carat
color
clarity

Trillion Setting

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1451412753|3967936 said:
ScarletRpsdy said:
Hi Niel, the morning found me as indecisive as ever! My eyes keep being drawn to the sparkles, but I'm still a bit put off by the lack of glow. I'm wondering how realistic it is to keep buying and returning spinels just for that factor alone. Teetering towards keeping it because it's still an attractive stone (and I've already bought and returned 3 other stones and it's getting expensive!)

Does it have a small feather near one of the corners? If so, I think it's the same stone I ordered and looked at earlier this year. The weight and dimensions seem the same, from memory. If it is the same stone, it was nice but you're right about the lack of glow. If a strong glow is on your "must have" list, you might want to prepare yourself for a decently long journey - that's a pretty difficult trait to find these days (at least in my experience). Buying and returning stones does add up, but you're also talking about your engagement ring stone. Only you know if you'll truly be happy with it forever. :)

It does have that feather!! Gah I might have to return it then, darn it! I thought maybe it was me not knowing what a glowy stone actually looks like, but since you've actually seen it and agree, then that's that. :cry:

S

SparkliesLuver

ScarletRpsdy said:
It does have that feather!! Gah I might have to return it then, darn it! I thought maybe it was me not knowing what a glowy stone actually looks like, but since you've actually seen it and agree, then that's that. :cry:

I thought it was the same stone. I'm sorry, ScarletRpsdy. I didn't mean to necessarily be the "bearer of bad news," and if you love it then by all means keep it. It's totally up to you, but when it was in my hands I didn't see a glow either. :(

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I hesitate to add since it seems you might be second guessing the stone. Nevertheless, I have worked with a jeweler who is great with trillions. I posted two pics. The ring is not mine but the pendent is mine.

_1315.jpeg

_1316.jpeg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another option if you decide to keep the stone. This is not mine. It's a design by Australian designer Alistair Kelsey.

_1317.jpeg

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions, guys! Unfortunately, I ultimately decided to not keep it. I really wanted something glowy, and this just wasn't it. If I do end up picking out a trillion though, I'll know where to go for inspiration now!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ScarletRpsdy|1451530189|3968770 said:
Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions, guys! Unfortunately, I ultimately decided to not keep it. I really wanted something glowy, and this just wasn't it. If I do end up picking out a trillion though, I'll know where to go for inspiration now!

Sorry to hear this stone was not meeting your expectations. But it probably helps you in better understanding what to look for next time. Very good decision to return it if you do not love it.
Happy searching for a new stone :wavey:

teklit

Rough_Rock

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know this is an old thread, but I'm on the hunt for classy, organic, and beautiful settings for my spess trillion that's coming next week.

I absolutely LOVE the green trillion's setting. Could you let me know the jeweler and if you have any idea as to prices? Thank you!

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
aac2013|1451504687|3968566 said:
I hesitate to add since it seems you might be second guessing the stone. Nevertheless, I have worked with a jeweler who is great with trillions. I posted two pics. The ring is not mine but the pendent is mine.

Should have included the quote ... sorry!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Niel|1467408629|4050576 said:
woweezowee|1467395733|4050527 said:

http://www.stonehavenjewelry.com/gallery/view/rings/89

Thanks Niel! I missed this question.

Yep, Stonehaven is the name of the store. Ask for Ron, the owner/jeweler. He has a Facebook page too.

https://www.facebook.com/stonehavenjewelrygallery/?ref=ts&fref=ts

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I completely forgot about another trillion that Stonehaven did for me. It's an Ametrine (though the color gradient is stronger than what the image shows).

_4777.jpeg

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
aac2013|1468541786|4055567 said:
Niel|1467408629|4050576 said:
woweezowee|1467395733|4050527 said:

http://www.stonehavenjewelry.com/gallery/view/rings/89

Thanks Niel! I missed this question.

Yep, Stonehaven is the name of the store. Ask for Ron, the owner/jeweler. He has a Facebook page too.

https://www.facebook.com/stonehavenjewelrygallery/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thanks for the info! I love both your ring and necklace :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results