clarity

Tribute to our beloved furry family members who are now at Rainbow Bridge

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww he was lovely @Mamabean
Thank you @Austina It’s the strangest thing...Bailey is cream and butterscotch color and is mostly lab but with long hair. Gordie was a golden retriever with reddish long hair....but their faces and eyes are so similiar...I never noticed that before...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't have a picture on me but Tinky was my soul mate and best friend
he wasn't the best cat ever, he was the best friend ever
i cry more for Tinky than i do for mum
too sad to add more

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't have a picture on me but Tinky was my soul mate and best friend
he wasn't the best cat ever, he was the best friend ever
i cry more for Tinky than i do for mum
too sad to add more

Dear Daisy, I understand completely. When our Billy (my soulmate cat) died in 2009 I cried more than I ever have before. And I felt guilty as some here might remember the deep connection I had with my grandma and her death up to that point had been the most tragic death for us. However Billy's death trumped that in a way. And my dear sister told me not to feel guilty. Billy was our child (albeit not a human child but still our child) and we were with him all the time. It's just different. So I made peace with how I was feeling at that time. Of course I miss them both terribly and now Francesca (my other soulmate cat, yes it is possible to have more than one as I found out) is added to the list of my beloved family members who are gone from this earth. There aren't enough tears in this world to express how horribly I miss them all. How sad I am. It is an intense pain. A punch to my gut over and over. I cry every day still many times a day over Francesca. Her death is still fresh and oh so painful.

Sending you hugs in honor of Tinky's memory. He was a lucky cat indeed to have you as his mommy and best friend and soul mate.

Billy during his diabetic check up when we were visiting my sister. He had insulin dependent diabetes during the last 9 years or so of his life. He had a great quality of life despite the diabetes. He was the sweetest baby. We would say hey Billy, time for your insulin shot and he would come running to us. He knew we were doing it for his good and he was an angel on earth. My dear sweet Billy boy. RIP Billy. One day we will join you and be reunited again.

Billyatauntdebbie's.jpg

And Francesca on my lap this past April. We had no clue it was just 2 months before her death. Life is so cruel. She was the most sassy and sweet and smart little girl. I love her so much. I want her back with us so badly. But I know that can never be. And I am grateful for the short time we did have together and hope when the time comes we are all reunited once again. My beloved furbabies and my grandma and all my loved ones who are gone.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 5.45.18 AM.png

She used to sit on my lap when I was in bed having coffee in the morning and posting on PS.

frankieonmylap.png

Love you sweet Francesca.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
43EE8095-01AA-43AB-AFDB-E841D3AD14C5.jpeg
My Gordie...The photo is turning red. I don’t know how to correct it...I’m going to see if I can get someone to fix it...

What a handsome boy! I'm so sorry for your loss @Mamabean. Such a sweet face <3

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to all of you who have recently lost your furbabies. We lost both of our boys back in 2015 (the newfies in my avatar) and I didn't see myself being able to endure that kind of loss again, so I decided I wouldn't get another. After a couple of years went by, we had a nagging feeling feeling that our family wasn't complete. Finally this year we decided to bring home another. He's now 6 months and we love him dearly. Our family feels whole again. I still grieve the loss of my boys, but that's okay. The love and joy our pets bring us is unlike any other!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry to all of you who have recently lost your furbabies. We lost both of our boys back in 2015 (the newfies in my avatar) and I didn't see myself being able to endure that kind of loss again, so I decided I wouldn't get another. After a couple of years went by, we had a nagging feeling feeling that our family wasn't complete. Finally this year we decided to bring home another. He's now 6 months and we love him dearly. Our family feels whole again. I still grieve the loss of my boys, but that's okay. The love and joy our pets bring us is unlike any other!
Congratulations on your new fur baby! I said the same thing after losing my dog Gordie...Two years later I was driving around looking for another puppy to adopt. My dog, Bailey, will really be our last dog...so I’m enjoying him and hoping he lives a really long time. He will be eleven next month.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my girl to cancer in June. She died two weeks from the day she was diagnosed and there was nothing we could do but keep her comfortable. Towards the end, she barely ate more than a spoonful of baby food each day and she was dehydrated. We gave her sub q fluids but we weren’t sure if it was making her severe bloating from the cancer worse. The bloat affected her mobility and even after the vet drained some fluid, she stayed lethargic. She also started hiding more.

I still feel guilty that we didn’t get her diagnosed earlier and I worry that we put her to sleep too soon. I think writing this is helping me see that her quality of life had taken a sharp decline.

C28027D4-0B33-4F73-8601-4F391062834E.jpeg 687C902F-CE14-44D0-A82D-98BC3BFC2BC6.jpeg

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
DSC_0014.JPG This is a photo of my sweet cat Kitty who sadly went missing in 2016. She was about 8 at the time and just the most beautiful, gentle and affectionate fur babe in the world. She is dearly missed still, even though we have our darling Birman babes Jackie and Audrey who are gorgeous! They are inside babies as we just cannot bear to have them go missing and not know where they are like our beloved Kitty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost my girl to cancer in June. She died two weeks from the day she was diagnosed and there was nothing we could do but keep her comfortable. Towards the end, she barely ate more than a spoonful of baby food each day and she was dehydrated. We gave her sub q fluids but we weren’t sure if it was making her severe bloating from the cancer worse. The bloat affected her mobility and even after the vet drained some fluid, she stayed lethargic. She also started hiding more.

I still feel guilty that we didn’t get her diagnosed earlier and I worry that we put her to sleep too soon. I think writing this is helping me see that her quality of life had taken a sharp decline.

C28027D4-0B33-4F73-8601-4F391062834E.jpeg 687C902F-CE14-44D0-A82D-98BC3BFC2BC6.jpeg

I am so sorry for your loss @JPie :(. She was a beautiful girl.
Eerily similar to our Francesca's story in that she died a week after diagnosis with Lymphoma. This past June too. Despite aggressive treatment for the aggressive cancer she had. It was too late. I am so sorry and I wish you wouldn't feel guilty. I know that feeling too well but you did the best you could under the circumstances and you gave her peace when you knew there was no hope. Best gift you could give her. Hindsight is always 20/20 but we don't have crystal balls that can see the future. If only. I feel guilt over not putting Francesca down before that last awful day. But we just didn't know. My sister and her colleague both urged me not to saying everyone could have one bad day but it was her last day and it was awful. I am haunted by that but I am glad she is at peace now. And perhaps playing with your sweet girl at Rainbow Bridge.

Sending you gentle (((hugs)).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSC_0014.JPG This is a photo of my sweet cat Kitty who sadly went missing in 2016. She was about 8 at the time and just the most beautiful, gentle and affectionate fur babe in the world. She is dearly missed still, even though we have our darling Birman babes Jackie and Audrey who are gorgeous! They are inside babies as we just cannot bear to have them go missing and not know where they are like our beloved Kitty.

I am so very sorry for your loss @Weeivy73. Not knowing what happened makes it even harder to deal with. (((Hugs))).

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy my kitty would probably be hissing at yours in the Rainbow Ridge. :lol: She was a sweetheart and love bug with us, but she hated other cats.

Anyway, perhaps we should both agree not to feel guilty. Hugs to you too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@JPie I’m so sorry about your kitty... I feel guilty that I didn’t put Gordie to sleep before he passed away in my kitchen. I won’t do that to Bailey. I think you did the right thing. Her quality of life was declining so it was time. xxxooo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty @JPie, what a beautiful girl...please do not feel guilty. In so many cases by the time cancer is detected it's too late to do anything about it and all you can really do is make your fur baby as comfortable as possible. You took wonderful care of her and did all you could. And you did the right thing at the right time. Please don't feel guilty. You thought of her instead of yourself, and that is the most unselfish and caring thing a pet owner can do. You spared her a lot of further discomfort and pain. I know how devastating it is to make that call but you did the right thing. Sending you love, comfort, and peace. And lots of hugs. <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @missy, try not to feel guilty...it is such a tough call and it's surprising how quickly an ill fur baby can start to go downhill. I noticed a big difference in Zoe from one day to the next and I just didn't see it coming. It is an awful, painful experience so please don't be too hard on yourself. You did everything you could for your sweet Francesca. (((Hugs)))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @Weeivy73 It seems to me that it would be torture worrying where they are...and without closure. My heart goes out to you..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don’t feel guilty @JPie, wouldn’t it be wonderful if they could tell us when something’s wrong?

When I rang for an appt for my girl, they asked if it was urgent, and honestly, we didn’t think it was. She was running around, jumping in and out of the car and seemed fine. Would it have made any difference if we’d taken her a couple of days earlier, no, it wouldn’t, and even though she was suffering for a 24 hrs period right at the end, we knew we wouldn’t let her suffer for a second longer than was necessary. When we went to be with her, she was still slightly dopey from the light sedation they’d given her, we sat with her, talked to her, stroked her, kissed and cuddled her, but as soon as she started whimpering, we asked the vet to make it stop.

It’s been a week today, we miss her every second of every minute, we know eventually this grief will lessen, but we have to remember she relied on us for everything, including making the decision to end her suffering.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please don’t feel guilty @JPie, wouldn’t it be wonderful if they could tell us when something’s wrong?

When I rang for an appt for my girl, they asked if it was urgent, and honestly, we didn’t think it was. She was running around, jumping in and out of the car and seemed fine. Would it have made any difference if we’d taken her a couple of days earlier, no, it wouldn’t, and even though she was suffering for a 24 hrs period right at the end, we knew we wouldn’t let her suffer for a second longer than was necessary. When we went to be with her, she was still slightly dopey from the light sedation they’d given her, we sat with her, talked to her, stroked her, kissed and cuddled her, but as soon as she started whimpering, we asked the vet to make it stop.

It’s been a week today, we miss her every second of every minute, we know eventually this grief will lessen, but we have to remember she relied on us for everything, including making the decision to end her suffering.

There are no words....xxxxxxxxxoooooooo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear Daisy, I understand completely. When our Billy (my soulmate cat) died in 2009 I cried more than I ever have before. And I felt guilty as some here might remember the deep connection I had with my grandma and her death up to that point had been the most tragic death for us. However Billy's death trumped that in a way. And my dear sister told me not to feel guilty. Billy was our child (albeit not a human child but still our child) and we were with him all the time. It's just different. So I made peace with how I was feeling at that time. Of course I miss them both terribly and now Francesca (my other soulmate cat, yes it is possible to have more than one as I found out) is added to the list of my beloved family members who are gone from this earth. There aren't enough tears in this world to express how horribly I miss them all. How sad I am. It is an intense pain. A punch to my gut over and over. I cry every day still many times a day over Francesca. Her death is still fresh and oh so painful.

Sending you hugs in honor of Tinky's memory. He was a lucky cat indeed to have you as his mommy and best friend and soul mate.

Billy during his diabetic check up when we were visiting my sister. He had insulin dependent diabetes during the last 9 years or so of his life. He had a great quality of life despite the diabetes. He was the sweetest baby. We would say hey Billy, time for your insulin shot and he would come running to us. He knew we were doing it for his good and he was an angel on earth. My dear sweet Billy boy. RIP Billy. One day we will join you and be reunited again.

Billyatauntdebbie's.jpg

And Francesca on my lap this past April. We had no clue it was just 2 months before her death. Life is so cruel. She was the most sassy and sweet and smart little girl. I love her so much. I want her back with us so badly. But I know that can never be. And I am grateful for the short time we did have together and hope when the time comes we are all reunited once again. My beloved furbabies and my grandma and all my loved ones who are gone.

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 5.45.18 AM.png

She used to sit on my lap when I was in bed having coffee in the morning and posting on PS.

frankieonmylap.png

Love you sweet Francesca.
I love these photos @missy...The one with you holding her should be in a frame.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean @junebug17 @Austina thank you all for the love and support. As my husband is fond of saying, we always knew that she would break our hearts one day, but we never expected it to be so soon.

Q

Queenie60

@Austina - I am sorry for your loss. Loosing a fur baby is devastating. I lost my Bebe (Havanese dog) last November 5th - she drowned in my Jacuzzi. I continue to harbor guilt - she passed on my birthday:cry2:). I have my little guy Quincy and he will be 14 in January. Quincy survived cancer in July, 2018 and I enjoy him each and every day as he is the puppy love of my life. I dread the day I will be forced to say good bye to my little boy. My heart goes out to you and I wish you well as you heal. Take care.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @Queenie60, that must’ve been so awful to find Bebe like that. Thank you for your kind words, I hope you have many more years with Quincy. We almost lost Dottie In 2016 when she had hermangiosarcoma, but she made it through to spend another 3 1/2 years with us, for which we’re extremely grateful.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry @Queenie60 What a tragic accident...but you can’t foresee every danger out there for them. I love that you call a Quincy your puppy at fourteen. I still think of Bailey as my puppy and he’ll be eleven next month. He’s a big dog..and that worries me because I want to have eleven more years and I know that’s not possible.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been years but I still cannot bear to look at pictures of my cat that passed away. It brings back too much pain. Lived for 15 years and had to be put down when the suffering was too much due to kidney failure. Even to this day, I think about what I could have done better and whether euthanasia was the correct decision.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - I am sorry for your loss. Loosing a fur baby is devastating. I lost my Bebe (Havanese dog) last November 5th - she drowned in my Jacuzzi. I continue to harbor guilt - she passed on my birthday:cry2:). I have my little guy Quincy and he will be 14 in January. Quincy survived cancer in July, 2018 and I enjoy him each and every day as he is the puppy love of my life. I dread the day I will be forced to say good bye to my little boy. My heart goes out to you and I wish you well as you heal. Take care.

I am so sorry for your loss @Queenie60.:cry2: Devastating doesn't begin to describe it. I am so very sorry.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has been years but I still cannot bear to look at pictures of my cat that passed away. It brings back too much pain. Lived for 15 years and had to be put down when the suffering was too much due to kidney failure. Even to this day, I think about what I could have done better and whether euthanasia was the correct decision.

@chrono I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. You did the best you could for your little baby and giving your sweet cat peace is the greatest gift of all when they are near the end of their life. Please dont second guess yourself or feel guilty. None of us have that crystal ball. You gave your cat 15 wonderful years. If only they could all have 15 wonderful years. It is never enough time. (((Hugs))).

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
We lost our kitty, Sophie, suddenly on August 7. She was a rescue (adult) cat. We think she may have been raised with dogs because she wagged her tail and thumped it when she was happy. She also didn't seem to know how to meow properly, but had a sort of bark. She was very sweet and full of personality, and we will miss her tremendously. Sophie was the cat we adopted after our tabby, Emma, passed away in 2012. 441618

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results