shape
carat
color
clarity

today''s Q...if a friend invited me out for dinner...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 2:30:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 3/16/2009 2:26:19 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
As far as business goes...I encourage people to order whatever they like...and I feel that most people have an inner compass that says I won''t order anything I normally wouldn''t. I always try to order nice bottles of wine for the table, various appetizers and desserts to loosen people up and show that it''s okay to eat!

My husband goes to business dinners all the time...weither he''s the guest or the host, he usually gauges what he orders by what he''d order if we were eatting out.
I used to encourage, and still am very easy going about it. It doesn''t bother me if people order a nice, pricier meal. It''s the going nuts part that bothers me. Fortunately, I''ve only experienced it once or twice in the last 13 year (meaning when I''ve taken a few people out on my company dime). But I''ve seen it happen quite a few times when someone else is paying, or when there are a few of us vendors splitting the bill. It''s usually the alcohol that''s abused.
That totally happens! I''m good with the food...if you want a $55.00 steak, okay...but alcohol is another bag of treats all together. That''s why I generally order wine for the table if it''s a group of 5 or more.

Then again, I sometimes pre-order everything when it''s a large group including drinks...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 9:45:25 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
would it be rude of me if i order thee most expensive dishes on the menu?

i was dining at Morten''s and over heard this guy sitting next to our table saying to his friend...since you''re buying dinner tonight i''m ordering thee most expensive food on the menu.
23.gif
isn''t this guy being rude ?
It sounds like he was probably joking
2.gif
that''s what I would assume, if I overheard this.

To answer your question: if a friend invited me out for dinner... I wouldn''t assume the friend was paying. I would split the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results