shape
carat
color
clarity

Trade in with White Flash

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all, I need help from you guys to tell me which diamond will you go for?

I purchased a diamond with WF about a year ago, and I do go on their web site once in a while to look, and I came across this diamond that is .20 ct bigger that the one I purchased but technically the same price. So I asked to trade in.

Will you trade in if you were in my case? Can someone help me compare these two diamonds?

I can tell my current diamond have better clarity, but with naked eyes I won’t tell the difference since they are both eye clean, and the arrows with my current diamond is fatter.

Am I wrong to think the 2.7ct is a better value?

what do you think?

this is the new diamond.

current diamond

Last edited:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Do you move the look of your current stone? It looks like the MM is 8.8 vs 8.9 so not a huge difference.

Can someone chime in about if you have to pay the full tax amount on the stone during an upgrade from WF? If so, I’d have to wonder if the 1,500-2k in taxes would be worth the size difference. If taxes aren’t a thing or are minimal, why not!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perhaps trading in a diamond for a new one is the same as trading in a used car for a new one, where the value of your trade is deducted off of the cost of the new one? I can't see having to pay full tax on the new diamond.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Do you move the look of your current stone? It looks like the MM is 8.8 vs 8.9 so not a huge difference.

Can someone chime in about if you have to pay the full tax amount on the stone during an upgrade from WF? If so, I’d have to wonder if the 1,500-2k in taxes would be worth the size difference. If taxes aren’t a thing or are minimal, why not!

When you upgrade with WF, you need to pay taxes on the difference only. (USA, not sure about international)

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been trying to look at the video to see which one I will prefer. I’m not sure if it’s my eyes or what. Is it possible that one diamond can have a more clear arrows that the other? And I feel that my current diamond have more fire and sparkle?
I’m just trying to make sure I don’t regret trading in.

This is my current diamond

595C70E5-8A14-410A-840A-477B141BB315.png

New diamond

602E25C1-9A68-4107-81D8-FD3F23E897B0.png

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't see having to pay full tax on the new diamond.

I honestly think that tax is paid on the entire new stone price, not just the difference. I may be wrong but I think I have read that here. I’ll try to find the thread this was discussed in.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly think that tax is paid on the entire new stone price, not just the difference. I may be wrong but I think I have read that here. I’ll try to find the thread this was discussed in.

I had confirm the trading in will just need to pay tax on the difference.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great. Thanks. I was searching for that thread for you. I’m glad that is the policy, as it should be.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Great. Thanks. I was searching for that thread for you. I’m glad that is the policy, as it should be.

That good to know! I really thought I had read that it was due on the whole amount so I thought it would be unlikely that I would upgrade.

CBPearllover

Shiny_Rock
For what my 2 cents are worth: I actually like your original diamond better and would keep it! I love the lower LGF for fatter arrows, and something about it.... seems like a "crisper" stone? I know you said they're both eye-clean, but the inclusion plot on your current one seems much more forgiving. Since you're a PS'er, I wonder if you would eventually be able to locate that "prominent" crystal under the table of the new stone. Then it wouldn't be mind-clean, and you'd miss your old stone? Maybe that's just what I would do :lol: if you're going through the hassle of an upgrade, I'd wait until you find one 0.2mm larger or more, so you can really see the size difference after!

You have a lovely stone and great taste, good luck!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not going to compare stats bc there are PS’ers on here that know their stats and I’m more of a visual person. But, since you are upping size and no other C, I would keep looking. Only bc it seems like size is important to you and I’m not sure visually there’s much of a difference between current diamond and the one you are looking at. Plus you have a really nice diamond already. Just my 2 cents.

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock

I just upgraded in March (and last year in September). Definitely only paid tax on the difference. *thumbs up

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
For what my 2 cents are worth: I actually like your original diamond better and would keep it! I love the lower LGF for fatter arrows, and something about it.... seems like a "crisper" stone? I know you said they're both eye-clean, but the inclusion plot on your current one seems much more forgiving. Since you're a PS'er, I wonder if you would eventually be able to locate that "prominent" crystal under the table of the new stone. Then it wouldn't be mind-clean, and you'd miss your old stone? Maybe that's just what I would do :lol: if you're going through the hassle of an upgrade, I'd wait until you find one 0.2mm larger or more, so you can really see the size difference after!

You have a lovely stone and great taste, good luck!

Hi there, to me as long as I don’t see in within 30 seconds of starting at it I am ok. I can tell my stone is more crips and more fire in the video. Maybe that is why the stone I have is equal price to a diamond that is .2ct larger. It’s $0 trade in for me, I only have to pay for shipping, that why is difficult for me to decide.

Something interesting about the more crips diamond on WF is that I found when a diamond is more crips, there arrow picture would have a darker blue color.
Am I making any sense?
I attached some pictures here to see if anyone see what I am talking about.

my current

5A235859-F8B2-48A9-8606-534526076969.png

New diamond that I am thinking about trading
E347EEB2-291E-4909-ADDA-E8C042F133B6.png

another one with crips arrows

902DB760-8553-4D63-8E3E-30F0634F2FD8.png

Last edited:

heretofindoutmore

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I need help from you guys to tell me which diamond will you go for?

I purchased a diamond with WF about a year ago, and I do go on their web site once in a while to look, and I came across this diamond that is .20 ct bigger that the one I purchased but technically the same price. So I asked to trade in.

Will you trade in if you were in my case? Can someone help me compare these two diamonds?

I can tell my current diamond have better clarity, but with naked eyes I won’t tell the difference since they are both eye clean, and the arrows with my current diamond is fatter.

Am I wrong to think the 2.7ct is a better value?

what do you think?

this is the new diamond.

current diamond

Don't mind if I share my thoughts with what I have learnt from this community which I have enjoyed thus far!

If it's paying tax on the difference, I would probably trade in.
Because 0.2ct would be obvious :)

As for the arrows, what I have learnt is that fatter arrows gives out bolder fire where thinner arrows in return gives out tinier fire.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Don't mind if I share my thoughts with what I have learnt from this community which I have enjoyed thus far!

If it's paying tax on the difference, I would probably trade in.
Because 0.2ct would be obvious :)

As for the arrows, what I have learnt is that fatter arrows gives out bolder fire where thinner arrows in return gives out tinier fire.

Thank you for your input. That’s what I thought and asked for an upgrade. $0 dollar trade in, all I have to do is pay for shipping, why not right? The hassle is shipping my ring, they have to remove the diamond from my ring and set it again if it fit my setting. If not then I might have to find new setting.

Also both of me and my mom was able to spot 0.05 different on a2.5ct diamond. So this one is .1mm size different. I will see it for sure. I have size 8.5 finger... ever little bit count lol.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so here’s what the new stone on the left looks like size wise compared to your current stone on the right, based on a size 6 finger,

FA82950F-42C7-4004-B585-ADF1080C936F.jpeg

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so here’s what the new stone on the left looks like size wise compared to your current stone on the right, based on a size 6 finger,

FA82950F-42C7-4004-B585-ADF1080C936F.jpeg

Oh my! I definitely see the difference. Thank you! I have size 8-8.5 finger and every little bit count lol:D

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
The pictures below are my actual finger size and they say the difference face up is 3%.

B43A5E17-FFD1-4AAA-9CE8-E9BA22BC0CB3.jpeg A84E9CCA-2987-4B17-B86B-2161377ABEF9.jpeg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps you can get it ask them to put your old stone on hold and work out which one you like best that way there are no regrets, you end up with the stone that appeals the most to you....

heretofindoutmore

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your input. That’s what I thought and asked for an upgrade. $0 dollar trade in, all I have to do is pay for shipping, why not right? The hassle is shipping my ring, they have to remove the diamond from my ring and set it again if it fit my setting. If not then I might have to find new setting.

Also both of me and my mom was able to spot 0.05 different on a2.5ct diamond. So this one is .1mm size different. I will see it for sure. I have size 8.5 finger... ever little bit count lol.

No problem at all!
Well, that's my take as well for a $0 trade & get to see the difference! ;)2
Maybe you can check with them regarding the setting first, if its gonna be 80-90% chance of setting the new diamond on the current setting, then I would go for it!
You're right, every little bit count! I am still looking to upgrade mine as well :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been trying to look at the video to see which one I will prefer. I’m not sure if it’s my eyes or what. Is it possible that one diamond can have a more clear arrows that the other? And I feel that my current diamond have more fire and sparkle?
I’m just trying to make sure I don’t regret trading in.

This is my current diamond

595C70E5-8A14-410A-840A-477B141BB315.png

New diamond

602E25C1-9A68-4107-81D8-FD3F23E897B0.png

i don't know which one is which but the facet pattern on the first one looks prettier to me ...does one of them appeal to you instictively more than the other?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
i don't know which one is which but the facet pattern on the first one looks prettier to me ...does one of them appeal to you instictively more than the other?

The first one is my current diamond. And from the video it will be my current diamond that appeal to me. But I am thinking they are both great cut, from WF ACA. I don’t know how much I can really tell in person, but size wise I know I can tell for sure.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Is there a way you could wait a bit and/or put a bit more funds into it and get something where you can easily spot the difference? In other words instead of fixating on this one stone the cut of which you do not really love, search for a few others and/or consider going down in color? I am pretty much always all for bigger but here I do not think the difference in size is really discernible. I would aim to get a stone that is at least 0.2 larger in diameter.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a way you could wait a bit and/or put a bit more funds into it and get something where you can easily spot the difference? In other words instead of fixating on this one stone the cut of which you do not really love, search for a few others and/or consider going down in color? I am pretty much always all for bigger but here I do not think the difference in size is really discernible. I would aim to get a stone that is at least 0.2 larger in diameter.

Hi there, I did see they have a K color that is close to 3ct, but I am not sure how comfortable I would be with the color. I’m not really looking into spending more as well if I don’t have to. Upgrading to a much bigger diamond, will not only be more money on diamond, I also have to change setting. I hope to enjoy the setting for longer.

If I go back to the time when I make the purchase, these two diamonds were available, and same price, I would pick the 2.7 over 2.5 for sure. I feel they are both ACA, ideal cut, the difference in for and brilliance might not be a huge difference, but to my eye I will be able to the size different. My mom’s diamond is 8.75mm and my current is 8.8mm and I was able to tell and she said my diamond look bigger too. So .2ct .1mm I can definitely tell. $0 trade in... why not?

I will have them show me more diamond on Monday to see how I feel about a bigger diamond, and to make sure if it can fit in the same setting tho, but my comfort zone is at J color. I can see the tiny in J but it doesn’t bother me, anything with more tint I might have issue with.

Last edited:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes I understand! But I am struggling to see how this makes sense and I absolutely believe in upgrading! I just do not think it will scratch that itch for you kwim! In fact a bit afraid that since you love the fat arrows of your stone, you may end up regretting especially because the size difference once in a setting will not be discernible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results