :twisted2:

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
I received the ring today. The moment I took it out from the box, I was impressed by how bright and how much fire It produces. :kiss2:
The very first thing I did was to use my ideal scope and ASET scope tools to check it. It looked perfect. I managed to take some photos with the front camera of my iPad. The background light was not great and the glass to hold the ring was not clean enough... But I did the best I can. ;)2

Then I took some photos next to the window. I managed to get some red arrows (my cellphone case was red). It lighted beautifully. It looks good on its own and also matches with my wedding band (a rose gold channel setting from Tiffany).

Later I will take it out for a walk to see its performance under the sun. Will come back with more pictures. Very enthusiastic. :twisted2:

Wow! It’s beautiful! Looks like you chose a great one!! Congrats :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!! Congrats!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

The diamond looks great and so does the ring.Great fire as well.

I just wish JA would have set it so that the prongs would not cover the arrows (all 4 prongs cover them.) They did the same thing to me (I eventually returned the ring and the diamond but for a different reason.) They seem to be sloppy when it comes to symmetry of setting the stone and prong placements.

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
The diamond looks great and so does the ring.Great fire as well.

I just wish JA would have set it so that the prongs would not cover the arrows (all 4 prongs cover them.) They did the same thing to me (I eventually returned the ring and the diamond but for a different reason.) They seem to be sloppy when it comes to symmetry of setting the stone and prong placements.

It was slightly offset. The four prongs are on upper-girdle facets, very close to the arrow head (which are on crown facets). I originally hoped that they can set the prongs symmetric, by putting them in between two adjacent upper-girdle facets. That would make it perfect. But I am happy with the current way as well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! It looks lovely on you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was slightly offset. The four prongs are on upper-girdle facets, very close to the arrow head (which are on crown facets). I originally hoped that they can set the prongs symmetric, by putting them in between two adjacent upper-girdle facets. That would make it perfect. But I am happy with the current way as well.
Sometime that is hard to do b/c it may cover up the GIA inscription. Can you see the inscription #s with a loupe?

I wanna be able to read the inscriptions for ID ing the stone.

Last edited:

LittleKite

Shiny_Rock
Sometime that is hard to do b/c it may cover up the GIA inscription. Can you see the inscription #s with a loupe?

I wanna be able to read the inscriptions for ID ing the stone.

Yes, I was able to read it and it matches. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results