shape
carat
color
clarity

Tolkosky vs. Hearts on Fire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

frank184

Rough_Rock
OK, need some expert help here. Looking to buy a nice 5 stone band for 5th yr anniversary. Checked out 2 different brand names (Hearts on Fire & Tolkowsky), now I dont know which one is the better deal. HOF is about 1 carat, G/H color, VS2, cost is $6700. Tolkowsky is 1 carat, E/F color, VS2, cost is $6900.

To the naked eye, the HOF is more "eye catching" (both under and away from the spotlight) but the raw numbers indicate the Tolkowsky is the better deal (based on price in relation to color).

I''''ve researched as much as I can on the internet but still haven''''t gotten a simple answer to my question, between these 2 options, which one is overall the better deal based on color, cost, value, cut, and brand name?

Help...

Confused in Hawaii....

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
They probably are both awesome, but I would go with the one that looks better to your eye.

meffaman

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 10:24:13 PM
Author:frank184
OK, need some expert help here. Looking to buy a nice 5 stone band for 5th yr anniversary. Checked out 2 different brand names (Hearts on Fire & Tolkowsky), now I dont know which one is the better deal. HOF is about 1 carat, G/H color, VS2, cost is $6700. Tolkowsky is 1 carat, E/F color, VS2, cost is $6900.

To the naked eye, the HOF is more 'eye catching' (both under and away from the spotlight) but the raw numbers indicate the Tolkowsky is the better deal (based on price in relation to color).

I've researched as much as I can on the internet but still haven't gotten a simple answer to my question, between these 2 options, which one is overall the better deal based on color, cost, value, cut, and brand name?

Help...

Confused in Hawaii....
Go with the one that you looks better to you. My wife has a Tolkowsky, but that's only because it happened to be what was available in the size, color, and clarity I was looking for. I really could care less that it's a brand name. I mean I really don't think an expert could tell a diamond was cut by Tolkowsky just by looking at it, never mind a consumer. As long as the stone is cut well and the other characteristics fit with what you're looking for then that's all that really matters.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have a HOF five stone wedding band. It is well made and sparkles like crazy! It is 1 ctw. I would choose whatever looks more pleasing to your eyes. I can only tell you that I have been very happy with my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results