shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Tourmaline Three Stone - David Klass

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
This is a Christmas gift for my Mother-in-Law who loves jewelry, but doesn't really have much of her own.

The Details
  • Size 6.75
  • 18K Gold
  • 1.75 ct Chrome Green Tourmaline from Precision Gem (purchased in 2018)
  • Side stones are K OEC, 0.30 ct each (tcw 0.60)
  • Made by David Klass
I'll post some more pictures once I have in hand, but I got these teaser pictures tonight and couldn't help myself.

Anything I need to call out to David before it ships?

DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--1.jpg DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--2.jpg DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--3.jpg DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--4.jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In CAD 4 - It seems like the right diamond has less of the upside down V. Or put another way - it isn’t as spread out as the left upside down v. So the right diamond looks more scrunched in. Does that make sense? The right side has more of an angle than the left I think.

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
I think I understand, there is more negative space/material taken away on the pink arrow area, and less on the blue arrow area.

Do you think someone got a little heave on the polishing on the pink arrow area? I'm guessing the right/blue arrow area could be matched, do you think? I didn't even see that when I posted.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 10.37.23 PM.png

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I understand, there is more negative space/material taken away on the pink arrow area, and less on the blue arrow area.

Do you think someone got a little heave on the polishing on the pink arrow area? I'm guessing the right/blue arrow area could be matched, do you think? I didn't even see that when I posted.

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 10.37.23 PM.png

Exactly! But I think in looking at it again that the right diamond is angled more than the left.
it may very well be the tilt of the ring in the photo too. Ask DK to confirm the diamond angles basically match.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Its a beautiful ring!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it turned out beautifully and what tiny difference that may show in these blown up photos will probably not show on the actual ring. It might be that it could be polished a bit more, but I certainly wouldn't ask them to remake the ring over this. I don't see any difference in the angles though, that Caf mentioned. They look the same to me for what that's worth.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In CAD 4 - It seems like the right diamond has less of the upside down V. Or put another way - it isn’t as spread out as the left upside down v. So the right diamond looks more scrunched in. Does that make sense? The right side has more of an angle than the left I think.

Are you looking at some other images? These are not CADs. These are pictures of the actual ring.

So agree with @Lookinagain . That is such a mirror detail blown up huge. It may just be the photo and tilt and
even if it isnt its such a tiny detail that wouldnt even "ping" in my book.

I think its a beautiful ring! Your MIL is one lucky lady!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, wow, wow!! This is beautiful! What a wonderful gift!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That green with the buttery gold..... :lickout:

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
That green with the buttery gold..... :lickout:

LOL, my MIL was an auburn/darker red head/ginger feature before she went gray. She has very specific tastes in clothing, greens, warmer purples, rust colors, etc. She always describes herself as an 'autumn' gal, so I think this will be right up her alley.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, my MIL was an auburn/darker red head/ginger feature before she went gray. She has very specific tastes in clothing, greens, warmer purples, rust colors, etc. She always describes herself as an 'autumn' gal, so I think this will be right up her alley.

Your MIL is a very lucky lady, and I am certain she'll love the ring as well as the very nice gesture.

DK :kiss2:

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
This is a Christmas gift for my Mother-in-Law who loves jewelry, but doesn't really have much of her own.

The Details
  • Size 6.75
  • 18K Gold
  • 1.75 ct Chrome Green Tourmaline from Precision Gem (purchased in 2018)
  • Side stones are K OEC, 0.30 ct each (tcw 0.60)
  • Made by David Klass
I'll post some more pictures once I have in hand, but I got these teaser pictures tonight and couldn't help myself.

Anything I need to call out to David before it ships?

DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--1.jpg DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--2.jpg DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--3.jpg DKPV2020-11-19---62037---TSG--4.jpg

Omg what a wonderful gift’ she’ll be thrilled!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god please don’t ask to have him redo this. That space is absolutely negligible if it’s even there. Your mother in law will love this and there is absolutely *nothing wrong with it*

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
I talked to DK about it, he said the ring wasn't laying perfectly flush when stood up/ pictures being taken, and reminded me that the diamonds are actually 0.30ct and 0.31ct, so slightly different shape. Also, everyone in the family wears classes, so I don't think it would be noticed even if it was an issue.
I think it is great and just going to leave as is.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to DK about it, he said the ring wasn't laying perfectly flush when stood up/ pictures being taken, and reminded me that the diamonds are actually 0.30ct and 0.31ct, so slightly different shape. Also, everyone in the family wears classes, so I don't think it would be noticed even if it was an issue.
I think it is great and just going to leave as is.

Good decision. Even if the family didn't need glasses, I doubt this minuscule detail, if it even exists in real life, would be noticed. It's a beautiful ring. Don't let this get into your head so that it makes you feel that it is less than that. Your MIL will love it and the thought behind it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg. That’s lovely!! Not usually a green person but yummy!!!! What a beautiful gift!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! I love how delicate and feminine it looks. All the little details add up to a truly gorgeous ring. Your mother in law is going to be thrilled! :kiss2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Volvoqueen
Yay!
Congratulations on JOTW!
Gorgeous outcome - well done!
(Did you get your sketch framed yet? :) )

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks! I've been so swamped with work and moving, I haven't been on as much. It is really nice to have a community of folks that dig into the details and appreciate tiny things that really make a difference!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results