shape
carat
color
clarity

Travel jewels

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
OVincze|1428473382|3858404 said:
I am late to the game and your trip is over by now Diamondboy but I am the same way you and Missy are, I feel the same about replicas. Somehow I would feel different and they would not make me feel the same way, my real jewelry does. I want to be able to look at them even while travelling. Besides, I want my own jewelry that I am used to and I would miss otherwise. That said, I do not take many pieces when I travel; generally one or two sets but even this is way more than most take. I guess I am used to carrying pieces around and what is difference between doing it locally or elsewhere. It is just as likely that I get robbed locally.

Of course this also depends on where you are going, you want real jewelry if you are going to posh places and it depends on the occasions and events you would attend. Generally, when I travel it is either for business or combined and I should wear nice jewelry.

Missy I am shocked you travel so lightly. What do you do with all your boots and beautiful dresses? I have to admit that I am a disaster when I travel. You do see me from a mile away too. I generally have two huge luggages and then also dresses hanging on my ears... :lol: When I come home it is worse as I tend to acquire some nice new stuff while on vacay. Packing both ways but especially back is a real difficult job as luggages do not want to close. I guess I am like a comedy when I travel. I wish I could travel lightly. I have tried it but then I left so much stuff home I needed to go shopping right away. Sorry, I am a bad example and also I am definitely one of those very girlie girls and my vacays are not hiking trips. If I went hiking, cycling, etc., then it would be different.
:appl: lol.... my partner is always telling me "You're going to get robbed" but I keep pushing mynluck :wall: . I was in Bev Hills for 5days so of course I had to bling it up! Yeah, replicas just don't do it for me. For me like you said, it's not about other people thinking it's real or fake it's about me knowing it is. I've even had a vendor offer to make me replicas of all my pieces and they make great stuff. I just cant. Oh, do I ever love shopping for new things on vacation! Especially LA lol! I picked up this baby on Rodeo and I'm just in love! I also bring a three set LV luggage along on my travels. Usually my strapped messenger LV, LV duffle, and large roller LV. I'm addicted to the good stuff lol... Even so, We had to ship home three pretty sizable boxes :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Here's a snap of my new bracelet 11058557_10206516706179582_6824891956036595624_n_0.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I travel very very lightly - only a carry on and basic jewelry. Wear jeans and flip-flops. Figure I can always buy fancy when I arrive if need be : ) and I hate that someone could go through my bags or they could get lost. Just a hassle.

DB, please take your partner at least a bit seriously. My parents were mugged on the grounds of a 5-star hotel in Palm Springs. Aside from the bling she was wearing, my Mom also had some jewelry in her purse and would not let it go, so she was dragged and injured. I believe in the good of MOST people, but you never know.

Pretty bracelet! Now you have me looking for one : )

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne|1428493773|3858490 said:
I travel very very lightly - only a carry on and basic jewelry. Wear jeans and flip-flops. Figure I can always buy fancy when I arrive if need be : ) and I hate that someone could go through my bags or they could get lost. Just a hassle.

DB, please take your partner at least a bit seriously. My parents were mugged on the grounds of a 5-star hotel in Palm Springs. Aside from the bling she was wearing, my Mom also had some jewelry in her purse and would not let it go, so she was dragged and injured. I believe in the good of MOST people, but you never know.

Pretty bracelet! Now you have me looking for one : )
Thank you so much! I'm so sorry to hear about your parents, especially your mom :(( . Sadly, I don't think I'd let go either. I do ALWAYS carry a pocket knife and mace at ALL times. I know that doesn't make me 100% safe, but helps. Was your mom ever able to recover any of her pieces? Someone tried to rob me after work one night/morning (when I was bartending) I pulled my knife and told him he better be ready to kill me because I'm not giving anything up, and apparently he wasn't prepared for that response and walked away. I was only wearing my engagement ring (from ex) and the cash I had made. Even so I usually am very careful. I had to buy a throw away knife in Cali since you can't travel with them and I wasn't sure about mace regulations but I don't think I would want someone carrying mace on a plane with me so I figured I wouldn't risk it. Please share if you do make a purchase of a new bracelet. Love seeing everyone's new pieces! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good, you sound savvy. Your PS mother says ~ be careful out there, kiddo : )

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne|1428579316|3859167 said:
Good, you sound savvy. Your PS mother says ~ be careful out there, kiddo : )
Thanks, PS mama. I could use a jewelry fairy god mother too lol :dance:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ha .well, advice is free.
I was thinking more along the lines of children giving their mamas bling LOL

That bracelet must be blinding in person! Great video...only 20 seconds, though? : (

GCGDanielle

Shiny_Rock
Great bracelet! Thanks for sharing.

I think you may consider protecting your name/identity on this forum. You have an amazing collection, and I worry that linking to your personal youtube provides easy access to your full name, which is easily searched and located across social media. I am just worried about you and thought I should mention this. I hope I don't offend. =)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Diamondboy!!
GCGDanielle is totally right.. I would have never thought of it until she said that. :o
With all your finery you (we all) have to be very careful.
GCGDanielle.. good work!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Cool thread, yes DB congrats on that stunning piece of a bracelet! I agree with you and Missy on loving to go shopping and that every occasion is a good one. That said, it has happened to me that is was not such a great feeling that I travelled lightly. One time with one tiny luggage and I ended up staying much longer with totally different weather and needing a dress to wear the same night that I did not have. I love going shopping just because I feel like it not because I have to right away and get really annoyed when I do not have my usual stuff. Jewelry is light, true, clothes and shoes not so much and I also like taking a lot of my cosmetics with me, makeup, skin care, perfumes, etc. I have attempted to go light, yes but it did not make me feel good, I want to look my best when I travel because I love getting away and special occasions and I would feel really bad if I could not. Maybe this is part of it.

You are totally right Missy, when you are going to your beach house it is different, it is also a permanent location in your life where you already have most of everything you need and like I said it depends on the occasion and you normally do not take fancy stuff to the beach.

I definitely see the point of others cautioning us but I could never get myself to wear zirc and other fake stuff. I guess when you need to, have good insurance, then you can wear whatever you like. Surely, we do not need to wear very blingy jewelry but to me wearing a 5 carat lookalike is just as dangerous as wearing the real thing, it defeats the purpose, though the piece stays safe if it stays home but a person wearing a 5 ct size fake may get robbed too and with good insurance you are protected against theft.That said, no I would not take a 5 carater with me though but I do not own one either. The problem is the attachment that some of us would try to fight them. DB, mace is a great idea.

I guess in the end I really come to the point that if I take a subway locally in Vienna it is not safer than walking down the streets in Prague or Amtwerp, so it really does not make a difference in that regard. For airplanes I think wearing a travel belt under my dress for extra pieces makes me feel pretty safe.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GCGDanielle|1428614193|3859460 said:

I think you may consider protecting your name/identity on this forum. You have an amazing collection, and I worry that linking to your personal youtube provides easy access to your full name, which is easily searched and located across social media. I am just worried about you and thought I should mention this. I hope I don't offend. =)

I saw that too and wondered if I should do more mothering. Thank you for saying it.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
GCGDanielle|1428614193|3859460 said:

Thanks, and thanks for that great advice! Never really thought of it like that, but you're certainly right. I have since changed my name on YouTube to remain anonymous. I really wish Pricescope supported videos. Just think how much more time we'd all spend on here drooling over the bling. Thanks again for your concern, I really appreciate it. :wavey:

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne|1428610781|3859435 said:
ha .well, advice is free.
I was thinking more along the lines of children giving their mamas bling LOL

That bracelet must be blinding in person! Great video...only 20 seconds, though? : (

Lol, you should see some of the beautiful pieces I have given my mama. One user here actually accused me of "playing with mommy's jewelry" which actually made me chuckle. Because I have a far more extensive collection than her. If anything she's always playing with my jewels hehe (I always let her borrow any pieces she wants). I changed my name on YouTube to stay safe but here's another video I just posted that's a little longer and slower movement. I just can't stop starring at 'sparkle', that's her name :appl:
https://youtu.be/oav-oyY9l30

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
OVincze|1428646955|3859692 said:
Cool thread, yes DB congrats on that stunning piece of a bracelet! I agree with you and Missy on loving to go shopping and that every occasion is a good one. That said, it has happened to me that is was not such a great feeling that I travelled lightly. One time with one tiny luggage and I ended up staying much longer with totally different weather and needing a dress to wear the same night that I did not have. I love going shopping just because I feel like it not because I have to right away and get really annoyed when I do not have my usual stuff. Jewelry is light, true, clothes and shoes not so much and I also like taking a lot of my cosmetics with me, makeup, skin care, perfumes, etc. I have attempted to go light, yes but it did not make me feel good, I want to look my best when I travel because I love getting away and special occasions and I would feel really bad if I could not. Maybe this is part of it.

You are totally right Missy, when you are going to your beach house it is different, it is also a permanent location in your life where you already have most of everything you need and like I said it depends on the occasion and you normally do not take fancy stuff to the beach.

I definitely see the point of others cautioning us but I could never get myself to wear zirc and other fake stuff. I guess when you need to, have good insurance, then you can wear whatever you like. Surely, we do not need to wear very blingy jewelry but to me wearing a 5 carat lookalike is just as dangerous as wearing the real thing, it defeats the purpose, though the piece stays safe if it stays home but a person wearing a 5 ct size fake may get robbed too and with good insurance you are protected against theft.That said, no I would not take a 5 carater with me though but I do not own one either. The problem is the attachment that some of us would try to fight them. DB, mace is a great idea.

I guess in the end I really come to the point that if I take a subway locally in Vienna it is not safer than walking down the streets in Prague or Amtwerp, so it really does not make a difference in that regard. For airplanes I think wearing a travel belt under my dress for extra pieces makes me feel pretty safe.

:appl: I totally agree. If you're rocking a fake piece, chances are its gong to be big. A thug robbing you doesn't want to hear "Oh, this is a fake" they're just going to mug you, take it and find out for their self. I just don't feel like me when I have fake stuff on. I literally can't pack light lol. I've tried and it sucks. You need options for every occasion when on vacation. I would never check my jewelry. I always carry it on in my personal bag and always have my Louie duffle for my more valuable clothing pieces and shoes. Lord knows, some of my shoes cost as much as some of my jewelry lol. Plus, being on vacation is a time to feel special and your best. I would hate to want to wear a piece that I didn't bring. Like you said jewelry is very light and pretty easy to travel with as long as you have a spot and a plan. I try to bring my absolute favorite pieces then add a couple more for food measure 8-) If you already live in an urban city, chances are you already know what's up when it comes to protecting your stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results