shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump Threatens...Secretary Clinton's Life?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chrono and Calliecake. I will try hard to be polite in the delivery of my opinion and ignore the nastiness from some. Their opinion does not define who I am. I realize they are just scared of the possibility of Trump being president.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooner or later, we all sit down to a banquet of consequences. -- RL Stevenson

Q

Queenie60

Welcome back Redwood - whew :wink2: - thought we lost you!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Clinton made an assassination comment about Obama when they were fighting for the nomination.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E0QAewVrR28

I don't think she was suggesting that someone assassinate Obama, and I don't think Trump was suggesting that someone assassinate Clinton.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470844808|4064297 said:
Thank you Chrono and Calliecake. I will try hard to be polite in the delivery of my opinion and ignore the nastiness from some. Their opinion does not define who I am. I realize they are just scared of the possibility of Trump being president.

Redwood, I think you hit the nail on the head. It is the possibility of Trump becoming President that frightens people. I know it frightens me.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1470845895|4064307 said:
Clinton made an assassination comment about Obama when they were fighting for the nomination.

I don't think she was suggesting that someone assassinate Obama, and I don't think Trump was suggesting that someone assassinate Clinton.

What on earth are you talking about? Did you even watch the video? Nowhere in it is there "an assassination comment about Obama."

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have mentioned that I listen to Sirius radio. One of the shows I listen to, on the POTUS channel, is this one. I like the interaction between the Democrat and the Republican, both of whom listen to each other. I really feel I learn from the way they speak and also their willingness to come back on the air and correct something they , or amend something, one of them said. There isn't really any arguing, believe it or not, just intelligent discussion.

When redwood is here and at her best, I feel that we are almost at the same place on Pricescope. That is why I am so sorry when we we blow it. But there are more than two of us on Pricescope and we do not know each other personally like the radio hosts so it is far harder to control all our emotions than it is for these two men to control theirs.

Link...http://steeleandungar.com/about-the-show/

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1470847751|4064328 said:

Redwood, I think you hit the nail on the head. It is the possibility of Trump becoming President that frightens people. I know it frightens me.

I understand that it is frightening to many people that he might become president. And some of the things that are being said by establishment Republicans, IMO, is not because they fear he is going to "push the button" and start a nuclear war. Its because they cannot control or herd him. Trump is where he is precisely because no one controls him. This was my point earlier about rural America.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Maria D|1470847819|4064331 said:

What on earth are you talking about? Did you even watch the video? Nowhere in it is there "an assassination comment about Obama."

Watch again, Maria. The subject is why Clinton is not dropping out of the race with Obama. One of her reasons is what happened to Robert Kennedy could happen to Obama. People were upset about it, and I think she apologized. Again, I don't think she was suggesting that someone assassinate Obama, just as I don't think Trump is asking for Clinton to be shot.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AnnaH|1470848678|4064348 said:

Watch again, Maria. The subject is why Clinton is not dropping out of the race with Obama. One of her reasons is what happened to Robert Kennedy could happen to Obama. People were upset about it, and I think she apologized. Again, I don't think she was suggesting that someone assassinate Obama, just as I don't think Trump is asking for Clinton to be shot.

I gathered the same thing and agree with both of your points. Trump says stupid things but this gaffe has been spun way beyond in order to keep the spotlight on this and not issues or policies.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470848450|4064343 said:

I understand that it is frightening to many people that he might become president. And some of the things that are being said by establishment Republicans, IMO, is not because they fear he is going to "push the button" and start a nuclear war. Its because they cannot control or herd him. Trump is where he is precisely because no one controls him. This was my point earlier about rural America.

It isn't controlling him. It is thinking he could manage at all. I have a huge problem with his not knowing which countries Russia has invaded. I also have a problem with his thinking he could drop an alliance with one Baltic state that is a member of NATO and remain in an alliance with the others. I do not believe that he really knows where all the European countries are really located, let alone where their armies are located or with whom they have alliances. He is too flip and too shallow to be president. He knows nothing at all.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is eerily reminiscent of the rhetoric that was flying on the republicans side, even naming particular people who were for gun control with x's or other things across their face, when Gabriel Giffords were shot, and 7 were killed. Inciting violence is a crime. You may think Trump was joking but he didn't say he was joking and many many people will interpret his words as an invitation to take action.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/rep-gabrielle-giffords-blood-sarah-palin-hands-putting-cross-hair-district-article-1.149099

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1470849025|4064354 said:

It isn't controlling him. It is thinking he could manage at all. I have a huge problem with his not knowing which countries Russia has invaded. I also have a problem with his thinking he could drop an alliance with one Baltic state that is a member of NATO and remain in an alliance with the others. I do not believe that he really knows where all the European countries are really located, let alone where their armies are located or with whom they have alliances. He is too flip and too shallow to be president. He knows nothing at all.

Deb you do realize that much of America does not know how many or what countries Russia has invaded? Most people don't care about it because they are more concerned about how they are going to keep their job, their house, their children fed, and a whole host of other things. If the elite thinkers don't try to understand where America is today outside their own purview then things might never get any better.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470849528|4064361 said:
Deb you do realize that much of America does not know how many or what countries Russia has invaded? Most people don't care about it because they are more concerned about how they are going to keep their job, their house, their children fed, and a whole host of other things. If the elite thinkers don't try to understand where America is today outside their own purview then things might never get any better.
Not Deb, but I'll voice my view anyway. :bigsmile: Most Americans may not know or care, but any Presidential candidate had better know and care about what is going on in the world because it is in the best interest of the country that the President knows what is he saying and doing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1470849846|4064363 said:
Not Deb, but I'll voice my view anyway. :bigsmile: Most Americans may not know or care, but any Presidential candidate had better know and care about what is going on in the world because it is in the best interest of the country that the President knows what is he saying and doing.

I would like that too but "most Americans" are the ones who are voting. I would love it if more people were engaged in current events and not twitter, or pokemon, or not paying attention in high school, but that's not the case. We have become a vapid, self-centered society floating along and we get what we ask for. Rather we get what happens while we were not paying attention or caring.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1470849025|4064354 said:

Please do not blame me because people do not have jobs or children are not fed. I am with the party that funds social programs! In fact, a recent study suggests that "Obamacare" has improved the health of Americans. I almost posted it for the edification of Dancing Fire, who likes to tear it down at every opportunity!

I did not criticize the average American for failing to know what country Russia invaded. I criticized one of the two people running for president on a major party ticket and receiving top secret security briefings because of that. This man actually said that he would consider recognizing Crimea, which is part of the sovereign state of Ukraine, as part of Russia. Then he said that Russia, which occupies Eastern Ukraine, would not invade Ukraine. Wouldn't you like the president to know where Russia has annexed territory and who it has invaded? Or are you satisfied that he knows the same amount as Archie Bunker, the average guy who came off his shift at a factory after a long day?

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb I did not blame you for anything. I was posting an observation and opinion in answer to yours. And I think I made my opinion known in response to Chrono.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1470850349|4064367 said:
Please do not blame me because people do not have jobs or children are not fed. I am with the party that funds social programs! In fact, a recent study suggests that "Obamacare" has improved the health of Americans. I almost posted it for the edification of Dancing Fire, who likes to tear it down at every opportunity!

Improved ?.. :confused: It is next to impossible to find a Dr. under Obamacare. plus hurting the middle class b/c of higher premiums .. The unaffordable care act .. :knockout:
http://freedompartners.org/latest-news/effects-unitedhealths-obamacare-exchange-withdrawals-fewer-choices-higher-premiums/

I did not criticize the average American for failing to know what country Russia invaded. I criticized one of the two people running for president on a major party ticket and receiving top secret security briefings because of that. This man actually said that he would consider recognizing Crimea, which is part of the sovereign state of Ukraine, as part of Russia. Then he said that Russia, which occupies Eastern Ukraine, would not invade Ukraine. Wouldn't you like the president to know where Russia has annexed territory and who it has invaded? Or are you satisfied that he knows the same amount as Archie Bunker, the average guy who came off his shift at a factory after a long day?

Yes, Maybe you can remind Prez Obama?.. :wink2:

AGBF

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Bingo!
And I'm glad to see you back :D

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1470848893|4064352 said:

I gathered the same thing and agree with both of your points. Trump says stupid things but this gaffe has been spun way beyond in order to keep the spotlight on this and not issues or policies.

And bingo again!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sorry Anna H, you completely missed her point. Yes, the subject is why Clinton is not dropping out of the race. Her thesis is that it's unprecedented to suggest that a candidate drop out of the race this early in the campaign. To support this she discusses how close the race is, as she's winning in the popular vote and they are only a couple of hundred apart in pledged delegates. She then discusses how it is still early. To support this notion she mentions that her husband's campaign didn't pull ahead until he won the California primary in June and how Robert Kennedy was assassinated in June. The point is that RFK was still campaigning in JUNE because the Dem nomination wasn't considered a foregone conclusion then, and she felt it shouldn't be considered a foregone conclusion for Obama's nomination now - hence she had no intention of dropping out.

She definitely was not suggesting that someone might assassinate Obama. Yes, people were upset because her words were misconstrued then, just as you are doing now. Here's an article written at the time that can explain the whole thing. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/24/on-the-road-clintons-very-bad-day/?_r=1

If you don't believe that Trump was *seriously* suggesting that someone should assassinate Clinton, guess what - I totally agree with you! The man is not serious, he's a clown. But he's a dangerous clown because someone could take him seriously.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me state that I am a Second amendment sister. I'm also an independent so what I say may not matter much to some of you. Trump was NOT talking about those of us who follow the rule of law, and/ or fight for our constitutional rights within the rule of law, just those that pretend to. The end.

Personally I find it sad that some on this forum seem to equate a vote against Hillary as a vote for Trump. This time I will vote with my party. I like the people my party picked, I like that they make sense and not so far to the left or right that its alarming. I'm also hoping they get into the debates (they should!)

The 2 party system ceases to work when you have to vote lesser of the 2 evils. At some point you come up craps.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1470833096|4064233 said:
-snip-
Another pesky little truth, is that Trump IS the what the Republicans have wrought. They are desperately trying to gnaw their way out of it by projecting that shadow onto the Dems or whatever, but a Trump is almost an inevitability after decades of stoking fear and anger and aggrieved entitlement. In a real sense, the Republican party has become the party of a massive drug addiction, and now they're hitting rock bottom. They stoked the fear of (insert all the things like fear of brown people, government - what we all know) and anger at perceived encroachment on "their" America. But fear and anger are like drugs - at some point the body adapts and you need to up the dose. And the Republicans cynically kept proffering more and stronger red meat to whip up more of the fear/anger that they could use to motivate their members to vote for them. They didn't reckon that the bill would come due, but it finally has. And Trump is shoving all Republicans' faces in what they REALLY created. He IS their candidate, and that is massively ugly, and they know it.

-snip-

The reality is, there is no equivalence here, between the candidates, NONE. And defenses of or support of Trump are increasingly odious to a huge proportion of Americans.

Truth! This is what has become of the Republican party. Sane, mainstream conservatives can be in denial for now but eventually they will have to face these facts and figure out where to go from here - or watch the party they could once be proud to be a part of die.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1470854568|4064406 said:
-snip-
Another pesky little truth, is that Trump IS the what the Republicans have wrought. They are desperately trying to gnaw their way out of it by projecting that shadow onto the Dems or whatever, but a Trump is almost an inevitability after decades of stoking fear and anger and aggrieved entitlement. In a real sense, the Republican party has become the party of a massive drug addiction, and now they're hitting rock bottom. They stoked the fear of (insert all the things like fear of brown people, government - what we all know) and anger at perceived encroachment on "their" America. But fear and anger are like drugs - at some point the body adapts and you need to up the dose. And the Republicans cynically kept proffering more and stronger red meat to whip up more of the fear/anger that they could use to motivate their members to vote for them. They didn't reckon that the bill would come due, but it finally has. And Trump is shoving all Republicans' faces in what they REALLY created. He IS their candidate, and that is massively ugly, and they know it.

-snip-

The reality is, there is no equivalence here, between the candidates, NONE. And defenses of or support of Trump are increasingly odious to a huge proportion of Americans.

Truth! This is what has become of the Republican party. Sane, mainstream conservatives can be in denial for now but eventually they will have to face these facts and figure out where to go from here - or watch the party they could once be proud to be a part of die.
Believe me the Dems have more to lose in Nov than the Reps, b/c IF Trump beats HC the Dem party will be the laughing stock of the whole world.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1470855154|4064408 said:
-snip-

-snip-

Believe me the Dems have more to lose in Nov than the Reps, b/c IF Trump beats HC the Dem party will be the laughing stock of the whole world.

That's true but we will all be the losers for it.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1470843000|4064272 said:
Well I assume this is directed at me? That is fine and you are entitled to your opinion - nasty as the delivery may be. You, and others like you, are keyboard warriors. Polite company? Ha - that is a laugh.

Conservatives who are reading now, this is how many (not all) liberals view you and your opinion. You are too stupid to be allowed to vote, but your vote counts just as much as theirs and it bothers them immensely. And they are supposed to be the party of the people? It appears that is the case only if you share their views. Just please get out and vote.

Wow. You don't back up this assertion with any evidence, it looks like you're just trying to stoke some anger. The discourse here has been nothing BUT polite, no one has insinuated that anyone is stupid.

Liberals I am going to tell you something you don't want to hear or will acknowledge. The rise of Trump lies equally in the hands of the liberal progressives and their policies, and the establishment republicans. Tens of thousands of people who had never voted before cast a vote for Trump in the primary. That should be a wake up call to you. Rural America is fed up with all government which includes progressive ideas and do nothing republicans who maintain the status quo. Are you scared? You should be. Because this is what happens when people feel they are not being heard or are working hard only to see much of their earned wealth be taken by a government who squanders it. If you don't realize this is what has happened then your head is in the sand and you can keep typing all the anti-republican rhetoric you want. But I know the truth. We reap what we sow.

Oh pul-leeze. The rise of Trump happened because the ugly underbelly of America was exposed. Blaming anyone other than the people who voted for him is head-in-the-sand nonsense. There were other republican primary candidates that had pretty much the SAME platform as Trump without his racist, misogynist, violence inciting flair and yet those "tens of thousands" helped choose Trump. Why? Because it was suddenly, at long last, safe to come out and show their true colors. Trump validated the ugliness that was already there.

I am not scared. I love this country and I have faith in its people. Yes, the Republican media machine (conservative talk radio, Fox news, etc) has done a good job of fear mongering and from what I hear, so did the Republican convention (I didn't watch it). They don't scare me.

And this particular post is not in support of Trump but merely an opposing opinion as to why he has become the nominee.

Carry on with your nastiness because you will just be proving my point.

These threads invite debate. People disagree in debates. I haven't seen any nastiness.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Maria D|1470853921|4064400 said:

Sorry Anna H, you completely missed her point. Yes, the subject is why Clinton is not dropping out of the race. Her thesis is that it's unprecedented to suggest that a candidate drop out of the race this early in the campaign. To support this she discusses how close the race is, as she's winning in the popular vote and they are only a couple of hundred apart in pledged delegates. She then discusses how it is still early. To support this notion she mentions that her husband's campaign didn't pull ahead until he won the California primary in June and how Robert Kennedy was assassinated in June. The point is that RFK was still campaigning in JUNE because the Dem nomination wasn't considered a foregone conclusion then, and she felt it shouldn't be considered a foregone conclusion for Obama's nomination now - hence she had no intention of dropping out.

She definitely was not suggesting that someone might assassinate Obama. Yes, people were upset because her words were misconstrued then, just as you are doing now. Here's an article written at the time that can explain the whole thing. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/24/on-the-road-clintons-very-bad-day/?_r=1

If you don't believe that Trump was *seriously* suggesting that someone should assassinate Clinton, guess what - I totally agree with you! The man is not serious, he's a clown. But he's a dangerous clown because someone could take him seriously.

We don't know what Clinton meant, just as we don't know what Trump meant. Both comments were unfortunate. As your posted article states, the Obama team was very upset believing that the assassination comment was linked to Obama. Maybe their outrage was fake, maybe not. We don't know about that either. No doubt much of Trump outrage is exaggerated, imo.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
-snip-

-snip-

Not at all. If Trump is elected president, this entire country will be the laughing stock of the whole world. People from other countries don't delineate between the GOP and the DNC - probably given that those two parties don't exist in other countries. As far as they're concerned, it's just 'America'. And if America elects a petulant, undisciplined, multiple-times bankrupted reality show host, rightly or wrongly, we're going to look like a country of asshats.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1470855893|4064416 said:
redwood66|1470843000|4064272 said:
Well I assume this is directed at me? That is fine and you are entitled to your opinion - nasty as the delivery may be. You, and others like you, are keyboard warriors. Polite company? Ha - that is a laugh.

Conservatives who are reading now, this is how many (not all) liberals view you and your opinion. You are too stupid to be allowed to vote, but your vote counts just as much as theirs and it bothers them immensely. And they are supposed to be the party of the people? It appears that is the case only if you share their views. Just please get out and vote.

Wow. You don't back up this assertion with any evidence, it looks like you're just trying to stoke some anger. The discourse here has been nothing BUT polite, no one has insinuated that anyone is stupid.

Liberals I am going to tell you something you don't want to hear or will acknowledge. The rise of Trump lies equally in the hands of the liberal progressives and their policies, and the establishment republicans. Tens of thousands of people who had never voted before cast a vote for Trump in the primary. That should be a wake up call to you. Rural America is fed up with all government which includes progressive ideas and do nothing republicans who maintain the status quo. Are you scared? You should be. Because this is what happens when people feel they are not being heard or are working hard only to see much of their earned wealth be taken by a government who squanders it. If you don't realize this is what has happened then your head is in the sand and you can keep typing all the anti-republican rhetoric you want. But I know the truth. We reap what we sow.

Oh pul-leeze. The rise of Trump happened because the ugly underbelly of America was exposed. Blaming anyone other than the people who voted for him is head-in-the-sand nonsense. There were other republican primary candidates that had pretty much the SAME platform as Trump without his racist, misogynist, violence inciting flair and yet those "tens of thousands" helped choose Trump. Why? Because it was suddenly, at long last, safe to come out and show their true colors. Trump validated the ugliness that was already there.

I am not scared. I love this country and I have faith in its people. Yes, the Republican media machine (conservative talk radio, Fox news, etc) has done a good job of fear mongering and from what I hear, so did the Republican convention (I didn't watch it). They don't scare me.

And this particular post is not in support of Trump but merely an opposing opinion as to why he has become the nominee.

Carry on with your nastiness because you will just be proving my point.

These threads invite debate. People disagree in debates. I haven't seen any nastiness.

You are making my point thank you.

ETA - and you just called people who don't agree with you stupid here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cant-donald-just-say-yes-im-a-poor-excuse-for-a-human.224624/page-4#post-4064425#p4064425']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cant-donald-just-say-yes-im-a-poor-excuse-for-a-human.224624/page-4#post-4064425#p4064425[/URL]

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Likely incorrect. Do you actually think the rest of the world separates your country as you do? No, they see 'Wow Americans actually voted this guy in? Wow.'
They will not separate the democrats from the republicans. You will all be lumped together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results