shape
carat
color
clarity

Together forever or not (soldering)???

Should I sodder my e-ring and wedding ring together? (both are about 3mm)

• Yes!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
At first I thought I would get my set soldered because the matching band can''t be worn on its own and it''ll probably spin and drive me nuts, but I want to get a plain band later for our honeymoon to wear alone, and I''ll probably want to wear it with my ering sometimes. So I''m not soldering them.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t like the idea, but there is plently of ways to prevent spinning.

I got my ring custom made into a guess what you call euro setting. it''s onr of my fingers shape on three sides

Also there are rings with little trap doors in the back

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve never heard of the euro setting, do you have pictures you wouldn''t mind sharing?

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
This is a euro shank. It''s just a soft square on the shank, instead of it being rounded over.

My jeweler is doing mine with a euro shank since my ring will have a halo and will likely roll over.

But like I said before, have you looked into sizing beads? It''s inexpensive, easily removable, and they''ll help with the spin...

3stoneback.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
totally personal choice here...for me it is a no, never, ever, ever...lol

I need the flexibility to wear just my band if I want to, and I don't want to buy another band to wear if i did solder my set..so that's it for me! (and I have a very similar set to yours :) ).

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 12:54:01 AM
Author: Sophie

I need the flexibility to wear just my band if I want to, and I don''t want to buy another band to wear if i did solder my set..so that''s it for me! (and I have a very similar set to yours :) ).
Do you wear the and by itself often?

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
I got the ring snuggies from Claires yesterday and they work really well on holding the rings together.

Some things that people may not like is they do make my rings fit really snug on my finger (of course they aren't called ring snuggies for nothing
3.gif
) I have cut/whittled out some of the part that makes it snug, but it is not easy to do as they are pretty tiny. I cannot put the ring snuggie on first thing in the morning as my fingers are swollen, but by mid morning I can put it on and I really don't notice it. Some people may however.

My finger is fairly thin, and they are a little too wide (across the finger, horizontally, if that makes sense?
33.gif
), but they are easy to cut down for that problem.

All in all, it's not a bad investment, especially at $3 a package. I would recommend at least trying them out, if only for a temporary fix or to see how you like the look that soldering would give your rings.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
1.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 5:27:52 PM
Author: AmantdeChat
I got the ring snuggies from Claires yesterday and they work really well on holding the rings together.

Some things that people may not like is they do make my rings fit really snug on my finger (of course they aren''t called ring snuggies for nothing
3.gif
) I have cut/whittled out some of the part that makes it snug, but it is not easy to do as they are pretty tiny. I cannot put the ring snuggie on first thing in the morning as my fingers are swollen, but by mid morning I can put it on and I really don''t notice it. Some people may however.

My finger is fairly thin, and they are a little too wide (across the finger, horizontally, if that makes sense?
33.gif
), but they are easy to cut down for that problem.

All in all, it''s not a bad investment, especially at $3 a package. I would recommend at least trying them out, if only for a temporary fix or to see how you like the look that soldering would give your rings.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
1.gif

Thanks for the update. Are they very noticible when they are on? Do you find you can feel them and they are annoying?

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not noticable to someone else who may be looking at your rings.

I have had it on all day today and have not really noticed it. About the only time I can feel it is when I rub my hands together or grab something with my whole hand.

The only problem I have encountered so far is when my hands are swollen. Then I cannot put it on until after the swelling goes down. It is also a bit of a challenge to get it on, but nothing extraordinary.

I am not sure if will be a permanent fix for me, but I am not ready to solder my rings together, so it will work for the moment.
face23.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Just a different spin - any alteration will impact the pieces and/or pieces. The will never be considered "original". May or may not matter to you - but nonetheless - something to consider.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 5:41:38 PM
It''s not noticable to someone else who may be looking at your rings.

I have had it on all day today and have not really noticed it. About the only time I can feel it is when I rub my hands together or grab something with my whole hand.

The only problem I have encountered so far is when my hands are swollen. Then I cannot put it on until after the swelling goes down. It is also a bit of a challenge to get it on, but nothing extraordinary.

I am not sure if will be a permanent fix for me, but I am not ready to solder my rings together, so it will work for the moment.
face23.gif
Do you have any pics of what they look like on?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 1:39:11 PM
Author: Sparkles22

Date: 3/30/2007 12:54:01 AM
Author: Sophie

I need the flexibility to wear just my band if I want to, and I don''t want to buy another band to wear if i did solder my set..so that''s it for me! (and I have a very similar set to yours :) ).
Do you wear the and by itself often?
I do, especially in the summer when my fingers swell...and even sometimes when I am PMSing (sorry for TMI) they get quite tight...but in the winter they could fall off if my fingers are wet, lol....s

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to vote yes because I''m considering it too!

I have a platinum solitare e-ring and alternate between my my plain wedding band and my diamond anniversary band. My plain band is fine, however with my anni. band, it sits up higher (channel set princess) and rubs my prongs! It actually really did a number on one side and Quest had to fix it. I''m amazed I didn''t loose my stone. Also, looking at the anni. ring from the side, you can see scratches all over it.
38.gif

So I''m contemplating having my diamond band soldered to my e-ring, if anything for protection for the prongs! If I really do it, I may have both rings sized up 1/4.

I believe punch ''n'' pie had her Tacori set soldered and it looks fab!

Madora

Rough_Rock
I have my set soldered together, as I have a channel set diamond contour band. I tried to wear it not soldered, but the "not being perfectly lined up" drove me nuts! The soldering is not visible at all, as the jeweler did a terrific job. It is very easy to take apart, should I change my mind once again. I''ve had this done before, and my ring looked perfect after being unsoldered. I have a couple of other bands that I could wear alone, should I not want to wear my ering. It works well for me, but that''s just my opinion.
emwink.gif
Good luck deciding!

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkles22: I will try and take a pic of it today or tomorrow.
1.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 10:47:04 PM
Author: february2003bride
I''m going to vote yes because I''m considering it too!

I have a platinum solitare e-ring and alternate between my my plain wedding band and my diamond anniversary band. My plain band is fine, however with my anni. band, it sits up higher (channel set princess) and rubs my prongs! It actually really did a number on one side and Quest had to fix it. I''m amazed I didn''t loose my stone. Also, looking at the anni. ring from the side, you can see scratches all over it.
38.gif

So I''m contemplating having my diamond band soldered to my e-ring, if anything for protection for the prongs! If I really do it, I may have both rings sized up 1/4.

I believe punch ''n'' pie had her Tacori set soldered and it looks fab!
What kind of anniversary band do you have? I don''t blame you I wouldn''t want to loose my stone! If you are doing some thing active you could always wear your plan band...

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 11:08:13 PM
Author: Madora
I have my set soldered together, as I have a channel set diamond contour band. I tried to wear it not soldered, but the ''not being perfectly lined up'' drove me nuts! The soldering is not visible at all, as the jeweler did a terrific job. It is very easy to take apart, should I change my mind once again. I''ve had this done before, and my ring looked perfect after being unsoldered. I have a couple of other bands that I could wear alone, should I not want to wear my ering. It works well for me, but that''s just my opinion.
emwink.gif
Good luck deciding!
That''s great that it isn''t visible. Do you mind the extra thickness? Do you find water getting under there quite often when you wash you hands, etc?

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 10:41:00 AM
Sparkles22: I will try and take a pic of it today or tomorrow.
1.gif
Great thanks! Do they stay on even when you wash your hands, etc?

Madora

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 11:13:20 AM
Author: Sparkles22

Date: 4/2/2007 11:08:13 PM
Author: Madora
I have my set soldered together, as I have a channel set diamond contour band. I tried to wear it not soldered, but the ''not being perfectly lined up'' drove me nuts! The soldering is not visible at all, as the jeweler did a terrific job. It is very easy to take apart, should I change my mind once again. I''ve had this done before, and my ring looked perfect after being unsoldered. I have a couple of other bands that I could wear alone, should I not want to wear my ering. It works well for me, but that''s just my opinion.
emwink.gif
Good luck deciding!
That''s great that it isn''t visible. Do you mind the extra thickness? Do you find water getting under there quite often when you wash you hands, etc?
Hi Sparkles,
The first time I had it soldered, I did notice a little difference, and the soldering was a little visible on the bottom side, but not enough to bother me. This time, the jeweler used less gold I suppose, because it simply looks like they are just sitting on top of one another, no visible added gold, and polished wonderfully. A much nicer job than the first go round, I couldn''t believe the difference in the workmanship! I left my band just a tad larger than my ering, so it wouldn''t feel too snug. The charge to do this was only $20. Should I ever decide to undo them again, with yet a different band, I know it''s not a problem, not expensive, and won''t compromise the quality of my ering. I know I was fortunate to have someone do such a nice job so inexpensively, and I can certainly see how this could be a problem in some cases depending on the workmanship. As for the water under the rings issue, I don''t have a problem. I try to make a habit of drying under my rings as I dry my hands each time, and remove them when I apply lotion, etc. Hope this helps!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 4:46:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
curio, it''s not that her rings were spinning they just don''t stay 100% lined up all the time and it bothered her to look down and see it just a touch or so off. it was easier to just solder since they are a matching set.

another reason why i like full eternity bands
3.gif
2.gif

That is exactly the reason I chose an eternity band too! I still wouldn''t solder them. I really like just wearing just my wedding band (out of the country on vacation or while working with my DH)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results