shape
carat
color
clarity

trade-in diamond or whole ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
I know that I can trade in the diamond from my ring, but I would like to consider a whole new setting. Does anyone know if Whiteflash takes some of the ''ring'' and sidestones as a partial trade-in?

I know that I could contact them directly but I was just curious if anyone else had done this...
31.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I wrote Whiteflash the other day about trade-ins...They were really nice but will not take a trade-in unless it was purchased from them.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Consignment somewhere else?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe only the diamond is eligible for trade-in after the 10 day return period is up.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
if it''s a platinum setting you could still gets something significant out of it by selling it for scrap. don''t know about the sidestones you have but the platinum scrap would probably get you a couple hundred

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 12:13:01 AM
Author: DBM
if it''s a platinum setting you could still gets something significant out of it by selling it for scrap. don''t know about the sidestones you have but the platinum scrap would probably get you a couple hundred
Doubt that''s what she''s looking for....

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
If you have a prong setting,........... Maybe you can upgrade the diamond with White Flash and consign your setting with another jeweler. Pearlman''s has a list of pre-owned rings and settings available. Or maybe you could consign the ring thru a local jeweler. One way to get some of your money back.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As neverland said, you can consign your setting with pearlman''s. Also, consider putting a colored gemstone or a CZ in the setting for sentimental purposes. It could give a new look to your ring!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second/third the suggestion that you can trade in the stone with WF and then do the setting on consignment through Pearlman''s or someone else.

Londonchris

Rough_Rock
You will only get scrap value for the ring anyway and any stones will be bought at scrap ( Less than trade ) so don`t be upset by the small sum.
Think of re-using the ring/stones sometime.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 2:30:36 PM
Author: Mara
I second/third the suggestion that you can trade in the stone with WF and then do the setting on consignment through Pearlman''s or someone else.

ditto..

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys!

I did indeed buy the whole thing from Whiteflash and ofcourse I love it, but..... every now and then I fall in love with another style of ring and *sigh* I have been suckered in by the ''bigger is better'' phenomenon.

BUT, I wouldn''t want a bigger stone in my present setting. I might consider trading in the platinum and pear side stones for the scrap value. Or I suppose that I could have something made out of them - hmm, cute earrings perhaps!

Not planning anything imminent. Just thinking out loud.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were me, I''d keep the old setting and set a beautiful sapphire in the center...pink, blue, or violet!!! It would make a very pretty right hand ring!

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree you should keep the ring and just trade-in the most expensive part - the diamond.

If budget is a real issue sapphire/ruby (especially the former) could look potentially stunning.

Then, if the ring had some sentimental value to it - you'll have some extra bling and much better value for your money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results