shape
carat
color
clarity

Today's Pawn Shop Find

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a lovely find. I keep coming back to look at it. I wish you had a before picture...so we all would know what to look for in our searches. How do you find your treasures?

I feel your pain on selling or keeping. Maybe you should keep it for a while. Wear it while you are on the hunt for your OEC. But if selling would give you a financial bump to your dream OEC - then get it listed.

Let us know what you are going to do.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Jimmianne, I can sympathize with you, but are you SURE this wasn't meant to be????

I mean, what was it that made you walk into that store on that particular day and spot that ring.....
Look how much bling this is !!!

It's GORGEOUS !!!!
I don't know about you, but I have a big 5 stone and I wear it EVERY day and I would now feel naked without it !!! :shock:

Those ovals are beautiful, well matched for color, have a surprise garnet, and look WAY BIG !!!
It suits your finger !!!
I would LOVE to wear that ring, you lucky duck !!!

And so, hopefully you wear it for awhile, let it grow on you, and if for whatever reason it doesn't, then let it go....
maybe to me :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo~Shiney!|1402355389|3689728 said:
Jimmianne, I can sympathize with you, but are you SURE this wasn't meant to be????

I mean, what was it that made you walk into that store on that particular day and spot that ring.....
Look how much bling this is !!!

It's GORGEOUS !!!!
I don't know about you, but I have a big 5 stone and I wear it EVERY day and I would now feel naked without it !!! :shock:

Those ovals are beautiful, well matched for color, have a surprise garnet, and look WAY BIG !!!
It suits your finger !!!
I would LOVE to wear that ring, you lucky duck !!!

And so, hopefully you wear it for awhile, let it grow on you, and if for whatever reason it doesn't, then let it go....
maybe to me :lol:
LOL, ooo-Shiney, your post made me smile.
And the WORST thing is, now I want to go right back to that shop and find the next thing :devil:

here is before & after. The setting looked like excellent quality but the stones were suspicious. I thought they were faux because they all appeared to be cut exactly alike and were sort of plastic-looking. I made the shop owner ignore her "all sales final" policy and promise to take the ring back if the stones weren't diamonds. It took numerous cleanings to wake up the stones - and the professional cleaning today really did the trick.
p1090981.jpg p1100132_2.jpg

I'm just blathering away now, but this has been fun! I like your idea of wearing it a while and then deciding what to do. [That's really how it works, isn't it. Some become part of you and others, though beautiful, somehow never completely click].

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really gorgeous. And nice find!

I know you do not need any encouragement to keep it: BUT.....I would set it in an eternity ring, stones E-W. But you already have ring, so that is out. Then a bracelet...with colored stones alternating?

If not then, two in stud earrings. Bezel set. Remaining two in that new design of a bangle Erica posted lately that is all the rage and in magazines galore.

I have no idea what you would do with the centre stone the is remaining. Gift to a family member??

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1402359250|3689777 said:
HI:

Really gorgeous. and nice find

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, thanks. I'm not familiar with the 2 stone bracelet and will look it up. {edit: oh - do you mean the open bangle with the diamonds set at the ends?]
getting off topic here, but I would say that great minds think alike - here's a recent photo. p1090960.jpg

East-West ovals...must look that up too!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really gorgeous. And nice find!

I know you do not need any encouragement to keep it: BUT.....I would set it in an eternity ring, stones E-W. But you already have ring, so that is out. Then a bracelet...with colored stones alternating?

If not then, two in stud earrings. Bezel set. Remaining two in that new design of a bangle Erica posted lately that is all the rage and in magazines galore.

I have no idea what you would do with the centre stone the is remaining. Gift to a family member??

cheers--Sharon

First of all I love that ring! Congratulations on the find. Definitely keep it! I love all of the above ideas, bezel earrings, bangles and a matching bezel necklace?! I love the ring idea too just not sure how it will work with so many new rings!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="hathalove|[/quote]

First of all I love that ring! Congratulations on the find. Definitely keep it! I love all of the above ideas, bezel earrings, bangles and a matching bezel necklace?! I love the ring idea too just not sure how it will work with so many new rings![/quote]

:wavey: Yes, off the deep end for sure. If you say keep it I just might have to =)

I think it will come down to what gets worn all the time, then let the rest go on to new homes.
This foray into diamonds has been an odd pass-time for a basically non-materialistic person who doesn't wear jewelry :lol:
Ah - the profound effects of PS!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1402362491|3689816 said:
HI:

Really gorgeous. and nice find

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, thanks. I'm not familiar with the 2 stone bracelet and will look it up. {edit: oh - do you mean the open bangle with the diamonds set at the ends?]

Yes.

getting off topic here, but I would say that great minds think alike - here's a recent photo. p1090960.jpg

Crazy beautiful. :love: My neighbour has the gift with orchids, and I admire them!

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a brain storm while wearing the ring today between 2 gold rings my friend made for me. I love the juxtaposition of tribal and refined. Probably not the choice of too many people here. I also have a call in to ERD to price a nice simple band setting.
The first has given me ideas for a fun ring - so I guess for now it's a keeper. A nice bargain for good finger coverage.

I never did reveal the cost - it was not exactly a give away, but I paid about a third of the appraisal. I really did hope it was going to turn out to be an 8k ring, but still, not too bad.
End of story : )
thanks, all, for all the input! :appl:

20000.jpg
I have no idea how to make a small photo...sorry.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
No need to be sorry for BIG photos! We can see the diamonds better!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It's okay to talk price here as long as you're not trying to sell it.

I love the proportion of the stones to each other.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love the ring. I am an oval fan and those are really pretty. I don't see where the garnet is. You said it was in the table. Any pics to show this? Of course I will tell you to keep the ring and since it is too big take the stones out for other pieces. I know they are not Ds but EFGs ain't bad... Great find. :love:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love the ring. I am an oval fan and those are really pretty. I don't see where the garnet is. You said it was in the table. Any pics to show this? Of course I will tell you to keep the ring and since it is too big take the stones out for other pieces. I know they are not Ds but EFGs ain't bad... Great find. :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1402447527|3690515 said:

The garnet is quite small - I would probably need to photograph the diamond through a microscope.
But here is a photo from the internet that gives an idea of the appearance:
garnet_3.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Holy finger coverage!!! Amazing find!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1402504513|3690930 said:
Holy finger coverage!!! Amazing find!

This maybe my gateway drug ... I mean diamond... :lol: into the world of More Finger Coverage.
I am enjoying all the fun comments here, and love wearing it.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I think you should keep it. It is a beauty. :appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would totally keep that ring - as is - any day of the week, and thrice on Sundays! What a beautiful, classic piece and an awesome find! Congrats! :appl:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As threatened, I went back to the pawn to be sure I hadn't missed anything
and found this HOF 0.50ct band for just under $600:
img_3534.jpg
I am now officially staying out of pawn shops for a while since I can't seem to resist :lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Great find! Okay, so maybe they are dangerous for you, but SCORE!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister|1403540484|3699230 said:
Great find! Okay, so maybe they are dangerous for you, but SCORE!

ha.
yes.

I don't know how they come up with their prices - or find all this great stuff. The HOF band retails for 3250.
I feel lucky, and at the same a little weirded out about it :confused:

Anyway it's fun to hunt & find :lol:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Its absolutely gorgeous. I love ovals.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
You are having fun!! :appl:
I couldn't be happier with my sapphire/diamond find last week too...I really love finding treasures that I can pay cash for!
Your ovals cleaned up beautifully!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1403607818|3699895 said:
You are having fun!! :appl:
I couldn't be happier with my sapphire/diamond find last week too...I really love finding treasures that I can pay cash for!
Your ovals cleaned up beautifully!

Have you posted photos yet? :appl:
I think the hunt is as much fun as the having.
Isn't this a nice hobby? Everything is so small you can get tons of pieces for your collection and it doesn't take up much room in your house :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted that I paid 1/3 the appraisal price for the 5 oval ring, but it should have said 1/2.
I hope this message reaches the person who thought I was trying to make a profit. Those of you who know me know that it is not the case.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne - I totally wanna go pawn shop shopping with YOU! And I think it's feasible since we are practically neighbors (not stalking; just saw your location on the listing). :wavey:

I think it was just an honest mistake. I wouldn't sweat it. ;-)

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1405740670|3716373 said:
Jimmianne - I totally wanna go pawn shop shopping with YOU! And I think it's feasible since we are practically neighbors (not stalking; just saw your location on the listing). :wavey:

+1! Can we all take a trip with you?!?!

But, seriously - great finds - love the ovals!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, JoCoJenn.
I'm just outside Carrboro.
Are you near there?
There are a couple other PSer's in the area and we have been talking about having a get-to-gether. It would be fun to have lunch and visit the place where I've been getting my bargains. [although I should probably wait outside the store lol - just writing about it makes me want to drive right over there!]

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
endless_summer|1405744561|3716406 said:

+1! Can we all take a trip with you?!?!

But, seriously - great finds - love the ovals!

thanks, ES. You would be such an asset to a bling buying trip with your colored gem interests!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results