shape
carat
color
clarity

trustworthy source for ice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
I am looking for a source for a stone - someone that is reasonably below Rap and has nice stones too - not a scammer - it''s so hard to know

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
I think there are ample solid diamond suppliers from what I see in this forum. You have to find your resources and let others give you their referrals. I also think not all retailers are out their to gauge and to charge high prices. It will be up to the individual retailers and their diamond knowledge and also their contacts.

I for one keep my suppliers to offer me good cuttting goods generally runs into 25-28% below Rap and I pass onto my customers generally at a margin between 15-20%. All gems are GIA certs and generally cut to what I called "ideal" since we generally have these goods sold to Japan and the Japanese do demand a bit more of the cut "quality". But this day and age, it seems to me that the margin of diamond will remain slim but healthy and for those who has the reputation and self confidence will do well.

I am learning more and more of the HCA and I have likened the Holloway protocol - I would like to continue to call the Holloway protocol and I see the validity in the wider table and the angle variation to enhance fire, light- by me it is a another level of evolution in the diamond trade and Holloway had offered to the trade a new angle to see how to "extract" best of "life" out of any diamond.

Other labs are getting a bit too powerful and too greedy.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/28/2003 6:18:44 PM icelovr wrote:

I am looking for a source for a stone - someone that is reasonably below Rap and has nice stones too - not a scammer - it's so hard to know

----------------

This shouldn't be difficult... Just run a search for a diamond with the characteristics you desire on the diamond search engine here on Price Scope... Leonid has verified the business practices of all of the vendors who list diamonds for sale here and it is easy to verify their business practices and customer satisfaction ratings by conducting a search of the threads here on Price Scope... Most of the vendors also employ the services of independent rating services like The Public Eye, The Better Business Bureau, ePinions, etc... Also verify the good standing of the company you are considering a purchase from by contacting The Jewelers Vigilance Committee http://www.jvclegal.org because "the scammers" tend to be well known... Good luck.

icelovr

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input - by the way - I found your site to be VERY helpful...I have one local trying to convince me faint flourescence and no flours. are about the same...and that there isn't really a difference between VG symmetry/polish and excellent - his words were "don't drive a jeweler crazy trying to get them in the excellent range - they're really the same thing"....

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I'm in agreement with your local jeweler's comment about fluorescence, and understand what he's talking about in regards to very good vs excellent symmetry and polish.

There's a difference between these categories, but it is very subtle, with no difference observed by the naked eye.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Fluorescence is primarily an identifying characteristic and it happens to be one which we are quite fond of when it is blue... Personally, we wouldn't get too caught up with fluorescence... Most of our personal diamonds exhibit medium blue fluorescence, but we know what we're doing and we like it... But if you're not comfortable with fluorescence, then your local jeweler should focus on finding you a diamond that exhibits no fluorescence, after all you are the customer.

As far as Very Good vs. Excellent polish and symmetry... While the visual difference between the two may be subtle, the reality is that Excellent is readily available and doesn't cost much more than Very Good and Excellent is becoming "the norm" which the cutters strive for... Ten years ago, it was virtually non-existent and now it is everywhere... Why settle for Very Good? I don't know about you, but it drives me nuts to know that there is a scratch in the side of my car that could easily be solved by a trip to the detail shop
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results