shape
carat
color
clarity

Treasures from Pearls of Joy - Kevin's Blog of Hong Kong

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1403899645|3702311 said:
4 Ranch -- Thanks! I agree that these are very special and "forgive them" their off-roundness!

quote]
What makes it even better is that their almost roundness was created naturally with out the help of a round bead starter that Tahitian, SouthSea and akoyas do. I hope you bring these when you come west :mrgreen:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Bsomio, that new Metallic Double Strand from Kevin is breathtaking! Enjoy :)

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo,
Your necklace is absolutely beautiful, and I truly hope you enjoy wearing it. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys! I really love it. it's funny, when i first opened the box what I noticed was the off-roundness of the pearls. As the hours passed, and then I got to see them in natural light the next day, I fell hard.

I've returned them for a little adjustment and for earrings to be made, but as soon as they're back I'll post more pictures! The necklace is very comfortable and feels very "me".

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the tahitian studs that I asked POJ to look for to match my round strand. They don't match the strand I had in mind but go with the baroque one. I don't love how the studs look with the baroques. Somehow the styles just doesn't go together. Couple of shots.

20140702_141126-1_1_.jpg

20140702_140943-1_1_.jpg

20140702_141327_1_.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby monster -- I respectfully disagree. I love how they look together. The smooth texture with the baroques is really pretty. I think they go well with both strands because they are complimentary (either color-wise or round-wise) and not too matchy-matchy. Wear your new earrings in good health!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love the new earrings, especially with the baroque strand. The color match is excellent, and I love smooth round pearls for stud earrings. Such a timeless and classic look.

When I'm putting together pearls, as bsomlo also indicates, I look for something in common, either shape, color, or texture. It doesn't have to be everything. In this case, however, your round strand has such uniform color, that I agree these studs look like a near miss. I'd keep them for the baroque strand, and keep looking for a better match to the round.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your thoughts, bsomlo and Fly Girl. I do like the color match but I'm thinking of changing the settings to drops instead of studs. I think that'll fit better with the baroques.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
baby monster -- what findings are you thinking of using?

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1404326751|3705363 said:
I received the tahitian studs that I asked POJ to look for to match my round strand. They don't match the strand I had in mind but go with the baroque one. I don't love how the studs look with the baroques. Somehow the styles just doesn't go together. Couple of shots.

I'm same line with bsomlo and Fly Girl; they match lovely with baroques. I love to mix different shape pearls as long as colours match. And those studs are so simple and perfect colour; they goes together extremely well. I have only two pair of peals studss and I find them more versatile to dangles.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD :-o :love: :-o :love:

Gosh they are just stunning! I looooove metallic pearls and these are divine! Congrats. :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm typically not a stud person, but I really like your Tahitians as studs. They are a nice proportion to your ear. You won't go wrong with dangles -- but I would leave them as is.

You have a very beautiful neck and I like that there is nothing taking the eye away from the line of your neck. Dangles will "interfere" with the elegant and classic look you have now wearing these pearls as studs with your Tahitian strand.

That's my two cents. Do keep us posted.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Those metallics are huge!

B - that double strand is a stunner! Congrats!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo My goodness your double strand is stunning! You know how I love my round pearls and I didn't even notice that they were off round on your neck. To my eye they read as round and large and lustrous and just beautiful :appl: :appl: :appl: I love the proportion of the double strand on you. Fabulous choice! And the color your keshi pearls are gorgeous! I can't wait to see your photos when you get them back!

baby monster Oh the color of your new Tahitian studs :love: :love: :love: I also like them just as they are with your baroques, but I also like the simplicity of the dangle setting you choose. That is the setting I have from PP and wear with my baroque strand much more often than my studs. But I wear my Kamoka studs way more than the dangles, pretty much every day in summer. GLD!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - I can't get over how gorgeous those metallics are! The colors are amazing and the luster makes me want a strand myself! Or splurge for a double strand!

baby monster - Thanks for sharing your tahitians! I agree with some of the others - if the color matches I would wear them together despite the shape difference. Wear them in the best of health!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I have got to stay away from this forum. Just placed my first POJ order. 7-8mm Vietnamese Blue Akoya earrings. I'm hoping they will match my necklace.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keshi and SSP dangles. Couldn't decide so got both :lickout:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I bought the keshi dangles right when Kevin got back from HK and I love them. They are light as a feather, dove grey/powder blue/silver (depending on the light), metallic. Just lovely!

_20341.jpg

_20344.jpg

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
I bought the blue 10-12 mm freshwater dangles today in white gold - my card was not working so I called the 1-800 number and spoke with Kevin himself. He was very helpful and I should receive my babies in three to five days. It is my first POJ purchase - will post pics when they arrive.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo, I love those pictures with the flowers! The earrings look so great against that backdrop!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone who gets the blue SSPs will love them!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Such beautiful photos ! Gorgeous flowers !! Tell me they are from your garden!!! I do love wildly mixed bunches ! And the earrings are absolutely gorgeous!! I see lots of wear in those over the years to come !! :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - Thanks for the pearl and flower pictures! It makes me want to find a garden with beautiful flowers like that, sit down, close my eyes and dream!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bsomlo, thanks for the photos. You are way ahead of the rest of us on these blues :naughty: .

Can't wait to see you photos ltlmsmfft, SMC and eloisegirl.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1405637471|3715372 said:
I bought the keshi dangles right when Kevin got back from HK and I love them. They are light as a feather, dove grey/powder blue/silver (depending on the light), metallic. Just lovely!

Great photos! Those earrings are stunning!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for indulging me in some artistic expression. The pearls were placed on a gorgeous bouquet given to me by a kind soul (my father is very ill and he wanted to express his sympathy).

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
I just bought some of the Keshi studs. Kevin was nice enough to let me choose from the few pairs that remained. Kicking myself over missing the blue akoya dangles. I had them in my cart and then did not follow through. :(

Now, have to wait for them to wing their way to Australia! This is my third purchase through them, so know they will be worth it. Plus, what a fantastic price!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results