shape
carat
color
clarity

Today is a big day...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you''re good!! Yep, it''s a Tiff. I don''t know how you would set those hearts in a ring...like group them together like a flower??

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 5:06:20 AM
Author: ma re
Freke is renovating her home and is obviously planning on encrusting some of the ceelings with gems.

P. S. That photo with all the boxes on your hand - imagine having to sneeze at that moment
9.gif

P. P. S. Are you playing lottery? Cause you''ll need a small fortune to set them all
1.gif

Hahahaa that''s a good one.

I think she''s going to make a halo out of all 38 stones. How fabulous would that be??
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 3:12:10 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Garnet hearts

Oh, I heart these hearts! Pretty colors!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey,

I saw this tread at work yesterday (I don''t log on while I am working), I want to say what a great little treasure. You have some very beautiful stones.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A charm bracelet might solve part of the "problem"
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 7:23:56 PM
Author: Gailey
Date: 4/6/2009 4:13:55 PM
Lol Gailey. What would you do with them?
I was thinking about that. What size are they again?
Pretty tiny. Only about 3.5mm from the top to the point...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 11:50:17 AM

Date: 4/6/2009 7:23:56 PM
Author: Gailey

Date: 4/6/2009 4:13:55 PM
Lol Gailey. What would you do with them?
I was thinking about that. What size are they again?
Pretty tiny. Only about 3.5mm from the top to the point...
OK, teeny-tiny. I have some 4.0mm imperial topaz RB''s and they are pretty tiny too. I''ll be back with a photo in a bit of something that might work.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I think a row of teeny hearts reminds me of those promise rings my friends used to have in high school...and to be honest, I don''t think it was a very classy design. I dunno, it looks weird in my head. I think a pendant would be better
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanna see inside your head MP!

Hurry Gailey!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 12:17:29 PM
I wanna see inside your head MP!

Hurry Gailey!
OK, this is a costume set that a girlfriend gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I hope it''s OK to post the image as I am using it in context of setting some of your tiny stones. Now I''m not suggesting you copy this, but I wanted to show you an example of a piece of jewellery that uses lots of tiny stones with different cuts all in the same set. I measured the bar with the two small RBs either side and from end to end it measures 2½ cms. I estimate that the tiny RBs themselves are about 3mm, possibly smaller because of the bezel. They are certainly smaller than my 4mm imperial topaz RBs.

Notice that there are two more of these small RBs, one set in each of the earrings. I have to say that I`ve worn the earrings to death. You can tell because the gold is wearing off the lions. Eventually, I`d like to try and re-create this set with real gems and real gold. I can see two of your hearts in the same type of context.

So I guess the next step for you Freke would be to try and come up with a design for a piece that you can insert some of these tiny stones into.

Have you signed up for that goldsmithing, jewellery desinging course yet?

Gailey lion set.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't, but I should probably get on that...when I'm done with school.

That set is very cool. One problem I have is that the hearts came with 2 tiny pears that are different colors...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Liz

It might be worth you looking through Stuller when you have time. I`m browsing, looking for something else and I came across this ring mounting. This might not be to your taste, but there might be other settings that might appeal to you.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting that Gailey! What a cool setting. I think I need to go hit up my jeweler for ideas. I think if I did something like that ring, I''d want to keep it all in the same color family. FI would not like that particular setting since he''s so simple, but I think it''s cool. Who cares what he thinks! He''s not the one wearing it!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, great collection of stones!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 3:12:10 PM
Garnet hearts
Wow, those are cool
emthup.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t happen over here much but just browsing around at all the pretty stones!

Very pretty collection Freke! I look forward to seeing your finished pieces.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww!!!! Thanks Skippy and dixie!!!! I have no idea what to do with most of them. I have wheels turning in my head, but no $$$ to work with at the moment.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
You could use some of them in pendants like these from Yassi Harari

PMWJ01X.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, those are cool Barcelona! I would have a hard time deciding on which stones to use...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results