shape
carat
color
clarity

Together forever or not (soldering)???

Should I sodder my e-ring and wedding ring together? (both are about 3mm)

• Yes!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Soddering....What do you have? Do you like it? What are the Pros/Cons of soddering rings together?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I voted no and I replied to your other post.

I would need to know more about your rings than just the width- why are you thinking of putting them together?

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
yeah I didn''t mean to post twice, first time with the poll thing....

here are some pics:

mine 1001001.jpg

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 3:40:00 PM
Author: Sparkles22
yeah I didn''t mean to post twice, first time with the poll thing....

here are some pics:

semi-mounting 1001001.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s really up to you. I had soldered my original wedding set. I just never wore just the band and the band was notched so I wouldn''t have worn it by itself. My sister''s set is similar to yours and she soldered them together too and has never needed to just wear her wedding band. Also, the channel set diamonds on her rings never stayed lined up and that drove her nuts. soldering them together keeps them perfectly in line.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 3:44:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
it''s really up to you. I had soldered my original wedding set. I just never wore just the band and the band was notched so I wouldn''t have worn it by itself. My sister''s set is similar to yours and she soldered them together too and has never needed to just wear her wedding band. Also, the channel set diamonds on her rings never stayed lined up and that drove her nuts. soldering them together keeps them perfectly in line.
Thanks!

That was one of the things I was weighing...

For: diamonds line up, less ring spinning with a thicker band?
Con: can''t wear alone

Just wanted to hear what was more common and some feedback on it. Thanks again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i bought a plain WG band that I wore i the rare occasions i didn''t wear my set.

the diamonds not lining up would drive me crazy, i''m probably the only one who will tell you to solder. it is however very easy to do and undo if you changed your mind.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 3:51:37 PM
i bought a plain WG band that I wore i the rare occasions i didn''t wear my set.

the diamonds not lining up would drive me crazy, i''m probably the only one who will tell you to solder. it is however very easy to do and undo if you changed your mind.

Thanks again! A plan band or such would be a good idea. Don''t really know when I wouldn''t wear them together anyone... maybe if I''m traveling somewhere?

BTW I think your doggie picture is soooo very cute (avitar)!

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 3:47:41 PM

Date: 3/28/2007 3:44:03 PM
Thanks!

That was one of the things I was weighing...

For: diamonds line up, less ring spinning with a thicker band?
Con: can''t wear alone

Just wanted to hear what was more common and some feedback on it. Thanks again!

If your rings are spinning, you could always get sizing beads soldered inside of your rings instead of soldering together the bands.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
curio, it''s not that her rings were spinning they just don''t stay 100% lined up all the time and it bothered her to look down and see it just a touch or so off. it was easier to just solder since they are a matching set.

another reason why i like full eternity bands
3.gif
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 3:56:57 PM

Thanks again! A plan band or such would be a good idea. Don''t really know when I wouldn''t wear them together anyone... maybe if I''m traveling somewhere?

I love the look of a plain band, a diamond band, and a e-ring between them... but then your wedding ring would look more like an anniversary band and the plain band your wedding band... the options are endless LOL The options lessen though if you cannot separate your rings. for your rings I probably wouldn''t solder them.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Full eternity bands are sooo pretty... but impossible to find with princess channel set diamonds in a thin band... I looked without success
7.gif
, that would be ideal, with just a little space incase the size needs to change. In that case there would be no need at all to solder.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 4:56:44 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 3/28/2007 3:56:57 PM

I love the look of a plain band, a diamond band, and a e-ring between them... but then your wedding ring would look more like an anniversary band and the plain band your wedding band... the options are endless LOL The options lessen though if you cannot separate your rings. for your rings I probably wouldn''t solder them.
Well, as I picture this, I guess you could solder and if another ring was added later, then just flip the soldered set around so that the diamond band would be nearest the knuckle, then ering, then wedding band. Wait, on second thought, the diamond band might chew on the ering, so maybe that ''s not such a hot idea. Ok, forget what I said. lol

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
julia, you make a good point.

sparlkes rings are channel set so she doesn''t have to worry about diamonds chewing..

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
as you know, this is just personal preference and here is mine. i have never liked the look of rings sodered together. it seems to me you can tell they are sodered since they are always together. i do like the option of wearing them separately also. i ended up buying more eternity bands (channel set) and i often pair the two diamond with a sapphire in the center on the left hand and the e-ring on the right. i would not want to solder them but leave my options open. mrs. solvo says separating is not a problem but i just wouldn''t want to attach them. i am sure whichever you do will look great.
1.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
There''s now way I could have done it. I never knew what the ''bloat'' factor would be. I may not have been able to get the thicker band off!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 5:58:15 PM
Author: gail013
There''s now way I could have done it. I never knew what the ''bloat'' factor would be. I may not have been able to get the thicker band off!
that''s true too.... I can wear 12mm worth of rings on my fingers but they are moving independently unlike 1 thick band. I''m getting one 6mm stand alone ring that will hopefully have an illusion of sorts of being 3 rings... but no soldering LOL And then I''ll still probably wear it occasionally with my wedding ring that will *not* match at all except in my heart... ::insert "awwwww" here:: hehe

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
No no no! Too much commitment (lol!)! I have days when I can''t wear my e-ring because of the activities I''m doing, but I like to wear my wedding ring all the time, which would be difficult if they were soldered. I also would never do it because my grandma did it and regretted it. She finally got the set separated, but the rings aren''t even now.

*M*

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 7:03:09 PM
Author: poptart
No no no! Too much commitment (lol!)! I have days when I can''t wear my e-ring because of the activities I''m doing, but I like to wear my wedding ring all the time, which would be difficult if they were soldered. I also would never do it because my grandma did it and regretted it. She finally got the set separated, but the rings aren''t even now.

*M*
Sorry to hear about your grandmother''s ring. Why didn''t they come out even? That''s sad
7.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 10:30:33 PM
Date: 3/28/2007 7:03:09 PM

Author: poptart

*M*

Sorry to hear about your grandmother''s ring. Why didn''t they come out even? That''s sad
7.gif
I''m not sure why they didn''t come out even... she took it to our family jeweler (I believe) who is VERY good and knowledgeable, so I''m not sure what happened. It doesn''t bother her too much, but it drives me nuts, haha.

*M*

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah it''s supposed to be easy to take apart, maybe it was just the wear on them while they were together for so long...shrug..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had mine together for 5 years and they came apart very easily were polished and looked just like new. it was $25 for the seperation and polish...

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I can always try them solo for a while then solder then if I don''t like it un-solder LOL! These will be about 6mm together... I have a ring that is like 6.5mm and although the thickness feels nice, when i wash my hands and stuff the water seems to stay under the band, I have to move it around to get the water out... would that be likely to happen at 6mm or if they weren''t soldered?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band is 6mm, and I can''t stand it. That''s why I''m getting a different one. It feels like it''s suffocating my finger, and yes, water does get trapped under there VERY easily. I don''t have as much problem with my e-ring as it''s only 2.5 mm wide. I think you have a good idea trying it un-soldered and then try it soldered if you don''t like it the first way. Just make sure you get someone who can take them apart well!

*M*

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had gotten a wrap to wear with my solitaire e-ring for an anniversary gift and I decided to solder them together. They never were able to have them perfectly lined up and made several attempts. When it was all over, and I decided that I much preferrred them seperate, my e-ring was as thin as dental floss (no joke) and I had to reset my stone. Long story short, I voted no.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the same boat. Not sure if I want to solder them together or not. I have decided to try out Ring Snuggies and see how they work first. I have heard you can get them at Claires or Walmart and they are clear PVC which can hold two rings together. I will let you know how they work once I get them.

good luck with you decision!
1.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 10:49:14 AM
Author: AmantdeChat
I am in the same boat. Not sure if I want to solder them together or not. I have decided to try out Ring Snuggies and see how they work first. I have heard you can get them at Claires or Walmart and they are clear PVC which can hold two rings together. I will let you know how they work once I get them.

good luck with you decision!
1.gif

That''s interesting never heard of those. I know they have something like that if your ring is too big and don''t want to size it down. Let me know if you find them and what you think! Good luck to you too!

Ps-- I would like to thank whoever changed the topic so the spelling was correct. I appreciate it! Thank you!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sparkles, I vote no because sometimes you will want to wear your band without your engagement ring. For instance, at the beach or out hiking I''m always afraid of losing my diamond - even though it''s insured, it has sentimental value.

Also, I had a baby a few months ago, so I mostly just wear my band at home with yhim for 2 reasons - first, there''s no chance of him getting knocked or scratched by the prongs, and second, I have an asscher which smudhes easily, and with always putting lotion on the bayb, it would liook awful at the end of each day ;-)

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 2:52:36 PM
Author: vespergirl
Hi Sparkles, I vote no because sometimes you will want to wear your band without your engagement ring. For instance, at the beach or out hiking I''m always afraid of losing my diamond - even though it''s insured, it has sentimental value.

Also, I had a baby a few months ago, so I mostly just wear my band at home with yhim for 2 reasons - first, there''s no chance of him getting knocked or scratched by the prongs, and second, I have an asscher which smudhes easily, and with always putting lotion on the bayb, it would liook awful at the end of each day ;-)
That''s a good point I haven''t thought of that! Thanks!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having the same probem. My band is constantly spinning and seems like every time I look down the two are not lined up. It''s only been 3 days since I was married, but it is driving me nuts. I really don''t want to solder them together, so I think I''ll look for some of those ring snuggies or something similar to see how well they hold the rings together.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results