shape
carat
color
clarity

Top heavy/unbalanced bracelet - any suggestions on a fix?

AEmgee

Rough_Rock
I received a diamond bolo bracelet (see image) as a gift, but the bolo part of it was driving me nuts as it was always getting in the way (e.g., heating up when cooking!).

I had a jeweler modify the bracelet to remove the bolo and change it to have a lobster clasp but now the bracelet is extremely top heavy/unbalanced and always rotates on my wrist to be upside down (diamonds on the bottom, lobster clasp on the top of the wrist).

Does anybody have any suggestion(s) as to how to reduce the tendency to spin? Would adding some kind of counterweight to the clasp side help balance it out and if so, what could be added?

Thanks for any and all suggestions! 82282_main.jpg

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It either needs to be: 1) snug; or 2) counterbalanced. It was counterbalanced, I am guessing, by the disc-like "keep" that the free ends slip through. Do you still have it?

AEmgee

Rough_Rock
It either needs to be: 1) snug; or 2) counterbalanced. It was counterbalanced, I am guessing, by the disc-like "keep" that the free ends slip through. Do you still have it?

Thanks for your reply! The "keep" is no longer available. Any suggestion as to what else could serve as a counterbalance?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The "keep" is no longer available. Any suggestion as to what else could serve as a counterbalance?

Maybe a nickel or a quarter? :cool2:

A few captive white-gold beads of the same diameter as the diamond elements? It would be good to have an excess and you could add or subtract as needed -- a little like pearls.

I can't tell how much of the "anti-roll" function was contributed by cinching the bolo. Did you wear it fairly snug or loose?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When the bolo was removed, and replaced with the new clasp, why didn’t the jeweler return the bolo? I am assuming it was the same precious metal..white gold.. as the rest of the bracelet. I know any such repaired and replacements were always returned with the discarded or broken pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results