shape
carat
color
clarity

Tongue firmly in cheek... a politically incorrect thread,

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Tongue firmly in cheek... a politically incorrect thread

"You know Auntie X, the only way to know for sure something goes to the person you want it to is to give that item to that person yourself. It doesn't matter what's in your will. Possession really is 9/10 of the law."

I'm not sure who told my grandmother this in her later years, but she took it to heart and started giving things away. She gave me some things that belonged to my great-grandparents that were clearly in her will to go to my cousins. I love the fact my citrus juicer was in my great-grandmother's kitchen for umpteen years.

And how much older is she? Not to be morbid, but could you be too old to really enjoy it by the time she dies? This comes from the first time my parents went to a financial advisor. He asked them what they wanted out of retirement, blah, blah, blah. One of my dad's answers was that he wanted to able to help me and my brother financially. The guy asked how old we both were. My parents are only 18 years older than me, so the guy said not to wait too long with me, because I would have one foot on a banana peel myself. He was brutally honest, to say the least.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results