shape
carat
color
clarity

TRIFECTA! Unheated sapphire--check! Unoiled emerald--check! Now... unheated ruby---CHECK!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think this might all be Ilya's fault. :cheeky: I had never feel like I needed a ruby... until I was "just visiting" one day and he said, "Here, try this." Giant, vibrant unheated Burmese in a diamond halo. Well... OK... maybe I was wrong! So I had a nice long think about (<-- all of about five seconds!) and since the Tucson gem show was coming up I sent him off with a list of my requirements... unheated, 3+ cts, eye clean, not windowed, good color (not pink, orange, brown or purple -- RED!). Out of all the photos and videos he sent, Trifecta here was the winner! I was originally thinking three stone similar to Big Blue and the Green Goddess, but actually went with one of the I&R stock settings, modified slightly to hug the shape of the stone (the setting was designed for a round) and double claw prongs instead of the original ten singles. Photos do not do this ring justice at all and there is NO SUN here in the midwest so I'm doing the best I can with the light I've got. I'm sure my attempts to adjust the pics leave something to be desired, but I'm trying to get the color of the stone right (even if the color of my HAND is all wrong!).

See... this is the danger of being so close to Ivy & Rose, LOL! I can pop over there annnnnny time and play with the sparkles, and the next thing you know... well, you see what happens! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BA6E3446-5FF7-43DF-92E6-8017EF45677E.jpeg

Attachments

• F11F675C-60BA-4EAF-B4A2-EB6A33E6AC68.jpeg
    F11F675C-60BA-4EAF-B4A2-EB6A33E6AC68.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 38
  • EFF879D2-03AC-4475-BCEF-A4AB57D01BD0.jpeg
    EFF879D2-03AC-4475-BCEF-A4AB57D01BD0.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 35

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D906B04E-CCE1-43B9-94B4-28B61C6D9C2F.jpeg

Attachments

• 17C7A4B6-23AE-42CB-92CB-BB0814BB784D.jpeg
    17C7A4B6-23AE-42CB-92CB-BB0814BB784D.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 21

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
17A6A2AA-E3B5-498D-B77E-A20823BDF27D.jpeg

Attachments

• 8050F502-C9F1-4387-84A3-391D9985C387.jpeg
    8050F502-C9F1-4387-84A3-391D9985C387.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 28

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! This is spectacular. It just glows. I love all three. ❤️❤️

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful vivid red. Congratulations!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
All gorg. How do you choose which to wear daily? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Farleysmom!

SandyK, LOL!

DiamondGirl, "vivid" is exactly the word I think of when I look at this stone!

MaisOutMadame, thank you for the kind words!

Lulu, I have to confess I rarely wear my "big" rings -- or really ANY rings at the moment -- but I'm getting back into the swing of things. It's only within the past month or so that I've even put my diamond studs in after not wearing them for about two years (afraid I'd flip one off with my mask and lose it!). Now though, I need to get serious about picking something out and putting it on every day!

Fancygems, thank you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
OMG so gorgeous! Photos much better than the others you shared. Absolutely amazing. I love the photo of all three on your hand. Trifecta indeed!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mreader, of course you know I was thinking of you when I was making this thread!

ItsMainlyYou, :lol:

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! All three are lovely. Glad you are making an effort to wear them, they deserve to be shown off.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay - Fabulous ruby ring and pictures! Trifecta is gorgeous and as mentioned above - yes that ruby just glows. It is a fabulous color! What a great addition to your beautiful collection.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can honestly say I'm not a ruby person, but wow, that's gorgeous and could definitely change my mind.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed the trifecta! Absolutely gorgeous - congratulations! What a collection you have!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful! I love the setting, as well. The picture of all 3 made my heart beat a little faster!!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like rubies, nice rubies and yours is beautiful!!! congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of that Ruby is fabulous! Spell check keeps capitalizing it - with good reason! You now have three beauties - lots of variety to enjoy!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Farleysmom!

SandyK, LOL!

DiamondGirl, "vivid" is exactly the word I think of when I look at this stone!

MaisOutMadame, thank you for the kind words!

Lulu, I have to confess I rarely wear my "big" rings -- or really ANY rings at the moment -- but I'm getting back into the swing of things. It's only within the past month or so that I've even put my diamond studs in after not wearing them for about two years (afraid I'd flip one off with my mask and lose it!). Now though, I need to get serious about picking something out and putting it on every day!

Fancygems, thank you!

@Dee*Jay what a travesty! Those beauties need to be worn :lol: . JK-I know what you mean. I accidentally pulled off on of my akoya drops the other day. Luckily, I caught it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Donna, It's kind of a shame I have so much jewelry that never goes outside the house. But sitting here in my furry slippers at the kitchen table, I am verrrry sparkly!

Marcy, As usual, you get *bonus points* for living through this with me. One of these days I'm going to have to time share all of this with you!

Austina, I didn't think I was a ruby person either... but then... !!!

Yenny, Thank you so much!

Mrs B, My collection might be getting a little... uh... out of control.

MamaBear, This setting absolutely exceeds my expectations! Which is a little dangerous, because now I want to get colored stones to put in every one of the I&R "stock" settings. I'm gonna need a bigger jewelry box!

Rubies R Me, Your PS name most definitely speaks to me!

DiamondRingLover, I was very committed to getting a really good ruby, and it turned out to be quite a search! Poor Ilya -- he really jumped through hoops to find this one.

MGR, my spellcheck capitalizes strange stuff too! I have a friend I call Charlie (not his real name... long story... ) and my phone CAPITALIZES THE ENTIRE WORD "CHARLIE" for some reason I cannot figure out.

Lulu, I actually bought a pair of really cook oval pave in-and-out hoops last September that I have literally worn for about 15 minutes... in the house... This mask thing inspired real fear in me!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Lord that is a gorgeous ruby ring!!!!

Seriously, that's a holy grail ring!

Simply divine. I have no other words!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Whoa!

More pics when you can???

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - it’s fantastic! Congratulations.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous collection!!!
Love love love them all! ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gift D. Your gift is buying things that look like a million bucks on you!! That green and that blue are first to catch my eyes, they're SO flattering on you!! And I say that whilst fully acknowledging that they would both look very milquetoast on me!! You know what you wear best and when you find it, you go all in, and I have so much admiration for that :bigsmile:

The ruby... Lush and rich. I confess my first thought was "hmm, why didn't she choose a rich yellow gold for this stone"? And then a heartbeat later - well, obviously, because a cool red in a cool white metal looks best on you :love: :appl:

I love these rings. Not just for what they are (which is pretty f'n snazzy, don't get me wrong!!) but also for how perfectly they suit their wearer. Ilya knows you well... That's more "better" than "worse", trust me, trust him, don't listen to your wallet :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results