shape
carat
color
clarity

Tomorrow I have to say goodbye to Ruby (black and white cat in my avatar pic).

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
She's 15 years old and has been battling kidney disease. Despite being on IV fluids and eating special food, she has lost a dramatic amount of weight and is weak. I can tell she feels bad because she is hiding. It's so sad. She's 15 years old and that is up there for a cat, but my other cat is 19 and going strong! Most of my cats I have had growing up and as an adult have lived beyond 20, so despite her "old" age, this is still sad and unexpected for me. I already made the appointment and I am bringing her in tomorrow. I am just sad - it hasn't quite hit yet though. It will be very strange not to just have her around the house with me. I may or may not change my avatar photo just because I am unsure how painful it will be to look at. For those of you who lost your furbabies I hate what you had to go through. I plan to be with her through the process; I recently learned that most pet owners are not which was a big surprise to me. Anyway just keep us in your thoughts. Photos are from when she was plump and healthy. :cry2:

1652139206240.png

1652139232178.png
1652139276418.png

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I am so sad to hear this!
This kitty makes me smile everytime I see your avatar.
The same kidney failure happened to my 15 year old kitty in 2018. He was my special baby.
I fully understand your anguish, it's so hard.
((((Hugs)))))

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I'm so sorry. Losing a loved one is never easy, and yes, I put our furbabies right up there. I'm hugging you from where I am. Don't worry about being strong, just be there with her.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about Ruby. It's terrible to lose a pet. They really are a part of the family. I had to put down two pets a few years ago. My chocolate lab Huck was 14 when he went and my lab mix Belle was also 14 when she went a few years later. I highly recommend a mobile vet service for euthanasia. I was with them both until the very end but Huck was euthanized at the vet hospital and Belle at home. It was very hard but I felt it was absolutely necessary to be with them. I can't imagine not. I really think it was much easier on us as well as Belle to have it done in our home.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry! It is so hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet, my heart goes out to you.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry about Ruby. It's terrible to lose a pet. They really are a part of the family. I had to put down two pets a few years ago. My chocolate lab Huck was 14 when he went and my lab mix Belle was also 14 when she went a few years later. I highly recommend a mobile vet service for euthanasia. I was with them both until the very end but Huck was euthanized at the vet hospital and Belle at home. It was very hard but I felt it was absolutely necessary to be with them. I can't imagine not. I really think it was much easier on us as well as Belle to have it done in our home.

I heard about those mobile vets. I live in a smaller place so I don’t think that’s an option. I really like my vet at least. She is kind.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending hugs.
You are doing the right thing and you’re doing it because you love her so much.
It isn’t easy, they take a part of your heart with them when they go, but that’s ok.
She was loved to the moon and back and when she leaves she leaves enveloped in love.
Journey well little one.

Zarya

Rough_Rock
She's 15 years old and has been battling kidney disease. Despite being on IV fluids and eating special food, she has lost a dramatic amount of weight and is weak. I can tell she feels bad because she is hiding. It's so sad. She's 15 years old and that is up there for a cat, but my other cat is 19 and going strong! Most of my cats I have had growing up and as an adult have lived beyond 20, so despite her "old" age, this is still sad and unexpected for me. I already made the appointment and I am bringing her in tomorrow. I am just sad - it hasn't quite hit yet though. It will be very strange not to just have her around the house with me. I may or may not change my avatar photo just because I am unsure how painful it will be to look at. For those of you who lost your furbabies I hate what you had to go through. I plan to be with her through the process; I recently learned that most pet owners are not which was a big surprise to me. Anyway just keep us in your thoughts. Photos are from when she was plump and healthy. :cry2:

1652139206240.png

1652139232178.png
1652139276418.png

I've so enjoyed seeing her magnificent whiskers and slightly fuzzy black nose as your avatar! Very best wishes to you both at a sad time.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is heartbreaking. I'm so very sorry. :blackeye: If only our beloved furbabies could have more time on earth with us. Hopefully you'll take comfort in knowing that you gave Ruby the happiest and most wonderful life, surrounded by love. That's as much as anyone - human or furry - could ever hope for, and you did that for her. Sending hugs!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be brave @Mreader, it’s so hard saying goodbye, even when you know it’s the right thing to do. Take comfort in knowing you’ve given her the best life possible, and more importantly, you’ll be there for her right till the end. When we had to have Dottie PTS, the vet said their sense of smell is the last thing to go, so she’ll know you‘re there with her before she slips away.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock

1652139206240.png

1652139232178.png
1652139276418.png

What a beautiful girl... She looks like my Abbie, who lived to be 21 y/o.

I am so sorry about your girl being so sick and failing. It’s pretty bad when they hide, just know you're doing the right thing.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, Mreader. Sending you hugs.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mreader, I am absolutely heartbroken for you and your dear kitty. Losing our furbabies just hurts too much. Although you're doing the right thing, it's so very sad. I hope you are able to find some small comfort knowing that Ruby is a very lucky little puss to be so loved, and that you have given her a wonderful life. Much love x

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Aww jeez.
It is the least we can do, for a lifetime of love that they gave, to be there as they leave.
We're all thinking about you, as you say goodbye to your friend.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry..It’s just heartbreaking to lose them. My heart goes out to you. I had to put my Bailey to sleep last July 1st. I was there with him until he was gone too putting my face on his..It was hard for me but I knew it would give him comfort. I will be thinking of you. You’re a good momma.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a hard thing to go through. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that you have her the best life possible.

Hugs to you.

No... I'm terribly saddened to hear this. I always enjoy looking at Ruby's most perfect loaf pose in your avatar pic. And she has such a sweet black heart nose. But it sounds like she's giving you all of the signs that she is ready. You're doing the right thing. If you can be by her side to comfort her when the time comes tomorrow, please do. I find it comforts us too in knowing we were there when our furbabies departed. From our arms to the rainbow bridge. Big hugs to you, @Mreader. :cry:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Even though the beloved furry ones have let me know in no uncertain terms that they were ready to go, I still second-guessed myself. Every time. We were with each of them for the last trip to the vet. It hurts the heart each time...I wish they could stay longer.

Thinking of you and Ruby, and sending {{{hugs}}}.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I wish we could have had that for Tibby but i would think only a rural vet would do that and only if they had a very good relationship with the famer

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry for your loss, it's clear you gave her a good kitty life, i hope that's some comfort to you and your family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results