shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to figure out the logic

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, thanks for the reassurance, I felt bad she wasn't happy but after some correspondence it doesn't look like happy is in the cards.

Everything else was as described, gold purity, size of diamonds etc. I think she probably likes the piece enough that she doesn't want to return it. Just a guess.

There are only two options here.
1. You could give her a complete refund and get your ring back.
2. You could give the partial refund. You would lose some money and the ring, too.

(I think her asking for a partial refund is rude. That's an underhanded way of asking for a huge discount.)

What do you think she actually wants?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are only two options here.
1. You could give her a complete refund and get your ring back.
2. You could give the partial refund. You would lose some money and the ring, too.

(I think her asking for a partial refund is rude. That's an underhanded way of asking for a huge discount.)

What do you think she actually wants?

She didn't ask for a refund, when I saw her feedback which was positive (green) with a negative comment about the ring not being vintage but a replica, I messaged her. I did this because I want people to be happy with what they buy from me.

A couple of messages back and forth and she says she doesn't want a refund but feels the ring is worth $300-$350 and she paid $500. At that point I stopped messaging her. She "doesn't want a refund" for whatever reason so I'm leaving it alone now. If she opens a case with EBay or PayPal then I'll deal with it but otherwise I figure I tried to be nice, tried to make the situation a positive for her and she is not having any of it.

Now granted someone might say I should have just left it alone since she did leave positive feedback (which means I'm still at 100%) but I wasn't okay with that. If someone is unhappy I have to at least try to fix it. She declined the partial so now it will be she either decides to keep it or she escalates it and I will just refund her and hope she mails the ring back.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She didn't ask for a refund, when I saw her feedback which was positive (green) with a negative comment about the ring not being vintage but a replica, I messaged her. I did this because I want people to be happy with what they buy from me.

A couple of messages back and forth and she says she doesn't want a refund but feels the ring is worth $300-$350 and she paid $500. At that point I stopped messaging her. She "doesn't want a refund" for whatever reason so I'm leaving it alone now. If she opens a case with EBay or PayPal then I'll deal with it but otherwise I figure I tried to be nice, tried to make the situation a positive for her and she is not having any of it.

Now granted someone might say I should have just left it alone since she did leave positive feedback (which means I'm still at 100%) but I wasn't okay with that. If someone is unhappy I have to at least try to fix it. She declined the partial so now it will be she either decides to keep it or she escalates it and I will just refund her and hope she mails the ring back.

Well I am 100000% happy with my purchase from you.
You never asked for a rating, but I give you five stars, and big hugs!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, aw thanks friend and hey, yours is definitely vintage :D

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see your concern that Bc she declined the refund, she is sitting on her return window to possibly change her mind and demand a refund. I would be uneasy too. Does she have good feedback herself? Maybe she is just waiting it out so just don’t spend the money yet and be ready to refund worst case.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see your concern that Bc she declined the refund, she is sitting on her return window to possibly change her mind and demand a refund. I would be uneasy too. Does she have good feedback herself? Maybe she is just waiting it out so just don’t spend the money yet and be ready to refund worst case.

She does have good feedback, I'm going to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. What is the window, is it 30 days? I should know this but it's not something I've ever had to worry about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results