shape
carat
color
clarity

Total Cake Disasters--Sad but Hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Doodle, can I just thank you for posting this because it is the funniest thing I''ve seen all day. I''m laughing SO HARD...oh my lord, these are great!!

Our dog took a massive bite out of our cake and I literally couldn''t stop laughing about it when I was trying to fill lthe bite with flowers. The cake ended up looking hilariously awful, but it tasted great!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh my goodness
7.gif
I am so glad our wedding cake didn''t turn out that way
14.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry but I just had to laugh...

Some of those cakes are really funny. I''m wondering how they could have gone so terribly wrong though? Don''t you see other ''works'' before you decide on who you''ll use???

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I don''t understand how that happened (unless they gave a picture to someone who said "oh I can bake your wedding cake so you can save money") I can''t believe a professional would deliver something like that. It would be such negative publicity for their business.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 2:12:46 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Doodle, can I just thank you for posting this because it is the funniest thing I''ve seen all day. I''m laughing SO HARD...oh my lord, these are great!!

Our dog took a massive bite out of our cake and I literally couldn''t stop laughing about it when I was trying to fill lthe bite with flowers. The cake ended up looking hilariously awful, but it tasted great!

okay, that made me laugh so hard i snorted, and now my cat''s glaring at me. the more i think about it, the funnier it gets!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
I have a PATHETIC admission to make:

I have looked at all of them, and it STILL doesn''t motivate me to care. I know, I suck
14.gif

Our venue''s package includes a wedding cake from a wedding-cake bakery here in town and NO LIE, they had to call ME to see when I was showing up for the cake tasting and design consultation. I was sooooooooo apathetic that the woman on the phone clearly thought I was crazy:

THEM: Hi, this the bakery that does wedding cakes for Venue X. I see your wedding is less than 3 months out, and I am wondering when you''d like to come in for your design consult and tasting?

ME: Oh, hi...I totally forgot about this, I''m sorry....so, what comes free with this package?

THEM (slight pause, I guess the girl was shocked): Just a standard white buttercream in chocolate or vanilla or a combo of both, with some white sugarpaste flowers on top.

ME: That sounds pretty good, actually. Can we do the big layer chocolate, the little one vanilla?

THEM: You....don''t want....to, um, choose the design or taste anything....at, um...at all?

ME: No, it''s fine, just let me know if anything we''ve talked about requires an upgrade fee.

THEM: uh....no. You, ah...you picked the package cake. You only get charged if you choose fillings, flavors, designs...things like that.....

ME: Oh, OK. That''s great. Thank you for your time!

THEM: Do...do you want me to fax you or e-mail you a picture of what it looks like?

ME: ??? It looks like a little round buttercream wedding cake, I guess??? You really don''t have to trouble yourself, but thank you for the offer...

THEM: Um...I''d feel more comfortable if you signed off on the design....

ME: Oh, yeah, sure, of course, fax it over! I''ll send it right back signed....

THEM: You, uh...you don''t want your fiance to taste anything or see anything?

ME: We''re good....

THEM: Um.... OK? I''ll send you the approval form....

I think the girl was genuinely stunned that I truly don''t give a ****. It''s cake right? A teeny little white cake for 50 people...as long as they don''t put salt in there instead of sugar, I''ll be A-OK.
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Yay, cakewrecks! FI and I are having a cake wreck on purpose, because we find the site so hilarious. We love the sheet cakes so much more, so that is what we are doing, but we also thought about having a decoration wreck if we do the brides cake and grooms cake. Funniest food site ever!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 5:16:21 PM
Author: newsboysgrl777
HA...I''ve been to this site many times before, but I have to say THIS one ''takes the cake'' above ANY others I''ve EVER seen!!

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/05/when-brides-have-no-budget-or-taste.html

In case you don''t want to click the link, I''ll leave you with something that''s worth a thousand words...

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Eat me" doesn''t it?
14.gif

What do they save in the freezer for their first anniversary? Her head? Hannibal-the-cannibal style? Can you imagine looking for ice in their house?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love cake wreaks! Love it!!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 4:52:38 PM
Author: Gypsy
Wow. Wow. Wow. I have tears in my eyes from stifled laughter. That last one in the second post was... astonishing.
I love this site!! The last one in the second post is actually a girl''s cake from my local knot board from this past summer. She had a beautiful wedding, with this one exception and had an amazing sense of humor about it... much better than I would have had I am afraid.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Cake Wrecks blog. It makes me laugh out loud every time. I think she''s writing a Cake Wrecks book! All of those glorious disasters together in print! I can''t wait!

**The cake that is a replica of the bride is distrubing. Who decides to have that made? On the other hand, you do have to give some credit to the baker- the cake does look like the lady. Except for the weird hands and huge boobage.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results