shape
carat
color
clarity

Together at last: Signed Pieces Eternity Band w/ Elaineh inspired WF Tiffany Knife Edge!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously think you made the right decision about the 6 pointers. I still think that is small enough not to take away from your center stone but big enough to make a statement by itself! I am seriously thinking of calling my jeweler and asking if Memoire allows trade-ins because I''d like to go with more stones that are a little smaller. But I''ll have to wait until we get back from vacation to do that. I think the 3 point bands are wonderful with stones around a carat or less. Your size stone can certainly handle the 6 pointers!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s a gorgeous set...so classic and timeless...

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At lunch time today, I ran over to this jewelry "showroom" place (they sell to the public but they also do wholesale and their prices are pretty decent). I knew they''d have a good selection of eternity bands. I specifically went to look at shared prong (again...) and at bead set (which I consider to be a good mix between shared prong and channel set). Anyway, they had 2 I really liked. One was a shared prong that was ~1.88 mm width, ~1.71 mm height, 30 stones, .62 ctw. So those were ~2 pt stones and they looked excellent with my ering. (I don''t think I''d want any bigger than that.) It was $2000.

I also saw a bead set ring that was 2.46 mm width, 1.92 mm height, .60 ctw. It was $1750.

I''m really glad I went there. My hubby still thinks the channel set looks best with my ering, but he says it''s up to me. :) The cool thing is that I can have Isaac send me a SP shared prong of roughly that same size I saw today. One more option!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 10:15:55 AM
Author: Jenn5504
I feel that I am titering right on the edge of OVERPOWERING my main stone, but I had 8 pointers on the last set for a 1.54 center and went down to 6.........maybe 4 would have been perfect.......but I am truly completely happy with this set and will definatley not be changing anything. I am looking at it this way-------this band will work great for my futre BIGGER upgrades.
31.gif

I really LOVE the 6 pointers with your ring - just right IMO. Your rings are timeless and classic - I never grow tired of looking at this combination!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful set!!! It''s so stunning and classic!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Katiedid, I think a 2 pointer shared prong band would look PERFECT with your ring. REALLY. ..........and tell me you''re getting it for less than $2000 from Signed Pieces..........I only paid $2100 for my 1.68ctw platinum G-H color band from Signed Pieces.............Granted, you may be getting the higher color but it should still be less than $2k. I really think there is just something sooooooooooooooo gorgeous about shared prong bands.........and having had one from BN to compare my Signed Pieces band to-------I can assure you, the quality of the Signed Pieces bands is top knotch and the diamonds sparkle like mad, 10 times more than the one I had from Blue Nile.

Diamondseeker2006, thank you very much for your reassurance on my 6 pointers. It really is nice to hear that.
1.gif
I am VERY happy with it. And as I said, it also helps if/when I ever get up over the 2ct center stone mark!
30.gif
Your memoire band is just divine..........so gorgeous..........the quality of their bands is just second to none from the ones I''ve seen.....I don''t think you can go wrong with keeping the band you have or doing 6 pointers.

Thank you mrssalvo, kcoursolle, Rock Candy, Diamond*Dana, lisaC, SanDiegoLady,Catmom, woobug02, aljdewey & Skippy123! After having ooooohed and aaaaahhhhhhed over the gorgeous rings posted here and after all of the amazing advice and guidance I found here, it means so much to hear the support from all of you wonderful people with such exceptional taste!!!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those poor guys at SP think I have officially gone MAD! I just called Pawel and asked him to overnight one they have so I can look at all 3 of these bands together at one time! The one he''s sending me is .80 ct, 32 stones, size 6.5, so the stones are 2.5 pts each. He didn''t have anything in stock that had 2 pointers. If I got the shared prong band, I''d go with the G-H color as well. I don''t need F-G. Obviously, this ring will be big on me, but I think I''ll be able to see which of the 3 I like best. If I make a decision this week, I can have my ring the first week of July! I soooooo want to be done with this!

The band he''s sending me is 2mm in height--I hope it doesn''t sit up too high!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
............I just have a hunch you''re going to love the 2 pointer shared prong band, Katiedid!
28.gif
But all of the bands you have discussed and showed us have been beautiful. You have wonderful taste.
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Think I''d be able to tell the diff. b/t a 2 pt and 2.5 pt band? And thanks for the nice compliment! My husband said "you''re going to get a reputation on PS". I said "no I''m not, they''re all just like me--picky! And they''re encouraging my madness!"
19.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly I doubt you''d see a difference between 2 and 2.5 pointer bands......I barely saw a difference between an 8 pointer and 6 pointer. My husband gives me crap about this site............they just don''t understand our obsession with diamonds.
30.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
your set is, hands down, my favorite set on this site. so beautiful!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Cellososweet, you are TOO sweet.
4.gif
You just made my day with that amazing compliment on my rings! Thank you!
35.gif
I know this set would never had happened without all of the wonderful info and examples on this site.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
......BTW, I never imagined I''d own a J SI2 that I LOVED so much!!!!!!!!! It''s just so great!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Enjoy them!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very classic looking set. Just lovely.
9.gif
The two rings work together perfectly!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, Tell me about your eternity band :) I love your ering...........woooooooooooo and have been looking at the same ering setting, I am getting the plain band but LOVE you eternity band........... Does to feel good together.... How do they sit together :) wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooooo please tell me about your eternity band :) I love it

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
Hey Woobug02. This is Jenn5504. For the last couple of days I have been unable to login.......still can''t under Jenn5504 and I can not for the life of me figure out why......my IT hubby can''t even figure it out. I finally figured out how to login under my OLD OLD login that I didn''t even realize I had......crazy.

SO, my eternity band. I got it from Signedpieces. It is G-H color and 6 point stones in size 4.75 for a ctw of 1.68. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It works GREAT with this awesome setting IMO. It is scratching up the size of the ering.........but I knew that was likely. Thank you so much for your compliments of my rings!
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Jenn I have to say that the combination of your gorgeous new solitaire and that eternity ring is just so classic and down right stunning!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
YEAH Jenn, I wondered where you went..... woooooooo glad you are back!!! I order the similar ering setting on Wednesday for my 1.61ct RB (almost exact same size as yours).... I ordered the plain knife edge to go with it but have been talking to Lesley and Signed Pieces about an eternity band :) Lesley recommended the paved knife edge matching band and Pawel has a 5.5 1.39ct eternity prong set band.... I had been admiring JCrows as one of my favorite sets and then YOU SHOWED UP!!! I love your set.. Everything is just perfect. please tell me about the rubbing... I assume your ering is platinum.. I think the eternity band that Pawel has is 5.3pointers... Does it bother you that they rub? thank you!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those rings together! They''re both stunning!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''m SUCH an IDIOT and was putting in the WRONG PASSWORD........that was my login problem......
20.gif
I should have listened when my husband was like "are you SURE you''re putting in the right password?" ha!

Woobug02, wow, we''re going to have twinkie rings! Cool! I LOVE the shared prong band I got from Signed Pieces. I think 5 pointers would be PERFECT. Yes, my rings are all platinum. Yes, they rub.........but I KNEW this would happen. If you go see the last set of rings I had (that I returned) you will see WHY I am SO in love with how great this eternity band sits with this setting! They sit pretty darn well together. I know it''s possible to get shared prongs bands that don''t "rub" the setting, but I just figure that the larger the diamonds in the band, the more chance they are going to rub.......so when I fell in LOVE with a bit more substantial eternity band like I got, I just knew it would probably rub......the 8 pointers I had in the old band that I returned rubbed the 6 prong setting like CRAZY. So this set is much better. I have to be very careful to put the engagement ring on the same direction every time so that I''m only rubbing the one side.......and my dumb rear put it on backwards one day and it rubbed the side that shows........
8.gif
Just going to have to get it buffed out. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a plain knife edge band to wear with this ring some day........I LOVE that look, too........I''ll try to get some pics to show you the "damage" we have so far..........it does suck, but it''s worth it to me because I just love these bands together. And it doesn''t appear to me that it''s going to be a problem structurally whatsoever. Just a bit of a cosmetic consequence but since I won''t ever wear the engagement ring alone it won''t show.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 12:30:07 AM
I have to be very careful to put the engagement ring on the same direction every time so that I'm only rubbing the one side.......and my dumb rear put it on backwards one day and it rubbed the side that shows........
8.gif
Just going to have to get it buffed out. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a plain knife edge band to wear with this ring some day........I LOVE that look, too........
Jenn, I have to do the same thing! And like you, one time I put my ering on the wrong way. It's a good thing it buffs out easily. I also love the look of a solitaire with plan band! I love your rings! I keep coming back to look at your pictures. Yummy!
30.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, Snlee, you''re so sweet. I love YOUR rings! Yours definately helped sway me towards a plain ering with eternity band!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, I honestly would not be happy with the eternity ring rubbing the e-ring prongs. I''d either get a lower set eternity ring ot get a plain thin platinum band to wear between the two rings to keep them from rubbing.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker2006, I have a 2mm plain band (in the original pics of my ering). It looks silly between the eternity band and ering though.......I have wondered if maybe they could thin it down to even less than 2mm possibly........but it''s platinum, wouldn''t that be a pain? I don''t know. I''m really ok with the rubbing.........I know it would NOT suite everyone, but I don''t want a smaller eternity band.......maybe eventually I can get my rings down to WF and see if they can modify something. For now I''m happy though.
4.gif
I keep hearing that the memoire bands are set VERY low, that is nice. I read somewhere where John from WF said something about over 5 pointers would rub the knife edge setting........guess maybe 4 pointers would work, since my 6 pointers rub?????? I''m not going smaller on the eternity band stones personally, but for future pricescopers looking for eternity bands to go with the tiffany knife edge, I wonder if that would work.
40.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn, my stones are 10-11 points and they do not rub, so it's not an issue of the size of the diamonds. They need to make the setting lower. But aside from that, I imagine a 2mm platinum band could be made narrower, maybe 1.5mm? That might help it be less conspicuous.

Let me just add that I am saying this because I can stand to think of that gorgeous e-ring getting scratched!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 10:32:03 AM
Awww, Snlee, you''re so sweet. I love YOUR rings! Yours definately helped sway me towards a plain ering with eternity band!!
30.gif
Awww, thanks Jenn! *blush*
5.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo this is great info!!! I too want a blingy band.... I wonder if all of signed pieces would rub... most are set similar.. At least platinum can be polished and you lose no metal :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I hope they receive my ring on Monday so they can get it moving :) Did you find their rings ran to size, smaller or bigger???? I am in a delima over size!! WOOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I love your set :)

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker2006, I appreciate your concern. It''s very kind. I''m so sick of this "process" and so happy with the rings I finally have that the thought of sending anything back for work just kills me.
8.gif
I can see how it would help if the stones in the eternity band could be set a bit lower.......hmmmmm. Maybe I''ll call Isaac and see if he has any recommendations. I would honestly be fine if things just stayed how they are, but it would be nice if it didn''t have to scratch the side of this AmAzInG ring! I do know that this Signed Pieces band sits much lower and is a much better design than the eternity band I had from BN........

Woobug02. Ok, I am trying to gather your story on the ring change you''re doing. Give me the scoop.
1.gif
As for size.....I agonized over the size of the eternity band especially---since it would not be easy to change. My finger truly measures a 4.5 but I got a 4.75 for both rings so that I wouldn''t accidentaly "outgrow" the eternity band anytime soon.........fortunately I''ve had 2 kids and the finger size didn''t change enough to effect my rings so I''m good in that department. I worry that down the road my nuckles could get bigger and have a hard time getting my small rings on and off.......ANYHOW. Both the Signed Pieces and the WF ring seem to be very true to size. I was worried after my 4.5 ering form BN that fit fine followed by the 4.5 2mm band that was WAY too tight. I felt BN''s sizing was a little hit or miss.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results