shape
carat
color
clarity

TOO BIG???

Is this puppy TOO BIG?

• YES, you look straight off of Real Housewives. Gaudy!

Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Too WHAT, now? (hell no!)

Votes: 65 85.5%

• Total voters

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone. I think it looks perfect on your hand. :appl: :appl: :appl:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's not too big for your hand. I say if it's affordable, buy it. Nobody says you have to wear it everywhere and every day. You can always get a small diamond or a sim stone for an everyday ring if your job or community are worries and you want to not be a target for theft or harassment. Just because everyone can't / doesn't have one is no reason to deprive yourself of a big diamond that you love.

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
your tall.. you can carry that rock! its to die for! :love: :love:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't see a puppy in the pictures you posted so I didn't vote in your poll. :naughty:

However, to answer your question, NO. I wear a 2 carat on a 5.25 finger, look at pictures, and think, huh, I could go bigger. You will get used to the size and it won't feel as large. Set it lower, as a higher setting will magnify the appearance that it is large.

If you love it, don't feel guilty. WEAR THAT LOVELY DIAMOND!

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all for such kind responses to what can sometimes be a :roll: question. I really appreciate it! I have some other options for you all to consider. I will have to start another thread on that!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Veltiesmom|1444954229|3938716 said:
Thanks to all for such kind responses to what can sometimes be a :roll: question. I really appreciate it! I have some other options for you all to consider. I will have to start another thread on that!

Fwiw, I think it looks lovely on you! Looking forward to your next thread! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mean to offend, but I had to smile when I saw that the posters who thought it was too big have just joined PS in the last little while. When I came to PS I felt the same way and would not go over one carat, which looked huge to me.
How spending time on PS changes things! LOL

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

Hi did you go for that amazing diamond ? or did you let it slip away to a new home

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Sphene|1444999115|3938842 said:

Hi did you go for that amazing diamond ? or did you let it slip away to a new home

I'm still mulling it over... I have a lovely 3.50 K VS1 here that's also vying for the job! Funny thing though, I thought I had eliminated the 4.02 L as TOO BIG, but then I pulled it out again today, and somehow it had SHRUNK overnight! :naughty:

Another thread on the K vs. L to come...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1444986542|3938810 said:
I don't mean to offend, but I had to smile when I saw that the posters who thought it was too big have just joined PS in the last little while. When I came to PS I felt the same way and would not go over one carat, which looked huge to me.

Maybe its her DH trying to convince her not to spend so much money! :bigsmile:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks perfect!

:sun: :lickout:

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Can you imagine what the average size was in 2002?! :lol: :lol: 1 ct was big, a milestone of sorts. Boy things change. :sun:

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
The votes speak loud and clear! It definitely is huge, but stunning! I think if put in a simple setting, or even a solitary, would work out wonderful! I'm a size gal! :)

I want to share that I just bought a diamond slightly over two cts. Sometimes I look at it and think it looks "not so big" (it's still loose). I don't realize its size and untill I place it beside my 1 ct. With that said, I think it will shrink before your eyes & might not look as ginormous in a little bit!

Stunning diamond! Go for it!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Looks fantastic on you.

I love the faceting, as well.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very good on you, but I wouldn't like the attention a stone that size attracts and I think many people might consider it to be synthetic. So for me, I'd go smaller and higher colored. But you know what? What I like doesn't matter one bit! It's clear you love it.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you love it, wear it!!! We only live once.

Anne

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
I wish I had this problem :loopy:

I voted NOT too big of course!

baroque

Shiny_Rock

+1 that's too funny...I was thinking the same thing! I say never too many and never too big, but agree that setting in in a simple setting will keep it classy. I would so love to rock that honker! DSS sets in really fast...especially if you hang around here long!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
The size wouldn't bother me, but the color would, so for me, I'd pass. I'd go down in size a bit and look for a stone with less warmth. Best of luck on your choice =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results